Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Welcome to Lillie Ann!!

Hehehe!! So . . . here's the deal . . . this card is for my sister, Dee (so if you're reading this, Dee, STOP!!) I know she'll read it anyway, even if I tell her NOT to look at my blog! hahaha! She's such a . . . what's the word . . . PEEKER!! LOL! OK . . . so, this is a card that I made purely for fun and especially for my little sister. Why? Because she's getting a new puppy! And I thought this would be a cute image to color for her card . . .
Her new puppy is named "Lillie Ann" and is a little (and by little, I mean THREE POUNDS little!) Maltese puppy! I've seen photos and she's as darling as can be! So I thought this sweet Tilda holding a white puppy would be perfect! Here's a close-up . . .
I've been working on learning to paint with Distress Inks . . . and, while I know the Copic colors I prefer for hair, skin, etc., I'm on a bit of a learning curve with the new medium. PLUS . . . the colors seem to vary slightly depending on whether I'm using Distress Ink pads, re-inkers, or markers. Weird, huh? Here's a bit of a side-angle . . .
 My Card Recipe:
Image inked with Archival "Coffee" onto 140# cold-press Arches Watercolor paper
Pretty in Pink Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: Puppy Love Too
Dies: Magnolia
Charm, pearls, corners, & pink trim: My stash
White seam binding: The Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts


Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
Tea Dye & Tattered Rose (skin)
Victorian Velvet, Lipstick, & Tattered Rose (cheeks)
Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, & Walnut (hair, shoes, basket)
Victorian Velvet & Aged Mahogany (pinks)
Weathered Wood (blues and shadow)
Pumice stone (puppy)

A peek at the inside, which I kept very simple with space for a quick note . . .
And the ever-popular "artsy" view . . .
I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:

And that's it for now . . . but I'll be back soon!! Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for leaving me such sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugggggggggssssssssssss!

17 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, your is super sweet and it will be a wonderful gift to your sister even if it isn't a surprise. The stamp is just so cute. Take care and sending my best for no chewed shoes.

Debbie said...

Oh so sweet, she will love it.
I had to read what the puppy was twice, as I thought you said a Malteeser, and I was thinking about Chocolate!!!
Sorry!
Delightful image and your distress colouring is super.
Debbiex

Dena said...

Oh man! I'm in LOVE!!!!! This is the cutest darn card!!!! You did a great job with making him look like a Maltese! The pink and all your details are gorgeous! Your coloring.......stunning! So very pretty Pat!
Big hugs!
Dena

Pillan said...

Your card is absolutely perfect! Sweet image and lovely colors :-)
/Pillan

Paper Profusion said...

Utterly adorable card Pat! Nicola x

Dianne said...

Wow beautiful inside and out,the image is sooo cute and you have colored her to perfection,love the corner pieces, and all those pretty flowers, thanks so much Pat for sharing your inspiration with us, have a great day..

Janie Printz said...

Oh my gosh Pat she is the sweetest little thing I ever saw !!! If that puppy is half as cute as your card I'm in LOVE !!!! I love this darling Tilda with puppy image ... I MUST go find her !!! Your work is incdredible ...
Hugs, Janie

Claire said...

This is a beautiful card, love the image and all the gorgeous elements and colours. Hugs, Claire x

Janie Printz said...

Is this puppy is as cute as your card I am in LOVE !!! Pat this is simply stunning with all the pink .. Your coloring blows me away !!!
Hugs, Janie

Candy said...

Oh what a wonderful card for your sister and her new puppy!!
No matter what medium you use your colouring is always wonderful.
Love the paper with the little doggie prints on it.
Love your colours and design.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

aussie aNNie said...

Super sweet Pat, such a cute Tilda, gotta get this one...love the bone charm oh so gorgeous for your sister and new puppy.xx

Chris said...

Pat this is gorgeous.

Cards by Ria said...

Hoi Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia lover
What A great card you have made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks you for joining us at the Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
hugs Ria
come and check out my blog and become a follower

Lori said...

Great colouring, I love the flowered ribbon and cute stamp, thanks so much for joining us this week at Magnolia Down Under, good luck!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Pat... Beautiful card!!!
Hope you are well.
hugs........

Iulia said...

Oh, I kind of miss these cuties; mouthless or not, she's as cute as it can get; and this is just perfect for someone who loves puppies! I'm pretty sure your sis will cherish this one as much as the puppy:)
Hugs, Iulia

Jenny said...

Gosh so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing with us at LHOSM. Jen xxx