Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just fabulous, dahhhhhlin'!

Hello dahhhhlin' friends...happy Spring! It's true...we've made it through another winter...and the weather in Richmond, VA has been just fabulous, dahhhhlin'!! Well...a little rain here and there...but you know what they say..."April showers bring May flowers"! (I know it's not April yet...but we're sooooooo close that I think it still counts! LOL!)

So...it's Thursday and it's time for another fun challenge at the Sugar Bowl! Our very own, uber talented DT Sweetie "sistah", Kiki, is our hostess...and she's come up with this awesome sketch with an optional theme of "Pink"! Seriously?? Pink?? How easy and perfect is that?! I'm lovin' it! Thanks Kiki...you rock, babe!!


Now, I decided that I'd turn the sketch on it's side...and use one of my absolute favorite Simply Sassy images called "Fabulous Darling". These images are created by the exceptionally cute and talented artist, Krista Smith, and are all available exlusively at Funky Kits.

I used this fun lipstick paper from Magnolia...and decided that I just had to use this adorable sentiment from C.C. designs. Sooooo, that meant another twisted easel card! Whoo hoo! I love making these...they're such fun...and the end result is so unique, don'tcha think?!

Here's the "recipe" for my little card...
Cardstock: White with Pretty in Pink inked edges (Stampin' Up)
Pearl & lace embellishment: from Recollections "Boutique Fleur" collection
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: my stash
Oh...and some Glossy Accents on this Sassy Lady's shoes
And here's a photo of the Copics I used to color this little cutie patootie!

OK...it's your turn to come up with your own little paper masterpiece for this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge. No...wait! First, you absolutely MUST check out the gorgeous projects created by my DT Sister Sweeties for inspiration...OK, NOW you can start your craftin'! Remember, to qualify for the fab prize, you MUST use at least ONE Sugar Nellie image...and, let me tell ya, there are oooodles to choose from at Funky Kits...so check 'em out! It's true...so many awesome Sugar Nellie images...and just so little time!! Oh...and you might want to try something new for a change...like, for instance, I'm in the process of coloring one of Leanne Ellis' gorgeous images...my first. So, you'll see that on my blog soon!

Thanks so much dahhhhlin' friends for stopping by for a visit...and for your sweet comments that always make me smile! Until next time....