Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Edwin...clean and simple?

Whoohooo!! It's the fourth Tuesday of September!! And, in case you've forgotten,  that means it's time for another fabulous Inspiration Challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! Once again, the very sweet and crazy-talented Tracy is our hostess...and she's chosen this perfectly "spooktacular" photo for inspiration...

  
OK...here's the deal...I've seen so many stunning "clean and simple" cards lately. Well, I had it in my mind that I was going to make a "clean and simple" Magnolia card!! So I pulled out my Magnolia "Halloween" Stamp collection and selected three of the "spookiest" stamps for my card. What'cha think??

 

I used Dracula EdwinBat, and Boo Background. Let me tell ya, you can find  sooooo many adorable Magnolia stamps and accessories - including the ever popular "Magnolia Minis" - at Diana Crick's Magnolia-licious online store, MY fave store for all things Magnolia!! Here's sort of a side view...


Seriously...my plan was "clean and simple"...but then the card took on a life of its own and I was simply POWERLESS over all those delicious embellies!! Well...some people think "less is more"...I, on the other hand, must believe that "more is more"!! I have to admit...I really like the way this card turned out!


I actually made this card for our 7 year-old grandson, Brody. I think he'll like it! Come to think of it...the Halloween card I made last year for Brody featured Dracula Edwin too!! I wonder if his dad (my eldest son, Andy) saved that one? I'll have to ask him next time we talk. And...the answer better be "Of course, mom...I save each and every one of your cards...they're works of art!!!" hehehehe! 


That little thingie in the top is actually a pocket for $$$! Very handy, huh?

My card "Recipe" is pretty uncomplicated...
  • Copics & Prismacolor pencils
  • Stampin' Up Cardstock (Black, Tangerine Tango, & Concord Crush)
  • DPs, ribbon, brads, charm, and miscellaneous embellies (all from my "Halloween" stash)
  • Sentiment stamp (from Just-Rite Stamps)

And, last but not least, here's an "artsy fartsy" view...




Now, my Maggie-lovin' friends, it's time for you to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Tracy and the rest of my talented DT sistahs have created for inspiration. Then...we'd LOVE for you to join in the fun by making and entering your own paper creation into this month's Magnolia-licious Photo Inspiration Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random, of course) will win a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Maybe that lucky person will be YOU!!!

Oh...I almost forgot...I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
And...that's it for me!! Thanks so much for stopping by...and for leaving such kind comments! Now...let the craftin' begin!! Great big "Maggie" hugsssssssssss!