Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fun in the Sun...





Happy Tuesday, everyone. I hope you're having a beautiful week. I have been racing around trying to catch up on my life...I've been on a year-long vacation and have just been offered a very cool job...which I accepted. So, I have to start weaning myself off those afternoon naps...and start going to bed at a reasonable time!! I'm pretty excited! My crafting and cardmaking will have to happen in the evenings and weekends...but just think, more $$$ for crafting supplies!! hahaha!

OK...so here's a little card that I put together yesterday when I was thinking about our vacations to St. Maarten where the water is such a clear turquoise blue! Can't wait to go back!! This card was a real stretch for me...I tried masking (which is such fun) to position the fence behind Tilda...and I added a second image (the cute little sun) to the front...and then inside, I attached another image. If you look closely at the front, you'll see Tilda is holding a yellow flip-flop in her hand. (That was my sweet hubby's idea!) So...here's the recipe:

Cardstock: Blush Blossom & Creamy Caramel (from Stampin-Up)
DP: DCWV Travel Stack
Sky & edging: Bashful Blue ink from SU
Prima flower & rickrack from Craft Essentials
Sentiment: Stampendous
Copics as follows:
Face/skin: E13, 11, 00, & R21 for cheeks
Hair: E25, 99, 33, & YR20
Dress: YG17, 13, 11, & N1 (over green to darken slightly); R35, 32, 30, RV 29 & 04 (for lower part of dress and hat)
Shadow: W2 & W0
Water: BG75, 72, 15, 13, & 10
Sun: YR02, 19, 20, 23, R20, R00 & R32 for cheeks...and some stickles for sparkle
Swimsuit on interior Tilda: R24, 22, & 20

*All images were popped up on dimensionals.

I hope you enjoy this little card. Have a beautiful day, wherever you are...and thanks so much for visitng my blog! And don't forget, I love, love, looooooove it when you leave comments! Pat

20 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your card and it is beautifully colored! Awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kathy said...

THis is such gorgeous card Pat! WOW I love the colors that you have used and the layout is fabulous!!!! It really is a beautiful card ~ lovely job!!!
:)Kathy

paola said...

This is real sweet, did you brayer that sky behind your verse? Beautiful!
smiles
Paola

charlene aka scrappygma said...

What a cute little card ! Congrats on the new job ! Yep we can always use more craft $$$
Hugs

Dena said...

This is soooo adorable! I love the combination of things you used here!!!
Hugs, Dena

sandy said...

Another good card my friend -- I don't think you qualify as a newbie

Sandy D --

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome! What a beautiful job you did conveying the idea of the Caribbean on this card! I love it - all the layers on the front with that sweet Tilda and the cute Tilda on the inside with her feet dipped in the water! Love, love, love it!
hugs...Barb

Mom said...

Living in Oregon makes this littlw sweetie bring much needed sunshine to my day. Thanks you, Kay W

Nancy said...

Ohhh my Pat...this is so stinkin caute!!! I really love the whole design and that she's holding her flip flops (charm)...how creative your are girl!!! Awesom card!!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Aletha J. Williams said...

This is so cute! And gorgeous! You have just the right combination of everything!
Aletha

Cami said...

Wonderful summer-y card! Love your colors and coloring, and the layout! Hugs, Cami

Linda S. said...

Hello, Just wanted to say how much I like this card. Very cute idea on the front, and on the inside. I did not realize these two Tilda's worked together so well. Speaking of working, congratulations on your new position. How lucky you are when jobs come to you, and you can get everything worked out in order to accept. Your hubby's idea of the little flip-flop is just precious. Perfect fit in size of scale. Linda S. in NE

Peggie said...

Such a dreamy card. Love that she is holding a flipflop. Just an all around pretty card.

Myrna said...

Very cool card! Love the turquoise color with your hot pink dress. Great job with your coloring on both of your images.

Karen W said...

So cute, makes me want to go to the beach!

Only By His Grace Papercrafting said...

So cute Pat.
i love how you have displayed Tilda and the lovely scene behind her. The inside is as nice as the outside.
Hugs marion

Eve said...

I really like this card! Can i have it, Pat?? LOL I lived in tropical islands for last 11 years so i luv Summer/beach cards, but this is esp. nicely done! I luv the color coordination, and i also luv the paper used, for sunset scene. i miss Palm trees soooo much...inside of the card is also nicely done! thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Love your card, you have coloured it beautifully. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Cissy said...

So pretty!!!! You did a wonderful job on this!!!

~Cissy

Shelley said...

This is lovely Pat. You have put so much into this card.Great colouring. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/