Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let's hear it for the boys!

Guess what? It's Thursday again!! I'm tellin' ya, I love, love, LOVE Thursdays...because it means a new challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog!! Whooohooo...so...let's get down to havin' some serious craftin' fun, ok? I'm thrilled to be your hostess once again this week (geez, it's a good thing my "hostess duties" don't include serving hors d'ouvres...otherwise you'd be getting crackers and some of that squirty cheese from a can!) But, I digress...

If you've spent any time browsing my bloggity blog, you've probably noticed that I love making frilly girl cards. It's true...I confess! Well, this week I decided we should give the guys some "air time" too...so our theme is...ta daaaaaa....
"Let's hear it for the boys!"

So, without further ado...here's my little card! I used this Mo Manning cutie patootie named "Harvard". Now don't tell my hubby that I said this, but little Harvard kinda reminds me of him...with those khakis & vest & coke-bottle specs. LOL!! And I think he's just adorable! Notice that I did give him a green vest...in honor of St. Paddy's Day!!

Here's a closer look at little Harvard...

He's really a handsome little fella, isn't he? And I bet he has to wear glasses because he always has his cute little nose in a book! In fact, I bet he goes to Barnes & Noble every single chance he gets...for a Venti Breve Latte and a toasted bagel with 2 pats of butter!! And the chance to read books for freeeeee! hehehe!!

I used Copic Sketch Markers & some fun DPs from October Afternoon called "Schoolhouse"...the sentiment is from StampingBella...the charm is from my stash...and if you look closely, you'll see that Harvard's glasses have Glossy Accents...to give them "coke bottle" lenses!

And finally, a peek at the inside...

You know what comes next, right? You pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and feast your eyes on some of the cutest boy cards ever...courtesy of my sweet and uber talented Design Teamies. You'll see big boys and little boys and in-between boys! All adorable...and all such fun!!

And now it's your turn...please remember that you MUST use at least one Mo Manning image...and there are about a kabillion to choose from at Mo's online store HERE...and come up with your own "For the Boys" masterpiece!!

Thanks so much sweet friends for stopping by...and for always leaving such kind and encouraging comments. They really mean so much to me!! Until next time....

23 comments:

Marianne said...

What a cute little fellow this is.
You made such an adorable card. And your paper inside, I recognize
that so much as a teacher. I will use that for one of my cards for my schoolkids.
So thanks for the idea.
Hugs Marianne

Dorcas said...

Pat. Pat. Pat. I saw this over on the DT's yahoo and thought OMGoodness she's done it again. This is FABULOUS! I really really llove it. You outdo yourself with every creation. :-)Wonderful card!

Christina C. said...

What a totally awesome boy's card, Pat!!!! Love the image....you showcased this handsome lad perfectly!

Tracy V. said...

Oh Pat I love this!!! It's simply adorable! Awesome DP's too!!
Tracy V

Gina L said...

Absolutely adorable. The papers go perfectly with this cute little guy!

Sandy said...

Boy is Gil ever cute - no wonder you fell head over heals. Now tell me, does he look like his Mother or his Dad? Curious minds want to know. WE had better get Gil some "Tame All" for his hair. How in the world do you come up with all these detail ideas? I keep on telling you - you a designing wizard. Pat - you are so darn good - you can make any kind of card - you really don't have a signature card. Your coloring is perfection - If I didn't love you so much I would dislike you intently. Wonderful card Pat!!!!
XO Sandy

Dee said...

Awwww - that is a sweet boy card - but he needs a goatee....

PepPop said...

Awww Pat he's such a cutey pie. Love your card and the inside is perfect. Jaqui x

Debbie said...

Oh Pat, I just love your creativity... This is gorgeous..or should I sat handsome since it is for a boy...Harvard is such a dapper dude nice touch giving him a green vest for St. Patties Day!!!

All is well in NYC. Beautiful day we are having...hope it stays warm so I can take a walk on the boardwalk when i get home from work...

Hugs
Debbie

Molecraft said...

Fabulous image and love the layout, it suits him perfectly!
Helen x

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Pat!! I saw this cute little guy over at Mo's this past weekend and snatched him up! I'm so excited to see him all colored up with your amazing talent!! Your papers are perfect and I adore your layout! Perfectly embellished as well! I so love your work! And I've already entered the challenge! How did I luck out with that one??!! LOL!
hugs, Sharon

Rosie said...

Adorable Pat! I definitely love to see more boy cards and this one is exceptional. The embellishments all work perfectly together with this image. Hugs, Rosemary

Candy said...

Pat!
Your card is wonderful!!!
Love this little guy and have wanted to colour him up for some time now :o)
Fantastic job. Great decorating for a boy! Love the charm and the inside!
Hugs, Candy

Tanya R said...

WOW Pat, this is full of wonderfulness!
Hugs
Tanya

mustavcoffee said...

Hello there, WOW your card is fabulous, I love the way the whole card looks like it's from school:0) Brilliant colouring as well. Thank you for visiting and your kind comments:0) xxx

Kelly Neis said...

pat, I love the card and his colors are perfect with the DP. I have a no boy rule on my blog but after all I may need to squeeze 1 in eventually.
I think you hit it well on this guy and his glasses, love the hair and your layout with the papers, the whole thing is so cute.

Dawn Knapp said...

Hi Pat. LOVE this card! You are so dang talented!! I'm just a copic beginner and posted something I colored on my blog. I would love for you to check it out and get some tips (you being a pro and all!) Thanks!

Card Crazy said...

Pat, what an utterly fantastic card! You got it so right, I need to thank you. I have a very precocious, intelligent, talented (IMO) nephew turning 11 this fall and you've inspired me. Sorry, Edwin's too childish but Mo has lots of boys that are just perfect! and to top it off, the little girl on the What's Cookin' stamp looks just like my 5 yr old niece.
Sorry for long comment :(
Sue S.

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just stunning, love everything about it, gorgeous work hugs pops x x x

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is so adorable. These are the types of kids that excel. This is my favorite paper. You did an amazing job. Love him. Thanks for hosting.

Cathy said...

Pat, what a wonderful boy image you used, one of my favorite young boy images...Love your coloring and your layout and design are always awesome!!! Thanks for another wonderful challenge :)

Iulia said...

Great card, Pat! Perfect for a boy with colors and papers and all!Thanks for the inspiration! I might have to come one day and "borrow" (=steal) your entire card! Looks "too perfect" and no need to rack my brains anymore:))
Hugs

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card, inside and out! I love all the school-themed elements.