Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Scream, You Scream . . .

. . . We ALL scream for ICE CREAM!! hehe! Yep . . . in my mind, ice cream is just another of the essential food groups! Hey . . . it's Tuesday! Yippee! That means there's another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!! Wheet whoooo! (that's me whistling!!) Soooo . . . this week's hostess is the very talented and oh, so "sassy" Miz Judy! And she'd like to see . . .

Fancy Edges, Diecuts, Punches, 
and/or Borders!

Easy peasy!! But . . . WAIT! Before I show you my card, I have to brag a bit!! So, apparently, everyone in the "crafting & cardmaking" world knows how to "MERGE" digi images! Well, everyone BUT me!! I've been holding out . . . out of sheer stubbornness, I'm sure! hehe! Well . . . as you are about to see . . . I'm a MERGER now!!! hehehe! I'm so proud, I could just eat ice cream! 
Oh . . . and speaking of ice cream . . . (nice segway, huh?!) Noah looks like he's going to end up sharing some of his ice cream with Sassy Sally! She can be so persuasive!! Here's a close-up . . . 
OK . . . so I merged "Sassy Sally's Butterfly" (which will be available at Sassy Cheryl's for a limited time) with "It's the Thought That Counts" (which is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's online store). If you'd like more info on merging . . . check out this fabulous TUTORIAL by Debbie Pamment!!
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Kraft paper & corrugated paper: My stash
Digi DPs: "Giggles & Grins" available at NitWits
Rectangle & square dies: Spellbinders
Corner die: Susana's Custom Art & Card Design
Heart dies: Memory Box
Flower die: Magnolia
Buttons: Papermania
Front sentiment: Stamping Bella
Inside sentiment: Inkadinkado
Ice Cream Cone charm: The Charm Store 24/7
Image colored with Copic Sketch markers & Colored Pencils 
 
Here's a peek at the inside . . . this sentiment cracks me up! . . .
And, last but never least . . .
Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Judy and the rest of my talented DT "Sassettes" have created for this week's challenge!! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, oh, oh . . . and don't forget . . .
 
One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

And there ya have it . . . my first attempt at merging!! Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, for taking the time to leave me such sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugs!

17 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, you did a GREAT job with your merge. They still make me nervous! Your edges are always beautiful!

Dawn said...

Big Girl!!! See, now you're no longer afraid of the Merge Monster!

Too cute, and totally LOVE the sentiment on the inside!! Fab coloring....that's a given with you! Cute,cute,cute!

Sassy Cheryl said...

You get an A+ for merging Pat!!! Why so stubborn? You silly girl. I LOVE the little scene. Super adorable and it certainly does convey a little story. You go girl! Oh. . . .and I'll have some of that ice-cream food group too. . .after it gets warmer. :)

Tess Ekwall said...

hi pat. happy to meet you!! i love your blog. your cards are just lovley. i'm your new fallower. hugs, tess.

Sharon said...

Wow, this is fabulous. Love the two images together and they are beautifully coloured. The papers design and embellishments are gorgeous.
Hugs Sharon. x

Cynthia said...

Adorable scene, Pat! Great job merging these two Sassy images. Love the inside sentiment... Perfect!

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Pat. Great image and love how you have embellished it
x catherine

Shirley said...

Pat, this is so spectacular. You merged beautifully, and then colored them as beautifully. Love all your amazing die cuts. Your rocked this one girlfriend.

Candy said...

Well, Pat - you are not the last person to learn how to merge images. I have no idea how to do it!!!
Fantastic job on that :o)
Love your card as usual. Brilliant colouring and embellishments!
Big Hugs, Candy

debby4000 said...

Oh Pat this is gorgeous, wonderful details and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Janie Printz said...

Well I'm so proud of you Miss Pat for being a "Merger" but I will NEVER be able to learn that hard stuff !!! I even have have Photo Shop but guess those programs are for big girls & not big babies like me ...
I really do love how the mergered digis work so beautifully together & you get a big atta girl from me !!!
Your card today is simpply adorable & I'm ready for ice cream too ...
Hugs, Janie

Dianne said...

Really cute and colored beautiful as always, your certainly created a gorgeous card with those lovely die cuts,have a great day pat and thanks for sharing..

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Pat - Wow!! this is adorable! Those dies are great! The bow dies are so sweet I think you could use them on a lot of cards! Great job merging your images. I have actually never done that which is surprising since I almost exclusively use digs! Maybe someday ;) Great card!
Blessings,
Michelle

Linda Compton said...

Oh thanks for the tutorial on merging. I really want to try it after seeing you image. A little romance brewing in the store????
GEEEORJUS CARD, you crazy adorable lady.

Mau xx said...

Love the colours Pat and yes I agree Ice-Cream is pretty high up on my list too. Super image merging too, you clever thing :)
huge hugs Mau xx

Ann English said...

You are too funny! Love that you merged these town-as always, a gorgeous card. The sentiment inside is PERFECT!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

GREAT merge of images! Totally adorable Pat. Love all the kraft paper embellishments. ~jeni :)