Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thank You, Nurses!

Hello friends!! I hope you're having a fabulous week!! I'm still recovering from vacation (I know...pooooor me, right?!)... but I think I'm finally getting caught up with...hehehe! ...you thought I was gonna say housework and laundry, right? Nope...not a chance...I'm just "up to date" with my cardmaking...until tomorrow, that is! hehehe!! You know...there are always new projects and new challenges to explore!!

Oh...and speaking of challenges...it's Thursday and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Once again, our hostess this week is my very talented friend and Design Teamie, Iulia...and here's what she's chosen as this week's theme...

"Furry Friends"

Hmmmm...I gotta tell ya, I don't really "do" animals! The fur is always such a challenge for me! Oh...wait...this IS a challenge! OK...fine...fur! UGH!! Oh, but wait...Mo has created some new images...you can check 'em out in her online store HERE! I popped over there last week and look what I found...


Now...you may be wondering how I could possibly pair the sentiment "You're too kind" with a nurse holding a hypodermic needle!! LOL!! I admit, it does seem a bit incongruent!! Except that I am a nurse...NICU nurse, to be exact...and when I retired, some of my colleagues (who are also nurses) treated me to dinner and gave me a fabulous pink & green carry-on suitcase for all my many travels!!  Hence...this darling Mo Manning "Nurse" image...and a "thank you" sentiment!!


I love so many of Mo's images...but when I first spotted "Nurse"...well, I just knew I had to have her!! How cool that she's holding a furry little teddy bear...perfect for this week's challenge! hehehe!!

Some of you may know that, in addition to finding fur challenging to color, I also struggle with making "Clean and Simple" cards!! Sooooo...once again, this started out as a "Clean and Simple" card...partly because I wanted to really showcase this darling little nurse...and partly because I wanted to challenge myself!! Soooooo...what'cha think?? Maybe I'm just getting a teensy bit closer?? Ahhh...c'mon...humor me! hehehe!




Here's my card "recipe"...
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla & MellowMoss (Stampin' Up)
  • DPs: The Paper Studio's Sweet Pea colletion
  • Ribbon: Very Vanilla (SU)
  • Sentiments: SU
  • Safety pins, buttons: stash
  • Dies/Punches: Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag, Nestabilities plain andscallopped circle &  oval, Cuttlebug corner die, and Martha Stewart lattice punch,

 And... a peek at the inside...

 And here are the Copics used to color this little sweetheart...
  • E21, 00, 000, 000 (skin)
  • R20 (cheeks)
  • E29, 23, 53, 51, 50, & YR20 (hair & bear)
  • White: C2, 1, 0, 00
  • R85, 83, 81, RV00 (pink scrubs)
  • BG72, 10 (stethoscope, bear's shirt, & ground)
  • BG0000: highlight around image
I also added a bit more shading w/Prisma pencils. And one last photo for good measure...



So...now you'll want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE so you can check out the furry gorgeousness by my fun and talented DT sistahs!! Then it's your turn to get busy on your own Mo Manning challenge project!! Just make a card, tag, or 3D project using one (or more) of Mo Manning images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE)...and come join the fun!!

And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for visiting, my darlins, and for your very kind comments! Big hugs...until next time....

26 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Of course you had to have the nurse!!

She's beautiful and I'm sure your nursing buddies will love it.

I wonder if teddy is about to be the recipient of the injection??? LOL

Hugs
Jane

Debbie said...

Miss Pat, you in no way shape or form struggled with the fur on this cutie patootie. The little teddy bear is colored to perfection as is this adorable nurse. I must say, as soon as I saw it, I thought of you.. You did a fabulous job with it, and clean and simple well, for us I guess that's as clean and simple as it gets, It is just GORGEOUS!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Dena said...

OMG this is adorabel! Love that image and you embellished perfectly!!!!
Hugs, Dena

ahlers5 said...

Love this card! Now that I have seen this image colored I just have to buy it to make our school nurse a card. Beautiful work.

Carla S. said...

Wow, Pat! This is absolutely fabulous! I loved this nurse when I saw her in Mo's shop! Your coloring is exceptional and I love the papers and safety pins and buttons - well, I love everything! Gorgeous inside, too! Hope you had a great vacation!

Dawn Knapp said...

