Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Autumn at the Sugar Bowl!

Hello my sweeeet friends!! Guess what?! It's time for another sweeeeet challenge at the Sugar Bowl...Challenge ... # 68 to be exact! Our very own talented DT sister, Kiki, has given us this fun sketch to follow...


...with "Autumn" as our theme! I just love, love, LOVE Autumn...it's truly my fave season!! So...I wasted no time pulling out some fall DPs and this adorable Sugar Nellie image called "Outdoor Adventure"... she's available at Funky Kits HERE. And here's what I came up with...


DPs are from Recollections' Autumn Collection. I used about a kabillion Copics to color this little darlin'...and a bunch of Prismacolor pencils for deeper shading. The mesh, ribbon, and leaf charm are from my stash. I added a liitle Tim Holtz distress ink (Vintage Photo) to the paper edges and ribbon to give everything a more rustic "feel"...the leaves were made with one of my Martha Stewart punches...and last, but not least, the sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up stamp set. Here's a little "artsy" view...



OK...now it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then...pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or paper project for this fortnight's challenge. Who knows...you may just be selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Our prize for this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

...your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!)...

OK...my sweet sugar lovin' darlins...let the craftin' begin! Thank you so much for stopping by...and for your very kind comments that always make me smile!! Sending sweet hugs...until next time....

13 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous card Pat...fab papers and gorgeous colouring as always!!

Fi
x

Jenée said...

Your talent is amazing. The composition of all the cards you make, the colors and those special little embellies are totally awesome. You are an inspiration!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love that bow and the maple leaf charm. You have colored the image beautifully, and I confess to not owning this one ... yet!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Boxofcolours said...

I personally love autumnal colours (as well as Pink!) and this card is beautiful.
Hugs
Jane

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Wow wow and wow I love this creation Pat...beautifully coloured as always

Ali x

Sandy said...

Very, very nice!!!!!
Sandy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Another beauty... you in the sea ... and the card is very lovely too! So pleased you had a fabby holiday! Hugs, Lesley

Elaine said...

Hello my little Sugar Muffin!
You have summed up Autumn most perfectly with your gorgeous creation.
The image and the papers are perfect, and I love the little maple leaf charm...too cute!
Awesome colouring and shading as always.
Hugs my sweet sister!
Love Elaine xxx

Barb Hardeman said...

Really, really, REALLY delightful! Love the charm, the bow and your coloring on the image! The layout is super dimensional and with those wonderful papers, it's smokin'!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Barb said...

My goodness, but you are a busy girl! Just after I catch my breath from one card, I scroll down to this beauty! Gorgeous coloring, gorgeous colors, and loving the sketch! You rock, woman!

Erika said...

Stunning card Pat and fabby Autumnal colours. Sorry my sentiment was an old Christmas rub on that I found, such a shame as it would make a great stamp.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Kiki said...

Another stunning card! The papers look so fantastic!

Hugs, Kiki

Mau xx said...

Great card Pat, love this image as we do lots of walking, she is so sweet.love the colours and sketch off to play in the sugar bowl :))
mau xx