Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tilda in Teal...

Hello my darlins!! Can it possibly be the second Tuesday of September ALREADY?!! I believe it IS!! And that means...another fun Color Challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! (It also means that I've pre-scheduled this post because I'm on vacay in the Carribbean! whoohoo!)


But enough gloating...hehehe!...back to our challenge!! Our very own talented DT sistah, Tracy, has chosen three fun fall colors!! Tracy has challenged us to create a card or 3-D paper project using...

Orange...Teal...and Brown


OK...so...I pulled out my ever-growing Magnolia Stamp collection and chose this adorable Tilda for my card...why? Because our challenge colors remind me of Autumn...and because I am beyond happy that it is finally fall!! And fall is my fave time of year!! This little darlin is "Lovely Tilda"... and you can find her...along with about kabillion other delightfully adorable Tilda & Edwin stamps at Diana's Magnolia-licious online store, my store for all things Magnolia!!


I used Very Vanilla and Dusty Durango cardstock, some scrumptious fall DPs, and Dusty Durango ribbon -  all from Stampin' Up. The pearls are from my stash...and the flowers are a mix of Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima. The sentiment is from SU. Here's a quick little "artsy" view...


Now, my lovelies...it's time for you to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Tracy and the rest of my amazingly talented Design Teamies have created for inspiration. Then...you'll want to join in the fun by making and entering your own creation into this month's Magnolia-licious Color Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Who knows...that lucky person could be YOU!!!

And...that's it for me!! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for leaving such sweet comments. I'll see y'all when I get back home from the beach!! Until next time....Mwahhhhhh!

29 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Pat, just love the colours and the sweet Tilda.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Pat! Such a fun and happy card! Beautiful coloring and love how you embellished this!

Enjoy your vacation! hugs, Angela

Sandy said...

There is got to be another way of say gorgeous -- I absolutely adore the colors you have used. Beautiful!
Sandy

karen said...

wow, gorgeous! i just love your coloring! perfect, as always! love all the embellishments you've added.

Linda said...

Oh my Pat this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!!!!Excellent excellent work!!!!!!

Peggie said...

What a great card with such an unusual color scheme.

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
I too thought of fall right away.
You have made a beautiful card :o)
Have fun on your awesome holiday!
Hugs, Candy

Rene said...

WOW!!! This is so pretty! I love the colors and this little Tilda (we don't see enough of her!). Great layout...so pretty!
Rene :D

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Pat! Yes, it screams "Fall Is Here" and I love all the pretty colors you've used!
Hugs, Cami

Barb Hardeman said...

AS always, Pat, a gorgeous card with the most wonderful placement of embellies. Sweet happy image too, so beautifully colored. Enjoy your time on the beach, sipping whatever lavish drinks with little umbrellas they serve...hugs...Barb

julieprice3 said...

Love the teal and orange combo Pat, very striking! Lovely card
Hugs Julie P

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely adorable, Pat!!! Your layout is awesome and LOVE your paper and color choices! Tilda is too cute for words! Another amazing creation from your very talented hands!!
hugs, Sharon

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very pretty! : )

cabio's craft corner said...

What a great idea using these colors for a Thanksgiving card. Beautiful accents all over your card Pat and of course the coloring is just as pretty :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

paola said...

you nailed this combo and fabulous details my friend, hope you enjoying the holiday, i am so jealous
smiles
Paola

Only By His Grace said...

Love this combo of colors Pat.
Your card is adorable. I think this Tilda has attitude don't you?
I love that ribbon. your coloring looks great.
Hugs Maz

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Ooh woow this is gorgeous, totally love it! Bye Mascha

Paula said...

Beautiful card! I love the color scheme! And the flowers and ribbon just adds to it's charm!
Hope you are enjoying your vacation!!

Linda Palmer said...

Gorgeous card with such beautiful coloring and color combo.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

That's right Pat...RUB IT IN!!! Lol
Even though you are teasing us I will still say that I love your card and it's beautiful "beachy" colors. ~jeni :)

Elle said...

She makes me giggle!

cathylynn said...

Hey Pat!!! Are you having fun yet??? Where ever you are and what ever you're doing!!!!I think I'm alittle envious!!! Oh and your card of course is fabulous as always!!!! Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Teri said...

Oh, so stinkin cute!!! I love this Tilda, she looks so happy!! You did a fabulous job on this one... as usual!!! Perfect in every way!!!
Have fun on your vacation... wish I was there!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Jean said...

Oh my Pat, this is so darling.. I never thought I would like thse colors together, but you did such a glamorous taste and all your embellies make the card so perfect.. I especially love your choice of Tilda.. she is so fun and happy.. makes your card a really great one..
Hugs, Jean

Francy said...

this card is wonderful, I love all the embellishments. The paper are fabolous.
Francy

Danielle said...

OH! again, Tilda is toooo cute. She looks soooo happy, like me! we love fall colors! Gorgeous color combo, very beautiful coloring, and layout. Love it all.
Hugs.

Christina C. said...

I am loving this fabulous color combination! Your card is incredibly gorgeous....magnificent details and a beautifully colored Tilda!

Grenouille Greetings said...

A terrifying colour combo pulled off with aplomb like an expert! Perfect, Pat! Hugs, Lesley

Chris said...

Wow! This is just amazing! I love the color combo that you did so well. I'd never touch it, LOL! Everything about your card is gorgeous!

XO,
chris christensen