Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Green & White & Orange at Sassy Cheryl's

Hap-hap-happy Tuesday, m'darlins!! Are ya ready for another fantabulously fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!! This week's hostess is the very clever and sassy Miz Jackie!! And, in honor of her native Ireland, she's chosen a color theme . . .

Green & White & Orange!

If you haven't guessed it, I do believe those are the colors in Ireland's flag!! So . . . we get to celebrate Ireland this week! Fitting, me thinks, since St. Patrick's day is just around the corner!! Here's my little something for this week's challenge . . . 
Soooooo . . . I decided to use my adorablly sweet friend, Charlie, since I've always envisioned this li'l darlin' as a sassy red (er, orange!) -head!! Hehe!! It matches her sassy and spunky personality, don'tcha think??! Here's a close-up . . .

 This image is called "Mischievous Charlie" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's new shop! Here's a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Strathmore 90# Cold-Pressed H20color paper
Calypso Coral cardstock & ribbon: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Hideaway" from First Edition
Rectangle & square dies: Spellbinders
Doily die: Magnolia
Corner die: Susana's Custom Art & Card Design
Front sentiment: A-muse
Inside sentiment: Inkadinkado
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearl & ric rac: My stash
Image painted with Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Here's a peek at the inside . . .
And, of course, the "ahhhhtsy fahhhhtsy" angle . . .
Sooooooo . . . are ya feeling so "Irish" now that you've seen all of this Green, White, & Orange? Now . . . please visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Jackie and the rest of my talented DT "Sassettes" have created for this week's challenge!! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, oh, oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

I'm entering this card into . . . 
CLP's Sketch Challenge #56

And that's it for me!! Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for taking the time to leave me such sweet comments! They really do make my day!! Until next time . . . big Irish hugs!

19 comments:

Dee said...

Aye - this Lassy looks a wee bit Irish herself ! Very cute!!

Shirley said...

Pat, this card is awesome, inside and out. What fabulous coloring and I've seen hair almost that exact color orange. The papers are scrumptious, and have to say, I'm laughing over the inside sentiment that goes with the outside one.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello dear Pat, I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments you left me on my blog. It was so nice to read and made me feel so much better. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
Your new card is absolutely beautiful! I love, love love your awesome sentiments! :-) i always wanted to get that one from Amuse. What happened to the company??? they really had the best sentiments and now they seam to just sell out and not replace. Too bad! Love also all the colorful layers.

hugs and hope you have a great week.
Claudia

Dianne said...

Gorgeous inside and out again, I feel awful just leaving mine blank inside, anyway,she is colored perfectly and the background just fabulous, thanks for always inspiring me when I visit have a great day..

Dawn said...

too stinkin cute! giggle at that inside sentiment!!!! colored to perfection... an awesome card!

Za ovinkom said...

I love have you put colors together. I like the image and as always your cards is so beautiful.
Jasmina

Monique said...

What a beautifull card Pat! Love the bright colours.

Hugs Monique

Molecraft said...

Totally fab, love the colours!
Helen x

catherine said...

This is so fantastic Pat and such gorgeous colours. Great card
x catherine

jkreucher said...

Omgosh Pat! this sentiment is a hoot.. whimsical and totallllly fun!
your designs inside and out always amaze me!
gorgeousness-- every amazing detail!
hugs to ya
Judy

Candy said...

Ach! It's an Irish lassie today is it?
And fine she is. Lovely colouring to this wee girl. Happy St. Patricks Day on March 17th
Big Hugs to you and all, Candy

Franz♥ said...

Another simply adorable creation Pat! Your colouring always blows me away and your design is unique!

I've to apologize with you...i'm going to FB to leave you a message :)

Hugs, Franz.

Franz♥ said...

p.s. thank you for joining us at CLP challenge blog this week :)

Janie Printz said...

You crack me up with your wonderful sense of humor !!! Lady I love EVERYTHING you do & this little image is just the sweetest. Love her quirky little smile & your fantastic coloring of her. Gorgeous card my friend.
Hugs, Janie

Jackie Mooney said...

Oh Pat she looks Soooo Irish lol, LOVE your card ,as always :)

Ann English said...

Your cards are always works of art! I love coming to see what you've created and marvel at your creativity! Charlie is the perfect " orange head"! The inside sentiment is fabulous-so suited to that little devil!

Iulia said...

What an awesome color combo those Irish people have on their flag! And on your card they are so beautifully mixed together in papers riboons and flowers! Love the chromatic and this is such a cute image with a lovely sentiment to go with! Totally adorable hunnie!

Betsy said...

Love this card! Great color combo, and I love the look on her face! She is quite spunky, I'd say!

Chelsea said...

Hi Pat, Oh ... this is such an adorable image and I love the colors on her. Beautiful take on the CLP Sketch, thanks so much for joining us.

with Love.