Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Spring has sprung..."

Well...not quite yet. BUT, we're getting ever so close!! Soooo, in honor of the changing season, this fortnight's challenge at the Sugar Bowl - chosen by our very own uber talented fellow DT Sweetie, Erika - is...drum roll please....... SPRING!
Plus...she's given us this awesome sketch to follow....

Well...my biggest chllenge was deciding on which of my fabby Sugar Nellie images to use. Now, I've already mentioned how much I love Krista Smith's artwork...her Simply Sassy images are just so stinkin' cute!! So I selected "Bad HARE Day" (hehehe) available HERE at Funky Kits.

These little darlins are just so much fun to color! And they truly make the most adorable cards & projects!! So...without further ado...here's my little creation...

And a closer view...

Here are a couple of side views...

Here's a peek at the inside...

And, of course...


Here's my little card "recipe"...
Cardtock: Barely Banana & Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Prima "Botanical"
Embellies on front: Recollections "Boutique Fleur" (Local craft store)
Fence die: Magnolia
Pearls & swirlds: ZVA Creatives
Nestabilities & Sizzix dies (inside)
Sentiment: "Hello You" (Stampin' Up)

OK...so now, head on over to the Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the DT Sweeties have come up with...then pull out one (or more) of your fave Sugar Nellie images and create your own little Spring project for this fortnight's challenge!!

Thanks so much, sweet friends, for stopping by to see what I've been up to. And extra super duper hugs for all of you who take time out of your busy lives to leave me such sweet comments! Until next time....

14 comments:

Mo said...

OMG Pat, your card is just gorgeous...!!!
Hugs,
Mo

sharingthepassion said...

Oh my word Pat this is just delish!!!! A stunning creation indeed. Loveing the pastel colours and i adore that Sassy too.

Have a fab day

Ali x

Marianne said...

Hi Pat, when I see in the morning that you there is a new post of you, I run to my computer to have a look. I always love your way of writing about your new project and above that I Love your cards. Your style, your coloring. Let's talk about this one. The image gave me the feeling: I want her, I want her.. but it is not a digi.
Your blue paper with the flowers, I want them too!! So sweet and cute and I love pastels.
Al that said: I hope you find more time to craft, that makes a lot of people happy. haha.
Hugs Marianne

Uschi said...

Ganz großartige Karte! Tolle Coloration und hervorragende Blumen! Gefällt mir sehr!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

PepPop said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pastel colours and your pearls... WOW! Jaqui x

Erika said...

Stunning card as always Pat. Love your colour scheme, the little picket fence is adorable, and the flowers, swoon, swoon. Then to the inside....wow. Love it.
Happy crafting, Erika x.

Lisa Lynn said...

This card is simply gorgeous. Your image is beautiful and it works so well with the paper. All I can say is "WOW".

Elaine said...

Stunning Pat..stunning!
I love the image, and those papers are so yummy (I'm going to have to find me some of those papers now!)
The colours are gorgeous and perfect for Spring.
I do also adore those flowers, so pretty.
Oh no...now I NEED one of those picket fence dies too! You are leading me astray ha!

Love & hugs
Elaine xx

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, fab image and beautiful colours!
Helen x

Sandy said...

Hello you - I am not sure about the girl but I sure do love the wabbit. Love the fence, love the pearls and love the design with your flowers . How did you ever come up with doing the pearls like that - you are one heck of a design wizard. So what cha having for dinner tonight? Thinking of you - boo hoo.
Sandy

Lilian said...

Gorgeous card as always Pat - love the insides too :) You are so fabulous with the pears and embellishments :) Have a wonderful weekend!

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card Pat and adorable Sugar Nellie, how do you make those flowers? Hugs Hazel xx

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just breath taking. I so love it dear and that die is so cute. Those flowers are just breath taking dear. I do hope you are doing well and so sorry for my lack of blogging. You know how work gets in the way. lol

Fluffles said...

Brilliant card, love those soft colours & fabby flowers. Jx