Friday, March 8, 2013

On Your Special Day . . .

Happy weekend!! Yay! Don't you just love the weekend? I do!! Do you have any fabulous plans?? I should do some laundry and maybe do a little cleaning . . . but I am definitely spending the majority of the weekend in my studio!! Wheet whoo! I have a little card to post here, though, before I start working on my next "masterpiece" hehe!
This is a commission for my brother-in-law who needs a "Wedding" card for his cousin. He wanted it "not too fancy" . . . and, I gotta say, this is as "not too fancy" as I generally get! hehehe!! Hope he likes it! I've used an adorable Lili of the Valley stamp called called "Carriage for Two" . . . available HERE at LOTV's online shop. Oh, and that fun "grunge" sentiment is available at LOTV too - right HERE. Here's a close-up of this sweet image . . .
I've been experimenting with watercolor papers . . . this paper is Arches Cold Press watercolor paper 140#. I think I prefer it to the "Hot Pressed" paper since it stands up to my "overworking"! Here's a side view . . .
And one from the other side . . . 
 My Card Recipe . . . 
Very Vanilla, River Rock, & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "French Kiss" by Glitz
Edges lightly inked with Creamy Caramel ink: Stampin' Up
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads, refills, & markers
Very Vanilla ribbon: Stampin' Up
Roses & lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Heart tag and border dies: Magnolia
Pearls: My stash
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
"Love" charm:: The Charm Store
Mr. & Mrs. sentiment (front) & inside sentiment: Whimsy

Here's a peek at the inside (that thing on the top is a decorated pocket for a gift card) . . .
And one more . . . "artsy" view . . .
Challenges . . . 

And that's it for me!! Hope you enjoyed your visit ! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back soon with a new Sugar Nellie project! Hugs . . .

13 comments:

Chris said...

This is gorgeous. I love the soft peach against the brown.

Candy said...

Wonderful card Pat. Love the colours.
Hugs, Candy

Claire said...

This is a beautiful card Pat, love the image, gorgeous colouring and the colour tones and pretty embellishments are perfect. This will be a real keepsake. Hugs, Claire x

Dianne said...

Well Miss Pat this is gorgeous inside and out, I never make the inside pretty,awesome, Its perfect and I know your BIL will Looooove it, thanks for sharing your beautiful creation, have a fun weekend creating in you room:):)

Ann Marie Governale said...

Such a pretty, pretty card. I just love this image and how you colored this little couple. Love the design papers and perfect embellies, too.... such a beautiful card, Pat, as are all of your creations! xxx Ann Marie

Mau xx said...

Its Gorgeous Pat and I love your choice of colour. all the pretty detail is perfect.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

catherine said...

This is just a stunning card Pat . So beautifully embellished and finished on the inside too
x catherine

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, to ask you for a "Not too fancy" I don't know how that is possible. I think the majority of your cards are incredible and fancy since they are decorated on three sides. And you showed that again with another gorgeous card. See I think of CAS as being not too fancy.

Kelly Lloyd said...

Adorable creation inside and out.
Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Linda said...

Not too fancy, ROTFL. I am sure your BIL will love this plain ole card. If not send it my way, I'll hang it on my wall. It is gorgeous darling. There is something about the ribbon and lace that sets it off to perfection.

Jenn Bedient said...

Beautiful card! What an adorable image. Love your florals too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the weekend. I hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn DT

Iulia said...

Not too fancy,huh? Depends on who's looking; I'd say it's fancy enough and definitely a "masterpiece"! Love those papers and what a cute image> I must have missed this one.
You should have shared it with your group B:)
Oh, and I love the idea with the pearls on the Magnolia border. Might borrow it:)

Betsy said...

Love this card! Everything about it is perfect!