Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome Baby!!

Happy Monday, my sweet friends!! ooh ooh oohhh . . . guess what we had last night?? SNOW!! Yikes! Now, I know many of you are accustomed to snow this time of year . . . but not so much here in Richmond, Virginia, USA! Well . . . I feel it's my duty to share a photo of the gorgeous white stuff . . . sooooo . . . here ya go!!
 This pic was taken from my front porch!! Isn't the snow GORGEOUS?! (I'm so glad I can stay home all day today . . . and watch it melt! hehehe!)

OK . . . enough on the weather!! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with all y'all!! This one is for a friend and his wife who just had a beautiful baby girl!!
This precious digital image is from Sugar Nellie's "Simply Adorable" Collection! It's called "Bambino" and is available HERE at Funky Kits. I love this sweet little baby . . . in fact, it's my "go to" image for baby cards!! Here's a close-up . . .
This time I pulled out my trusty Copic Sketch Markers!! Super duper easy peasy to color too!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
White & Barely Banana cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: My stash (from local craft store)
Tiffany Frame & Cherise Label dies: Memory Box
Rectangle & square dies: Spellbinders
Trellis punch: Martha Stewart
Metal corner (embossed): Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & lace: The Ribbon Girl
Pearls & charm: My stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment (front) Stampin' up
Sentiment (inside): Stampendous
Colored with Copics

A peek at the inside . . .
And, last but not least . . .
I hope you've enjoyed looking at Virginia snow . . . and at my newest Sugar Nellie creation!! Thank you so much for popping by . . . and thanks bunches for your sweet comments! Big hugs . . . until next time!

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

I dont get snow where I live in NZ Pat, so I can really appreciate your photo, gorgeous...and your card is gorgeous too, such a beautiful image, love the papers and colouring and fabulous design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

Pat, this is so beautiful. The image is adorable and the papers, design and embellishments are stunning.
Enjoy the snow.
Hugs Sharon. x

catherine said...

Such a gorgeous card Pat. Love the image and all the embellishments.
We are not used to snow at this time here in the UK and with spring time unheard of. We have had enough now I think and I hope it doesn't last to much longer. hope yours clears soon for you
x catherine

Mau xx said...

Hi Sweet lady, Love the snow picture.. I am not so keen to go out in it though....lol
I have escaped it so far..whew!! But lots of problems here in England for lots of other people.
Sorry been slow in getting around, I am sure someone has stolen 10 hrs of my day. or I am getting painfully slow :(
Love the card, you always colour beautifully, and the pretty detail is lovely.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Linda Compton said...

You have to admit the snow is beautiful, peaceful and serene. (As long as you are not on the highway)Gorgeous card Pat I, too, love this image and use it often.

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, we got some snow here in WI too - had enough of the stuff though. Your card is just precious - I'm sure just as the little one herself. Love all your details with the charm, corner, pearls, and all how you always put it all together!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Dee said...

wow - that's almost scary how real that baby looks. Cute card !!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Beautiful. I also have to agree, this is a definite "go-to" image for a baby card. Beautiful embellies, the inside is just as lovely as the outside.... xxx Ann Marie

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! Sweet image! The baby....not the snow! I've had enough of that stuff here in Central New York! I'm ready for spring!
Blessings,
Michelle
PS OK....the snow is gorgeous. But you can keep it ;)

Dianne said...

OHMYGOODNESS, wow Pat your coloring is out standing, its a fabulous card and your friend is gonna loooove it, thanks for sharing this special card...

Sassy Raggedy said...

How wonderful this is Pat. Such a sweet image and your colors are so soft and sweet. I love how you colored the image. joann sassy raggedy