Friday, April 2, 2010

An apron full of eggs...





Happy April Fool's Day everyone!! It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Richmond, VA. Sunny and warm...mid-70's I would guess. I received a big order of Maggies today...oh my, it's Christmas in April!! Alas...I needed to hold off inking up my new images, though. Still had Easter cards to finish! So, here's little Tilda with an apron full of eggs...they're hard-boiled, of course, and colored w/sparkly egg dye. (That's "Magnolia Code" for Copics & Stickles!). I decided to use up some of my scraps of designer paper...so I made a little woven mat...for both the cover as well as the inside of the card. (Cardstock is Stampin-Up...So Saffron.) Then I used my trusty Nestabilities and cut out ovals for Tilda to tuck herself into. Embellishments include Prima roses, pearls, and the interior flower was made with my new Nellie Snellen punches. Oh...if you look closely at the front of the card, you'll see lace-edged white cardstock under the DP mat (I used a MS lace punch for that). Finally, the copics I used are as follows:

Skin: E13, 11, 00, & R20 (I'm going a little darker w/skin tones these days)
Hair: YR 21, 20, & E35
Anklets: C2 & 1
Dress & shoes: RV29, 13, 10, & 00 (I glazed the shoes to make them shiney)
Eggs: BV13, 02, 0000; Y13 & 11; B24 & 21; G24 & 20; and YR07 & 02.

I also sprayed the purple roses with Baby's Breath Shimmerz spray...although I can't really appreciate the shimmer unless I look really, really close(despite having really shaken the bottle)....

So...I hope you enjoy this little Tilda...and, as always, I soooooooo appreciate all of your kind and encouraging comments!! Am off to watch a new season of Bones now...that Sealy Booth is just too hot!! Catcha later, folks...Pat

19 comments:

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

I love this card, love your coloring too...I am going to case your combinations! Thanks for sharing,

Anary said...

So colorful and happy!
Beautifully done.
Anary

Peggie said...

Great idea to weave the paper into a background. Tilda is lovely.

Christina C. said...

How totally adorable!! You did a fabulous job on this cutie. Love it!

Lisette said...

I love the weaved paper. The colors are so soft. Very Pretty!

Myrna said...

Very cool weaved paper background and great Easter colors. Great job on your coloring and card.

Eulanda said...

Wow how cute are your easter cards?! I really like your mat that you made. How smart!!

Kathy said...

Pat! What a great card. Love everything about it - woven background, beautiful flowers, perfect coloring. Just gorgeous!!
Kathy Gerace

charlene aka scrappygma said...

Pat your card is oh so cute ! I love the colors and your coloring is great !
Hugs

Maureen said...

Love it Pat! The weaving is a wonderful idea; what a great colourful background it creates! So pretty!

Diana Crick said...

I love your quilted and embossed creation...CardART for sure. Beautiful colouring!
hugs, Diana

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is stunning Pat--wonderful job! I love the layout, flowers and your coloring looks awesome!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

Pat gorgeous card! Love the mat that you created! Tilda is adorable and colored beautifully! Love the flowers.
Hugs,
Nancy

Pam said...

Pat,
This Easter card is a delight! I really loved your Tilda coloring, and the woven paper strips!
Have a blessed Easter!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Gina L said...

Adorable! I love the paper weaving and pearls. Gina L

Pen to Paper said...

Pat, another gorgeous card! This is so beautiful!

XOXO

Jackie

Robin said...

Beautiful card!!! So many wonderful little touches to it!!!

Cami said...

I love your cheerful, colorful Easter card! Your coloring is fab! Hugs, Cami

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the layout and fun colors.
Hugs, Christine