Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is ice cream a food group?

The answer, of course, is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! hehehe!!

Hey there "Sassy" friends! Happy Tuesday! I'm writing this post in St. Maarten!! But don't be tooooo envious...we're waiting for a big tropical storm! There, that makes ya feel better, doesn't it?!! I thought it might! LOL!! Seriously...what's with me and natural disasters?! Earthquake, hurricane, tropical storms...sheesh...all I need now is a volcano to erupt! (Thanks to my sister, Dee, for that pleasant thought!!) But...I digress!!

It's time for another fabulously fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our hostess this week is our very own delightfully talented Sassy Jackie...and for our challenge theme this week, she's chosen...

"Good enough to eat - SC image with Food!"

Hence the question..."Is ice cream a "food group"?!

Now, I will fully disclose that my hips and thighs were created almost entirely from ice cream...it's true!! Ice cream is my food of choice over all things!! So...how lucky was I when I found this completely adorable Sassy Chery image?!! 


Her name is Sweet Indulgence, and she's available from Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE. I just love her wrinkled up little face and goofy expression...and, of course, those BIG ol' feet!! Here's a supreme close-up of this cutie patootie!


 I used Whisper White and Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up) cardstock...and DPs are from Magnolia. The sentiment came from Hampton Art...flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts...and the ribbon and pearls are from my ever-growing stash!! The image is colored with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils, as always. Here's a little "artsy" view...


OK "Sassy" lovers...it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous work by Sassy Jackie and the rest of Sassy Cheryl's DT! Then you'll want to pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find an amazing array of delightful digi images at Sassy Cheryl's HERE) and get busy making your own little project following this week's "Food" theme! And...remember to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's.!!

Thanks so much for visiting...and for your sweet comments that always make my day! Have a great week...mwahhhhhh!

23 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

How beautiful! Very sweet! : )

Dorcas said...

Soooooo cute, Pat! And I'm with you. Icecream is DEFINITLEY a food group!I just love what you do with Cheryl's images!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Please, let's not do the volcano thing! I've think you've had enough 'nature' for a while. . . .don't you think!?!?!?!
And YES, ice cream is a food group and it's my favorite late in the evening. How'd you know?!?!?!?
Love it Pat. . . .and of course, all the extra photos are just icing on the cake.

Ann English said...

Darling...still, I don't think this is a big footed image. Just in proportion! The snowmen, the baker, now those characters have some mighty big feet ( and we should, know!). Oh, and yes, ice cream is good for you- calcium, fat- oh, no, wait, fat... Oh, well, it is an oh, so necessary item guaranteed to keep you warmer when the cold sets in!
Hope the storm is gentle and that you get to enjoy this well deserved vacation! NO volcanoes! Enough is enough!

Dawn said...

DarnTootin it is!! how totally ADORABLE! so feminine and colored to perfection!! love it!!!

Sandy said...

You create the most fabulous card I have ever seen. Beautiful!!
Sandy

Linda said...

Ice Cream is definitely a food group, it comes right after the food group of DESSERTS!

Love the way you aligned the roses and use of the doily.

Debbie said...

Well Pat, all I can say is that this is stunning!!! Love the pinks, and the sky is so beautifully done it is breath taking.

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Stay away from Easter Island, Hawaii, Washington, Sicily, and any other place that has a volcano..got that...think you been through enough these last few days.

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Mmmmmm...ice cream! Your card is totally gorgeous, but I wouldn't expect anything less. Pat, please stay safe and try to enjoy your time in St. Maarten. Pictures for Show Me Thursday?? ~jeni :)

Christina C. said...

GASP!!!!!!!!!!! What a STUNNING CREATION....colored MAGNIFICENTLY. I am totally in awe of your coloring skills. The design and details are fabulous.
Enjoy your vacation...try to relax!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colouring..love this card it is amazing.

Luv CHRISSYxx

karen said...

oh my word, this is beautiful! what a great design, and your coloring always brings the images to life! and i could probably live on ice cream alone! its a staple at my house! have a great vacation!

Kelly Neis said...

I love the pink and the sassy ice cream girl, she is so cute. It is too bad you are getting hit again with bad weather, especially while on vacation. I hope you fair well and enjoy yourself anyway.

Candy said...

Oh Pat!!!
Your card is gorgeous!
You have really dressed this one up and I LOVE the DP.
Beautifully made.
Hugs, Candy

Cathy said...

Pat, so glad the storm bypassed you and you get to enjoy your vacation. Your card is gorgeous and so many beautiful elements and oh,my your coloring is gorgeous. To answer your question: Ice Cream is a food group in a class by itself. Neopoliteon fits all required obsessions in the ice cream dept. LOL

Maya said...

Ohh i so love your cards, Pat!
They are always so well worked, with gorgeous details and wonderful colors!
And your coloring is awesome :)
Glad to have you on SN team ♥
Hugs from Maya

Barb said...

She is definitely a cutie-patootie and makes me imagine what you looked like as a little girl! Awesome coloring and fantastic details! Big hugs heading your way --- even way out there!

jkreucher said...

HI Pat, what a silly question, is ice cream a good group..... YES!
Everything came together perfectly for this little treasure.
love all the beautiful elements to take in and admire..
Awesome creation once again!!
love everything!
hugs
Judy

Danielle said...

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so prrrrrrrrretty! with my french accent, it sounds grrrrrrrrreat! I love your card, pink, ice cream, the beautiful layout, this very cute image, so magnificiently colored. Fabulous.
Hugs.

Iulia said...

Oh, this is adorable Pat! Love your girly cards, always so sweet and perfectly put together!
Hugs, Iulia

creativchen said...

Dear Path,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Sarah said...

Hi Pat, what a beautiful card, the colours are just gorgeous and your colouring is wow! Am off to become a follower. Sounds like you are having an exciting holiday! It looks gorgeous from the pic. I have to admit I've never heard of the word 'chillaxin' let alone used it (but then I am a fair bit older than 13!). Sarah

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous job with this Sassy image, Pat! The shading you've accomplished with the Prismacolor pencils is fantastic.