Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fancy Folds at Mo's!

Hey there, my sweet friends! Well...I'm back from visiting the kids and grandkiddos in AZ...and let me tell ya, I'm still exhausted!! hehehe!! But not too exhausted! In fact, I'm pretty jazzed about this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Why? Well...your hostess for this week's challenge is none other than yours truly! hehehe! And I've chosen as our challenge theme...

Fancy Folds

So, since I'm well into my Christmas card-making-mode, I selected this adorable little Mo Manning image called "Noelle Bearing Gifts"... you can find her HERE at Mo's online store. My clever DT sistah, Sheila, taught me how to print my images a bit lighter, giving a "watercolor" effect...which, I am really liking alot! Thanks Sheila, you da bomb, girlfriend!


As you can see, my "fancy fold" is actually a "Criss Cross" card! I think it qualifies as a "fancy fold"...hey, wait a minute...I'm hostess this week...and I say it qualifies! hehehe!!


Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink & Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up)
DPs: My Mind's Eye "Wonderful Winter"
Rick-rack & brad: my stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Nestabilities dies: oval & scalloped oval
Punches: Martha Stewart
Liquid Applique
Polar White Flower Soft
Copics & Prismacolor pencils (too numerous to mention)


Okey dokey...it's time for you to head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the gorgeous projects by my talented DT sisters! Then, we'd love for you to make your own Mo Manning challenge project and join the fun!! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE)! One lucky participant (chosen at random, of course) will receive a $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online store.

And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by...and for leaving such kind comments! Big hugs...until next time....

18 comments:

Ann English said...

WOW! Stunning!

Christina C. said...

Wow....another amazing creation by an amazing artist!!!! Loving this adorable image, colored and showcased to perfection!

Dorcas said...

Well I, for one, am not going to argue with the host!LOL I say it fits too! You're really doing a great job with the soft coloring, Pat. Her dress looks awesome!

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love the fold and the beautiful papers you used! The image is wonderful - I really love the way it looks colored like that! Awesome design!

Boxofcolours said...

Oh boy, you have certainly excelled yourself, my dear hostess!! I do like this particular Mo image and she may very well join my collection shortly.
Hugs
Jane

Sandy said...

Super card Pat - love this image and love everything you do!
sandy

Sheila said...

Blimey GF, rocked the soft line image, it's fabulous!!!, I just knew once you'd mastered it you'd blow me away!!.....you da bomb GF not me :).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Danielle said...

Comletely awesome Pat. I love this style of card,the cute image you used. gorgeous papers. Wonderful.

Kathy Bradley said...

I love reading your blog posts, Pat, you always, always make me laugh! And, your cards are totally amazing and perfectly colored, as is this beauty! Thanks for the inspiration.

Vicky said...

Ooh...so pretty Pat and I love the colours too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Debbie said...

Wow, I love the lighter affect..looks so pretty,and I love the criss cross card, so so pretty. Lots of detail in this one my sweet friend, and of course you did it to perfection.

Hugs
Debbie

Cathy said...

Well, my dear Pat, this stunning card certainly qualifies as a "fancy" fold card. This beautiful image colord to perfection is gorgeous and your embellishments are always amazing. You have blown us away again.

Molecraft said...

Just gorgeous Pat, love the fancy fold and lovely image!
Helen x

Candy said...

Happy you are home, Pat.
Love your lighter printing - maybe you could share that?
Another BEAUTIFUL card. Love the papers and your gorgeous colouring :o)
Hugs, Candy

Gretha said...

Wow, gorgeous!!
Love the colors.
Hug Gretha

Iulia said...

Hey darlin' Now, that was a funny post:) But since it's 1 in the morning I can't afford laughing out loud:) That's a good one: "I think it qualifies as a "fancy fold"...hey, wait a minute...I'm hostess this week...and I say it qualifies! hehehe!!" This is the Pat who's definitely having a very good time at the mom:) Shame on me, I didn't know you were the hostess; I should check the challenge folder more often. I'm a bad, bad frind and DT sis':( But the theme is fantastic and you did a gorgeous card here which I've been admiring ever since you dropped it in the folder. You and Sheila had fantastic ideas to color the images lighter; love the effect, looks like watercolor indeed; still, don't think I'm ready to try this. Sometimes the faces look strange but this is one I really really love how it turned out:) Gorgeous shape and colors; a really adorable festive card!
Keep on having a good time in Vegas sweetie; you surely deserve spoiling yourself. Just keep us informed of all those celebrities...young or old... you get in touch with, erm, I mean, you see around lol.
Hugs,Iulia

Elaine L. said...

Oops! I thought Cathy was the hostess...have to go edit my blog! Anyway, your card is lovely, as usual! I love the effect with the lighter image.

Dawn Knapp said...

Holy Schnikeys! This is just gorgeous. Your coloring never ceases to amaze me.