Friday, March 8, 2013

On Your Special Day . . .

Happy weekend!! Yay! Don't you just love the weekend? I do!! Do you have any fabulous plans?? I should do some laundry and maybe do a little cleaning . . . but I am definitely spending the majority of the weekend in my studio!! Wheet whoo! I have a little card to post here, though, before I start working on my next "masterpiece" hehe!
This is a commission for my brother-in-law who needs a "Wedding" card for his cousin. He wanted it "not too fancy" . . . and, I gotta say, this is as "not too fancy" as I generally get! hehehe!! Hope he likes it! I've used an adorable Lili of the Valley stamp called called "Carriage for Two" . . . available HERE at LOTV's online shop. Oh, and that fun "grunge" sentiment is available at LOTV too - right HERE. Here's a close-up of this sweet image . . .
I've been experimenting with watercolor papers . . . this paper is Arches Cold Press watercolor paper 140#. I think I prefer it to the "Hot Pressed" paper since it stands up to my "overworking"! Here's a side view . . .
And one from the other side . . . 
 My Card Recipe . . . 
Very Vanilla, River Rock, & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "French Kiss" by Glitz
Edges lightly inked with Creamy Caramel ink: Stampin' Up
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads, refills, & markers
Very Vanilla ribbon: Stampin' Up
Roses & lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Heart tag and border dies: Magnolia
Pearls: My stash
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
"Love" charm:: The Charm Store
Mr. & Mrs. sentiment (front) & inside sentiment: Whimsy

Here's a peek at the inside (that thing on the top is a decorated pocket for a gift card) . . .
And one more . . . "artsy" view . . .
Challenges . . . 

And that's it for me!! Hope you enjoyed your visit ! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back soon with a new Sugar Nellie project! Hugs . . .