Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pearls & Ribbon . . . and Peaches too!

Hey there my lovelies! Gosh . . . this week is FLYING by!! Seriously . . . how can it be Thursday already? The best thing about Thursdays . . . can ya guess? Yep . . . it's almost the weekend . . . and that's pretty cool! But the other fabulous thing about Thursdays is . . . it's the day we have a fun new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Oooh . . . and guess what else? I get to be this week's hostess with the theme . . .

Pearls & Ribbon!!

I have to admit . . . pearls and ribbon are standard fare for me . . . except when I'm making a "guy" card . . . which this definitely is NOT! hehehe! Here's my card . . . 
I've had this precious little Mo Manning image for more than a year . . . it's one of my all-time faves, in fact! I can't believe this is the first time I've colored her! What's up with that?!! (Hanging head in shame here!) This image is called "Peaches" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Here's a close-up of this sweetheart . . .
Sooooo . . . here's the deal . . . I was on Skype the other day with my sweet friend and talented DT sistah, Debbie . . . and she was working on an "easel" card as we chatted! I was working on coloring this week's Mo image! Well . . . I realized that it had been ages since I'd made an easel card . . . so . . . I decided to take a page from Debbie's book, so to speak . . . and VOILA!! I made a "twisted easel" card ! Thanks, Deb, for inspiring me!
My Card "Recipe" . . .
Blush Blossom & True Thyme cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: "Patchwork Party" & "Mini Dots" from Bearly Mine
Sentiment: Hamptom Art
Labels # 3 die: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Corner die: Joy Crafts
Edge, fence, & tag dies: Magnolia
Flesh seam binding & cheese cloth: The Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: My stash
Edges "shabbied" with Tim Holtz Picket Fence Crackle Paint
Caran d'ache & Faber Castel pencils

Another angle . . .
And . . . last but not least . . . a bit of an "artsy" view . . .
Fun, huh? Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . .  just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the crafting begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges . . .
Deep Ocean Challenge #47 - Cute & Cuddly (which this little girl definitely is!)  

And . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to! And special thanks for your sweet comments!! Hugs . . . .