Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Santa...I can explain!

 
 
Please scroll down to see my latest
Sugar Bowl project!

Hi again, my darlins! Yep...it's time for another fabulous challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And...I do believe that I am your hostess again this week! I was thinking that, now that my trees are almost naked, it may be time to start thinking about winter!! So...this weeks theme at Mo's is...

Winter!

I went with "Christmas & Santa" instead of snowwww (I just can't handle snow yet!! hehe!) and chose this absolutely adorable little Mo Manning image called "Guilty May"... although Mo could have named her "Guilty Mia"...because this cutie looks so much like our youngest granddaughter, Mia Laren! (You may recall, Mia is the one who thinks you magically get a boyfriend AND a new car for your 16th birthday!) Well...our sweet little Mia is frequently in trouble for one thing or another! I must admit...that child just tickles me! hehehe!! So...here's my little card...


You can find "Guilty May" HERE at Mo's online store.


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
DPs: My Mind's Eye's Lost & Found "Christmas" collection
Sentiment: Printworks Collection & postmark: Paper Inspirations (both from Hobby Lobby)
Lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: my stash
Stickles
Glossy accents for her shoes
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Here's a peek at the inside...which I kept very, very simple...it's just DP w/one stamped postmark!


And one more photo....


So...now it's time for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the gorgeous projects by my talented DT sistahs!! Then, please join the fun by making and entering your own Mo Manning challenge project! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)...and follow this week's theme: WINTER! Who knows, you may be chosen (by that Random.Org thingie) to receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store.

Oh...I almost forgot...I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
Paper Sundaes - Digital images
And...there ya go! Thanks a bunch for stopping by to visit...and thanks, too, for your sweet comments! Big hugs...until next time....

25 comments:

CraftyC said...

How adoarble. She's just the sweetest and your card is just darling!
Clairexx

Boxofcolours said...

Santa, can I explain........... I'm not normally this naughty, but Pat made me buy all these new stamps!!

Yet another awesome creation!
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

Awwwwhhhhh, love this adorable image and that sentiment totally made me smile.....perfect!!!!!
Love the papers, design and your phenomenal coloring skills always amaze me!

Mau xx said...

This is just adorable Pat, Love your colour choice and the image is wonderful, I think thats a must on my list. Don't our Grandchildren amuse us...lol When my youngest daughter had her own Daughter, I couldn't help but laugh and say "What goes around..Comes around" She was a gem really but it doesn't pay to say that too often. xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! I love the papers and the adorable image! Awesome coloring and design, as always!

Debbie said...

Perfect sentiment for that innocent face...lol. Love the non traditional colors you used you always amaze me. it is perfect in every way.

Hugs
Debbie

Chrissy said...

She is adorable Pat..lovely soft colouring..love the papers and design...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Gretha said...

Ohh, what a sweetie.
Hugs Gretha

Alina said...

lovely card, Pat, sweet image and gorgeous papers, I have them too! and I looooove the sentiment!
thank you for your comments and everything, it is overwhelming!
hugs, Alina

fairysparkle said...

Love what you have done with this card Pat, and she is so cute .Love the colours and everything goes so well .

Cathy said...

Pat, This is just so sweet and love the sentiment but I thought maybe it was a self portrait. sorry, couldn't resist :) love ya GF!!! The papers and embelllishments are always perfect as is your coloring. Love everything about it as always!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Ha!! love that sentiment. Perfect for this little girl. Your coloring is gorgeous Pat.
Hugs Maz

Barb Hardeman said...

Love,love, love the golden red hair on this adorable image! Your coloring is completely fabulous, honey, honestly, few compare! The choice of paper is also delightful! Stunning work - AGAIN!
Hugs,
Barb

June Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card and I love that mos image too, its stunning xxxx

sara said...

gorgeous card love that image with the sentiment so sweet thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x

Dena said...

Oh Pat, I just don't see how you get that gorgeous soft look with copics! RRR they drive me nuts!!! haha! Your image is sooooo pretty! Sweet character and so fun that it reminds you of your granddaughter! Perfect touches all around.
Hugs, Dena

Danielle said...

OH!!!!!!!!! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!absolutely adorable Pat. How sweet to use this cutie along with the darling sentiment for a Christmas card. Wonderful colorig you did on May, and your layout is is awesome.
Hugs.

Betsy said...

Just too stinkin' cute!!!

Candy said...

Oh Pat!
She is adorable :o)
Your colouring is out of this world!!
A perfect card for your granddaughter or mine - she is also in trouble quite a bit!!
Hugs, Candy

Iulia said...

Oh, I love this sweet funny card! And you know what? She definitely looks like Mia! And that sentiment is perfect! Beautiful layout!
Really lovely and original m'dear!
Hope you're having a great Sunday! Here is minus 10 Cesius so I'm glad your trees are getting naked:) Lol, I hate cold and envy those who enjoy warmth and sun (as you did last week:)))!
Have a lovely Sunday sweetie!
Hugs, Iulia

Country Mouse said...

I HAVE this image...now I know a good way to use her!!! Your card is adorable!!!

Gretha said...

Your card is beautiful Pat. The text is great for christmas. The image is so cute, I love her.
Hugs Gretha

BuyWoWAccount said...

Gorgeous card! Sweet image indeed!

Buy WoW Account

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Pat, what a little sweetie, gorgeous colouring and love those papers.Love the sentiment...soo cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Thank you Pat!!! I have so enjoyed my trip through your blog! Thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog! I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas time and a happy, happy New Year! Hugs, Lesley