Another beautiful card Pat!! I love the colored safety pins and buttons. You also also create the prettiest insides of cards too. You're my hero! =)

Christina C. said...

I think your embellishments are just PERFECT and your coloring of this cute nurse is spectacular!!!!! What a fabulous card....must keep this in mind as I have a great niece about to become and RN!

Marianne said...

I can understand that you as a nurse completly fel in love with this sweet image that you colored so great.
Love the colorcombo and your beautiful papers on the outside and insite aswel.
Hugs Marianne

Dorcas said...

I can just hear it now,"C'mere wittle sweet thang! Nursie Pat has a pressie for ya" STICK! Gee, thanks a lot! lol All kidding aside I think the card is beautiful and just perfect for your colleagues.
I love the colored safety pins, too cute! And you colors and coloring is perfect. Another winner GF!

Jenée said...

ROFLOL! Yes, that is a clean and simple card (for you). However, it is just right! Mo's little nursie is so adorable (does it make you miss working -- NOT). You've done a lovely job. The card is super!

Kathy Bradley said...

Aah, Pat, how cute and sweet is this adorable little nurse and her teddy bear! Your color is spectacular! Glad you enjoyed your time away - and glad you're back!

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love all the embellies and great image too!
Helen x

Barb Hardeman said...

Well, there are just so many perfects here, where do I start??? Okay, perfect dp, perfect image (of course who else could do a nurse so perfectly???) perfect coloring (I'm just a little jealous here because your coloring is par excellence) and perfect embellies! Love the way this clean and simple card came together and to me you still kept it clean and simple. Simply delicious, mama, precious and darling too!
Hugs,
Barb

Cynthia said...

Adorable! All of the details are so perfect with this sweet image, Pat.

Cathy said...

Hey Ms. Pat, I can see this being your version of CAS yep it is beautimus. Love it. the colors and your coloring are gorgeous. I love that you always color and embellish the front so perfectly and then....you do the inside too. You did beautiful on the fur too I don't think you struggle on anything from where we sit!!!

Michelle said...

I just finished a card with this image myself. As a nurse myself, I too just had to have it, love this image! You did a wonderful job on her! And your cards are always gorgeous, I look forward to your posts!

Sandy said...

Well that little bear butt (no pun intended) can take that needle for sure. However, I have seen other hypodermic needles I would not use on a horse!! This is a clean and simple design Pat -- you never really over do. You just come up with the most perfect ideas and you have inspired me to start practicing my coloring. Well done! Were do you find those embellishments - they can make or break a card for sure.
Sandy

Deeee said...

Awwww, so cute and perfect for your buddies...you didn't tell me you got a going away gift !

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this is absolutely adorable! I love the pastel plaid DP, your fantastic coloring, and the embellishments are just perfect! I was one of those who asked Mo for a nurse...my daughter is with the VNA, and just loves her job!

Iulia said...

Hey darlin! The minute I saw this sweatheart on the challenge blog I knew it had something to do with you being a nurse (well, used to, before becoming a pilgrim...lol:)). What can I say? Love it entirely! To me clean and simple means no embellies, so, not the case. The embellies you used here are fabulous, love those pins and the way you arranged the buttons... so, no clean and simple here. I'm not into CAS, you know that.
Your coloring is gorgeous as per usual, no idea why you say you're not good at furs, that teddy looks fantastic!
Happy recovery sweetie!
Hugs, Iulia

Bronwen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bronwen said...

Such a wonderful card with a super-cute image. I am in awe of your beautiful cards, inside and out. Such a lot of love poured into each one :)

Elena said...

Just perfect! Love the adorable little pins and dp ... your coloring is so awesome!

LG Elena

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, I just love this image, Iam going to buy it... She is totally precious! and you made such an exquisite card with her. I adore. Every thing is beautiful, and all elements create a perfect harmony, the colors are sweet and soft, every thing reflects kindness. I love the little pins, and the cute buttons. TOTALLY AWESOME, AND BEAUTIFUL. i ADORE.
hUGS.

Dawn B. said...

I just love this image. I come from a family of nurses. Adding the safety pins is the best addition Pat. Hope you recover soon. Hugs.

Sheila said...

Now..now Nursie!! I adore this beauty Pat, you have once again created a masterpiece!!, your colourwork is stunning!, I love everything about this my lovely cyberpal.
Hugs
Sheila xx