Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Fave Color Combo . . . for today, at least!

Hey there, kiddos!! Welcome to my little corner of "blogdom" . . . and say "hello" to Tuesday! Well . . . the snow here in Richmond, Virginia was a bit of a surprise! But it should come as no surprise that, if today is Tuesday, that means there's another fun challenge happening over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!! And . . . my sweet and crazy-talented DT sister, Miz Cathy, is our hostess this week . . . and she'd like to see everyone's  . . .

Favorite Color Combination!

Hmmmm . . . that's always such a fun challenge theme, don't you agree? But, I must admit, my fave color combo changes . . . sometimes daily!! And today it seems that I'm loving red and black and ivory!! Here . . . tell me what'cha think . . . 
This card is a bit of a departure for me . . . with just a glimpse of Sassy Sally through the circular window! Here's a close-up . . . 
I fell in love with Sassy Sally image when I first saw it . . . reminds me of ME!! Here's a side view, sort of . . . 
As you can see, the front is super simple! I put all the really fun stuff inside!! hehe! Ready? . . . 
This adorable Sassy Sally & Bella image is called "An Afternoon Classic" and is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's a close-up of the inside . . . that sentiment cracks me up!! And it fits so perfectly, don'cha think?
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
White, Black, & Cherry Cobbler cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs & Cherry Cobbler seam binding: Stampin' Up
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: My stash
Sentiment: Art Impressions 
Circle & Scalloped Circle dies: Spellbinders
Image paper-pieced and colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

And, finally, the "artsy" view . . .
 Fun, huh?! Now . . . won't you please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Cathy and the rest of my talented Design Teamies have created for this week's challenge?!! Then, we'd love for you to grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! And don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

And there ya have it . . . my fave color combo . . . for today!! Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for taking the time to leave me such kind comments! Until next time . . . hugs!

19 comments:

Alyce said...

love this! a wonderful layout...i love how the whole picture is inside the card...real effective! :)

Dena said...

Darling Pat! What a clever idea with the little window! Your coloring is always so beautiful!! Great card my dear!
I hope the snow stay for just a bit for you to enjoy, it looked gorgeous with all the trees in your photo!
Hugs, Dena

Sharon said...

This is such a fabulous design Pat. Love the little window and the whole image is adorable. Love relaxing days on the sofa but they don't happen very often. Too many cards to make!!!
Love the colour combo.
Hugs Sharon, x

Boxofcolours said...

Oh Pat this is just fantastic. I adore the layout on this card - awesome work my friend.
Hugs
Jane

Dawn said...

too stinkin cleverly cute, Pat!!! love the window...how fun! great color combo too!!!

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a precious card. I want to crawl right up on the couch! Love the peep hole in the front- just perfect. xxx Ann Marie

Cynthia said...

Wow, I took a peek at your snow photo below! I hope you didn't have to leave the house yesterday. Yes, we are use to the snow in March... but we have accumulated over 20 inches in about 2 days. UGH!

Gorgeous creation as always, Pat! When I "grow up" I want to create like you. LOL! I love what you have done with this sweet image and the paper piecing is fabulous. Perfect sentiment as well!

Stay safe and warm!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love your color combo.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

What a fun card! That image is great! Reminds me of me and both my girls. Looks like a great thing to do on a lazy summer day! That's a super color combo and I'm like you, my favorite combo changes very frequently!
Blessings,
Michelle

Vicky said...

Beautiful as always hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Dianne said...

Gorgeous inside and out Pat, love her in the window brilliant idea..
Thanks for sharing this beauty and hope your having a great day.. Oh ya nice snow, we've had it for months LOL... It's much prettier in the country, in the city it is dirty and ugly.. :):) big hugs..

Janie Printz said...

I totally agree with Cynthia, when I grow up I want to make cards just like you too. That window peep hole is just amazing !!! Love the relaxing couch scene inside & after the snowy day you had sounds like a great way to spend the day ... Beautifully colored & as always your post has done it's job & put me in a happier place ...
Hugs, Janie

Candy said...

So delightful, Pat.
Love it!!
Big Hugs, Candy

chrissy xx said...

LOve your yesterday colours!
Does that girl know we are all peeking through the window..
FABulous Fun card..LOve it..
LOve your sentiment too.
Chrissyxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Well Mz. Pat, this is different for you but wow do I love it. How creative you are. That little window is awesome and then to have the full version of the image on the inside is wonderful. Lovely colors and great creativity. Working on mine now...joann sassy raggedy

Christina C. said...

This is so darn precious.....adore the sentiment!!!!!

Sassy Cheryl said...

As always, I love ALL the photos! And totally LOL on the 'for today at least' comment. Funny! Are you saying you can't make up your mind? Not you.
Regardless of your fav. color combo, on any given day, your cards are always beautiful. Love it.

Cathy said...

Ms Pat: This is so awesome, Love the Design, that little window is amazing and the Inside is a wow factor, love everything about it. Not what we usually see here, but still an amazing card, just proves your versatility GF!!! My colors change with my moods too :)

Sally Dodger said...

This card is great. Using the center of the flower to create a window to the inside of the card is a brilliant idea. Great colour scheme too.