Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My first "Book Box"...

Hi "Sassy" friends! Yep, it's Tuesday again...where do the days go?? Before we know it, it'll be 2012...arrgggh! But first I get to go on vacay...whoohoo!! Oops...I digress!! My head is in the sand these days...Carribbean sand! hehehe!! But before I start packing, it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Once again this week, the very fun and talented Sassy Judy is our hostess...and she'd like us all to make a ...

Candy wrapper, bag, or box!! 

So here's the deal, I generally make cards, not 3-D projects...so I was wracking my brain trying to decide what to make! Well, I finally visited my local craft store and picked up three ready-made boxes (hehehe) that I thought I could decorate. But then I decided it might be fun to make a "Book Box"...and that's exactly what I did!! (Fun...not so much! The "recipe" calls for glue...and I don't do glue!! Toooooo messy!...and sure enough, by the time I was done, I had glue all over my table and my fingers and shirt! LOL!)...and here's my finished product... (I think I cleaned up most of the run-away glue!)....


I chose my very FIRST  Sassy Cheryl digi image...she's called A Big Heart...and she's available from Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE. I just love her adorable little smile...and those big honkin' feet (they look like my own size 11 feet...hehehe)!! Here's a bit of a side view...you can kinda see the "pages" from this angle...


You can find the "Book Box" tutorial I used HERE. I used Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up) cardstock...and DPs are from The Paper Studio..."A Country Christmas" collection...which I distressed with a bit of Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy distress ink. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts...and ribbon is from my stash. That fun heart die is from Cheery Lynn Dies. I colored this little darlin' with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils...but lost track of the colors...I was blending colors like a maniac...and by the time I was done, there were seriously about a kabillion markers and pencils on my work table! But I have to admit...I sort of like the way the colors turned out. Here's a peek at the inside...I tossed in some delicious Dove candies...think I'll send this to my sister, Dee. (She's a peeker so she'll know it's coming in the mail as soon as she sees this post!!...and it does no good to tell her not to look because, you guessed it, she's a peeker! LOL!)


OK "Sassy" lovers...it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous work by Judy and the rest of Sassy Cheryl's DT! Then you'll want to pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find an amazing array of delightful digi images at Sassy Cheryl's HERE) and get busy making your own clever little candy wrapper, bag, or box! And...remember to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's.!!

Thanks so much for visiting...and for your kind comments that really make my day! Have a great week...Mwahhhhhh!

28 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Oh Pat that is gorgeous, I love the colours and the way you coloured the image perfectly to match!even the sweets co-ordinate lol

paola said...

love how you color co-ordinated everything, and what a fabulous job you did on this box card for all the complaining, it came out fabulous!
smiles
Paola

Shirley said...

Pat, this is absolutely scrumptious and I'm not just talking about the chocolates inside. Love the papers you chose. Lots of cleverness here.

Deeeee said...

I did not peek - my computer opened right up to the page. Oooh, I really think that will look great on my desk. Very coolio. Are you really gonna send the candy too - or dump it out and fill it with tissue paper??? Hmmmmm... I Love it !
Two days till vacation - whoo hoo...I don't know why you pack that swimming suit when ala-natural is allowed on the beach! Jeez, tan lines are so out ! ENJOY.

Dena said...

Wowza Pat! Your book card turned out FABULOUS!!! Geez, now another project I need to try haha! I don't know how you color like that, but I just LOVE it. It looks a bit like distress inks, which I really like! So much depth!!! Gorgeous project!
Have fun in the Caribbean, we were there in June and it is just always so pretty and relaxing!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn said...

OMGoodness! Certainly A LOT of work, but soooo worth it! It turned out fabulous!!!
My glue of choice... Zip Dry by Beacon, great stuff if you get it somewhere it shouldn't be, you can rub it right off!
You rocked this challenge for sure!

Ann English said...

