Thursday, April 8, 2010

You're in my thoughts...





Hello everyone. I hope you're having a great week. Springy here...warm with a very light breeze. Perfect day for opening the windows...unless you're allergic to that yellow dusty pollen that seems to be covering everything outside!! hehehe...good thing I have a full supply of allergy meds!! So...I decided to do a little multi-tasking today...I made a card while doing laundry!! That's about as good as I get with multi-tasking...oh, I probably could have chewed a piece of gum at the same time, but that's stretching it!! Anyway...this little girl is a Bildmalarna stamp called Mimosa's Book (she's available at StampingScrapping.Com). I used Stampin-Up (SU) cardstock (So Saffron, Sage Shadow, and Pale Plum. The DP is from SU too. I used a M. Stewart punch for the edging; and distressed some of the edges on the card w/my Tim Holtz distressing tool...love this! The little rose is a Prima...and the purple "pearls" are from my stash. The sentiment inside is from SU "Whimsical Words...stamped w/Perfect plum ink. I colored this little image w/Copics as follows:

Face, arms, legs, feet: E13, 11, 00...and R21 for her cheeks
Hair: E35, YR21 & 20 (I got this color combo idea from S. Dean...love it!)
Dress: RV 99, 95, 93
Grass: G28, 24, 20
Book: E27 (cover), and C2 & 00 for pages
Shading around image was done w/C1.

I hope you enjoyed your visit....thanks so much for stopping by! I may have to ink up one of my new Maggies next! Have a beautiful evening! Pat

5 comments:

ShirleyTACS said...

Pat, I love the card. The way you have the image colored and mounted really makes it stand out. This is one of my favorite of Mo's images. I can identify with her, I guess. In my mind's eye, anyway.

Peggie said...

Oh isn't this cute. Love the layout and the colors.

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely coloring and an adorable card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kris said...

Hey girl,

LOVE the cards, how was your trip to see the kids? Dumb question, but do you sell these cards or are they just for us to look at..lol? Winter in MT yet, a blizzard went throught this afternoon for a couple of hours...more snow.

sandy said...

I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL - SHE IS SOOO CUTE! I ADORE THE COLORS YOU USED AND WOW - WHAT A NICE COLORING JOB YOU DID,

SANDY