Monday, September 26, 2011

My FIRST Sugar Nellie DT post!

Hey sweet friends! Welcome to the Land of Sugar! No, not because I'm so sweeeeet (although I am pretty sweet, that's true!), but because today is my very FIRST post as a Designer on Sugar Nellie's Blog!! Whoohooo!! Can ya tell...I'm a little excited?!!  (And just a bit nervous to be joining the ranks of such an amaaaazing team of talented and fun ladies!!) Soooo...for my "debut" card, I decided to ink up a new stamp called "Posy Pip" (you are soooo gonna love her!!)...


"Posy" is one of the newest "Sherbet Pips"...from the Home Grown Collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find Posy and her friends (along with all kinds of Sugar Nellie deliciousness) at Funky Kits. I decided to showcase this little darlin' with one of my fave "twisted easel" style cards. You can find a great "Twisted Easel Card" tutorial by the very creative Pam Sparks HERE.


Now...I have to admit...I know less than NOTHING about flowers (except I know what a rose looks like!)...so...is Posy Pip here is supposed to be holding a potted posy? Well...not today!! Today, little Miss Posy is holding a potted SUNFLOWER!! Yep...we call that "artistic license" where I come from! hehehehe!! And since I made the flower a sunflower, I was able to use some fun Flower Soft (I believe the color is called "Nut Brown") in the center!! Kinda cute, huh? Ya can't do THAT with a posy, now, can ya? Oh, wait...maybe you can...beats me! I don't know a thing about flowers, rememba?! ROTFL! (I crack myself up!) Here's one more photo...this one is a wee bit of an "artsy" angle...


Here's my card "recipe"... 
  • Copics & Prismacolor pencils (I used so many, I lost track...sorry)
  • Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, & Not Quite Navy Cardstock from Stampin' Up
  • DPs & Baja Breeze seam binding (SU)
  • Sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps
  • Pearls are from my every growing "stash"
  • Lace and those delicious flowers (they're roses...see, I know the names of some flowers!) are from Wild Orchids Crafts...
Oh...and those faaaaabulous dies are made by Memory Box...and you can find them (plus a whole lot of other fabulous crafting goodies) at Stampassion HERE. (Tell Melissa I said "hi"!)

Soooo...I've decided to enter this little card in a few challenges...
Anything Goes Challenge #50
CLP Challenge #40 (Sketch)
Simon Says Stamp (Use Dies and/or Punches)

Okey dokey...that's it for me, my lovelies. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit...and for your kind comments that always make me smile! Hugsssss...until next time....

27 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Oh Pat, yet another stamp to add to my already long birthday hint list!! Great card and I too love those Memory Box dies (yep they're on the list too)
Hugs
Jane

Chrissy said...

This is so gorgeous Pat, I love the colours and gorgeous image...my wish list just grew some more...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Erika said...

Beautiful card Pat and well deserved place on the DT.
Hugs Erika. x

Janette said...

wow Pat this is stunning, I love it and those dies are amazing...so pretty.xx

Dena said...

Who knows what kind of flower that is Pat, but I would have made it a sunflower too! The fun flock in center is too fun! Gorgeous card and your creative license served you well! haha!
Congrats on being on the SN team! Of course, who wouldn't want you on their team? Your work is awesome!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Sheri said...

Love your blog and this little girl is adorable! You can't have too many little cute girls in your collection!

Sharon said...

Oh wow Pat... congrats on your new DT post, I am not surprised that you were chosen...well done. A gorgeous creation for your first DT card. Love it, hugs Sharon x

Danielle said...

Hello Pat!!!!!!! OH!my Sweetness! this is darling. image, layout and all the fabulous details. I just love the tender shaes of brown and blue, and what about those fantastic diecuts, OH! la la.. Your image is colored beautifully, and I can understand that you enjoyed so much working with this little sweetheart. Totally gorgeous! have a beautiful day.

Barb Hardeman said...

Pat, Pat, Pat!!! This card is just pure sweetness all in one beautiful place. I love medallions you've used behind the image - how totally gorgeous. Your coloring is fabulous, but then I've come to expect nothing less. Congrats on this new DT position - you're off to a fabulous start. Hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs, Barb

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card, lovely colour combi and great colouring of this super cute image!
hugs, Marlies

Debbie said...

Well hello my sweetness you crack me up as well, just to let you know. I love this Pip and let's just say since sunflowers are my favorite flower I knew it was a sunflower as soon as I saw it and that's the prettiest sunflower I've ever seen..yes sirree . And I love that die cut, you know I'll be checking out that site later. It really adds so much..

congratulations on joining such an awesome team, they are very lucky to to have such talent on their team.

Hugs
Debbie

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Congratulations Pat, they are very lucky to have you. Your easel card is gorgeous! I just love all the details you have put into it and your coloring is beautiful. ~jeni :)

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific colours & I love the way those delicate die-cuts pick up the delicate swirl pattern of the paper behind. Her hair is great the way you have coloured it & I really like your use of the fluffy (Flower Soft??) for the centre. The pearl in her ribbon really picks up on the seam binding you used too & that tag for the sentiment & easel prop is great. Thanks for all the info - & I love that artsy shot.
Paula (PEP)

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo that is just beautiful Pat, you have done them proud! Kim

Elaine said...

Stunning Pat.
A beautiful image and perfectly coloured as always.
I love these papers (still hoarding mine just in case...) and all the pretty embellies.

Love Elaine xxx

Dorcas said...

Such a lovely card Pat and I'm with you, that sure looks like a sunflower to me! Any excuse to use flower soft! I haven't bought any yet cos you know what would happen if I did....need I whisper.... bearded lady??

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is beautiful! Your work will be an asset to the team. Your card is lovely!

Sandy said...

Pat this card is beautiful - how can I say it is your best yet because all your cards are the best. I think you are amazingly talented and all your cards are a work of art. Congratulations on all your honors!
PS -why does it take so long for me to get your blog in my inbox -- oh woe is me - I am always the lst to know!
Sandy

Sandy said...

That word up there is supposed to be last not first!!!!!!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wowzers!! Amazing card!! So, so pretty!! Fabulous image too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Shazza said...

fabulous card Pat x

inkypinkycraft said...

This is a lovely card, which has my kind of colours in . Lovely trace x

Sharon said...

Hi Pat, back again in my official DT post to say how beautiful your card is and to thank you for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hugs Sharon xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Big Huge congratulations on your first Sugar Nellie post! Your card is gorgeous. I love this stamp and she is colored in beautifully. Thank you for joining us at CLP for this months sketch challenge.
Hugs Bonnie

Eulanda said...

OH Pat you've done a fabulous job of your first card with Sugar Nellie. Congratulations on your new spot there. I love your card. Great coloring, the dies are fabulous and great embellie's altogether. Oh and thanks for joining us this month at CLP! Hope to see you back!

Iulia said...

What a beauty! These Sugar Nellie babes must be a joy to work with! You are truly talented my friend, as I told you before, it's them you honor with your presence:)
Have a great week hun!
Iulia

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh - congratulations, Pat! Well done on your DT post. It is so well deserved! Sorry I've not been for a visit recently. I'm trying to catch up and this little sweetie is a real beauty! Hugs, Lesley