Wowzers! This is incredible! I love your colors and coloring-all gazillion or was it bazillion on them and her nearly red shoes (tee he). By the way, these shoes aren't super sized though Cheryl does tend to favor big ol' shoes! Me too, as only the seriously big/long ones fit my gynormous feet!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I'm SO JEALOUS, but since your project is SO INCREDIBLE I'll forgive you. :)
Perfect way to hide candies from people. Sneaky!

Dorcas said...

This is awesome Pat!! I may need one of these on my craft table but I'm not sure if it will hold my king size mallow cups. lol

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, honey bunny! I'm speechless, this box is absolutely stunning! I'm not usually an orange kind of gal, but you've used it so beautifully that I might go out and find some and start using it! So for all the fiddling and fussing and the glue issues, your book box turned out beautifully! If you can do it, then maybe I can do it!
Big Hugs,
Barb

fairysparkle said...

Pat you have excelled yourself with this its beyond gorgeous ,i love love love it (can you tell i really like it )xx

fairysparkle said...

ps Pat the corner embellie that you commented on my blog about was covered with Ranger glossy accents ,hope that helps ps underneath which does not show up that well is some stickles it really shines and twinkles x

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Totally gorgeous Pat!! I am hooked on these little books. Fabulous coloring on this cutie too. ~jeni :)

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours, just love the book box Pat. Love the image and colouring, really fabulous...great job.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Loreal Blondi said...

So sweet colours and lovely image on your box!
... not to mention the sweets... :)

Janette said...

Wow Pat this is stunning, so gorgeous, love the colours too...yummy.xx

Jenée said...

Totally lovely project. So glad you found the tut for the box. You are going to enjoy Sassy Cheryl -- I have several and find them delightful to work with. Enjoy the sun and sand, girl! Then come back all inspired to share more eye candy such as this one.

Cheryl said...

So gorgeous Pat, you have done such an excellent job with this, everything is perfect, I went and had a look at the tutorial and even bookmarked the page, just don't know if I am game enough to try it. Thanks so much for sharing yours.
Hugs Cheryl

Barb said...

Pat, this is absolutely astounding! Sensational coloring, amazing box design. Beautiful colors! All of your projects are treasures! Big hugs!

Cathy said...

Oh GF, you have really outdone yourself on this project. Is there a template you could share? I love it!!! The coloring on the image is gorgeous as always and I love the dp and all the embellishments you chose. Have a wonderful time on your Caribbean vacation!!!

Cathy said...

Never mind, I really did read the post just missed the tutorial part embarrased face inserted here :)

Sandy said...

You did a gorgeous job with this Pat - absolutely gorgeous - what a wonderful treat to give someone.
XO Sandy

Betsy said...

SOOOOOOOOOO pretty! Your coloring is gorgeous, and I love the papers you've used! Wish I was your lucky sister to be receiving this creation!!!

PepPop said...

Fantastic!! Love the book box and lucky sis :) Jaqui x

Candy said...

I love it so much!!
Fantastic work, Pat :o)
Hugs,

jkreucher said...

Ok! now this is a box that I haven't made! I am going to have to try this one for sure. I LOVE coming up with new ideas to give our fave, must have sweets... mostly CHOCOLATE!! hee hee.
Your creativity is always stunning.
Anyone would love to get this work of art.. ok.... I promise when you send it to me, I won't look for smudges of glue:):):):):):)
haha.. gotya..
hugs
Judy

Linda said...

Your Peeky Sister is sure to love this one. It really does resemble a book. Have fun Carribbean style!

Iulia said...

Wow, I've nearly missed this! Glad I haven't because your first book card turned out magnificently! Love the colors and your coloring ...WOW...just too impressive!!! Great idea to fill it with candies, seemingly you really want us to get fat; cause this is the second post inciting to get chocolate and I definitely have to head towards the kitchen now:)
Oh, just remembered, I never use glue, well except for the embellies; I noticed double-adhesive tape works a lot better; even the best glues tend to bend the cardstocks in time.
Love this hun, great work!
Iulia