Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pearls & Ribbon . . . and Peaches too!

Hey there my lovelies! Gosh . . . this week is FLYING by!! Seriously . . . how can it be Thursday already? The best thing about Thursdays . . . can ya guess? Yep . . . it's almost the weekend . . . and that's pretty cool! But the other fabulous thing about Thursdays is . . . it's the day we have a fun new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Oooh . . . and guess what else? I get to be this week's hostess with the theme . . .

Pearls & Ribbon!!

I have to admit . . . pearls and ribbon are standard fare for me . . . except when I'm making a "guy" card . . . which this definitely is NOT! hehehe! Here's my card . . . 
I've had this precious little Mo Manning image for more than a year . . . it's one of my all-time faves, in fact! I can't believe this is the first time I've colored her! What's up with that?!! (Hanging head in shame here!) This image is called "Peaches" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Here's a close-up of this sweetheart . . .
Sooooo . . . here's the deal . . . I was on Skype the other day with my sweet friend and talented DT sistah, Debbie . . . and she was working on an "easel" card as we chatted! I was working on coloring this week's Mo image! Well . . . I realized that it had been ages since I'd made an easel card . . . so . . . I decided to take a page from Debbie's book, so to speak . . . and VOILA!! I made a "twisted easel" card ! Thanks, Deb, for inspiring me!
My Card "Recipe" . . .
Blush Blossom & True Thyme cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: "Patchwork Party" & "Mini Dots" from Bearly Mine
Sentiment: Hamptom Art
Labels # 3 die: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Edge, fence, & tag dies: Magnolia
Flesh seam binding & cheese cloth: The Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: My stash
Edges "shabbied" with Tim Holtz Picket Fence Crackle Paint
Caran d'ache & Faber Castel pencils

Another angle . . .
And . . . last but not least . . . a bit of an "artsy" view . . .
Fun, huh? Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . .  just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the crafting begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges . . .
Deep Ocean Challenge #47 - Cute & Cuddly (which this little girl definitely is!)  

And . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to! And special thanks for your sweet comments!! Hugs . . . .

20 comments:

Iulia said...

Hi dear dear Pat; I know I've been away for much too long but don't you dare think I haven't peeked in the meantime:).
No idea where you guys come up with these twisted stuff; couldn't make it out by looking about 5 minutes and your artsy views couldn't really help:)). Anyways, I love the colors, you always come up with the most exquisite combinations; those papers are a dream and wow, your coloring never ceases to impress me; I start feeling a bit awkward in this team:). I think I'm gonna need fast some coloring improvement to say the least:)
Really,I love this card...if only I knew how it opens...or closes for that matter:))
Hugs, Iulia

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Pat,
This is simply adorable,
loving you colour combo,
hugs,
Heather & Bronwyn x x

Christina C. said...

A gorgeous easel card indeed! Adore your magnificent coloring and design work....always superb!

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful card Pat. A beautiful coloured cute image and the papers, design and embellies are stunning.
Hugs Sharon. x

Tracy said...

The coloring on this card is just over and beyond amazing my friend. I know these are your favorite colors to put together and they really are so beautiful. I'm glad you went with the easel design. Once of my faves from you Pat. Hugs!

Cathryn said...

Dear Pat, this is adorable, love the colored pencils, You are sooo talented my dear!!!When I grow up I want to be just like you...not a chance, I will never grow up LOL, or be as talented, but I love everything you do Sistah!!!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Oh what a beautiful card!!
Love the image of Mo's and you have coloured her to perfection.
Great papers and colour choices.
Love your embellies too.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Maalai said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

ednamburgess said...

Love this image and the colors go perfect with her. Love it. Edna

Betsy said...

WOW!!!! 'nuff said!

Janie Printz said...

You always make "Smiley Day" kind of cards !!! They ALWAYS make me smile or grin from ear to ear ... Love the darling little image, your wonderful papers & oh so perfect coloring ...
Hugs, Janie

Dianne said...

Wow Pat the background is stunning and of course colored beautifully, fabulous card, the way you have the twisted easel is way kool, thanks for sharing and have a great day...

Franz♥ said...

Hiya hun! Thank you very much for this super lovely theme, pearls and ribbons are a standard for me as well!
Really you coloured up this lovely Mo's with pencils?! You've no limits sweetie! I got lot of pencils (Polychromos and Prismas) last year, but i used them only with copics...

This is another little masterpiece, love the color combo very much and all the cute details, totally LOVE it!

A big hug, Franz.

catherine said...

This is an amazing card Pat and love the layout and the colours. have a good weekend
x catherine

Exclusively by Mel said...

Stunning card, your colouring is beautiful! and I love the design.
thanks for joining us @ Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

Kim Bell said...

Pat!!
Wow, Wow. I just love your card and your coloring is just stunning! Now I have to play with my pencils. I have not done that in a very long time. Love your inspiration.

Hugz
Kim

AnjaCardz said...

So sweet and delicious like peaches! Totally awesome papers and colours you chose, hun! And I am seriously asking myself now if there would be any medium you don't handle that perfectly as everything I've seen by you so far! ;-) In other words: I am deeply impressed by your skills, sweety!

Big hugs, Anja

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Ok Iulia was too cute with her comment up there. I always think she makes AMAZING cards so she has nothing to be ashamed of. And your card is simply gorgeous! The colors, the papers, the cheesecloth. And she's right, your coloring is gorgeous! WOW! So beautiful!
Blessings,
Michelle

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, your creation is absolutely gorgeous,thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time huggles Pops x x x