Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rain, rain, rain...

Happy Thursday, sweet bloggin' friends!! It's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Whoohoo!! And, let me tell ya, this challenge was a REAL CHALLENGE for me!! Our very own sweet and delightfully talented DT sistah, Sheila, is our hostess this week...and she's chosen "Monochromatic" as our theme! Yikes...I don't know that I've ever made a single monochromatic card - ever! (And I'm not even 100% sure that this card actually counts...because, while I generally stuck with a monochromatic theme, I just HAD to add a teensy weensy pop of yellow and red...I'm sooooo bad at following rules!! LOL!) Anyway, here's what I came up with....


I started by digging though my stash of DPs and found this fun paper! (It's by Debbie Mumm.) Then I remembered that I had just added Waiting for Rain to my ever-growing collection of Mo Manning images...and this cute card just sort of made itself!!


I colored this little cutie patootie with my Copic sketch markers (and a couple of Prismacolor Pencils)...here are the colors I used:

E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks)
E57, 55, 53, 51, 50. YR20 (hair)
B45, 41, 00 (blues)
Y18, 15, 13, 11 (yellows)
R27, 24, 22, 20 (reds)
W1, 0, 00 (shadows)
C1, 00, W1 (ground)


Cardstock: Night of Navy & Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up)
Corners: Cuttlebug dies
MS "Bubbles" punches
Nestabilities: Circle & inverted circles
Ribbon: Seam binding from the Ribbon Girl
Teardrop blue diamonds (my stash of diamonds...just kidding, they're rhinestones!)
Stamps (my stash)

So, did I nail the mono-chromatic thing! Kinda?

Now, why not pop on over the Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the rest of the DT's creations? My Design Teamies have come up with some real gems to give you a bit of inspiration!! Then get crackin' on making your own monochromatic paper project! Just remember to use at least one Mo Manning image...and then add your project to the Inlinkz Blue Frog thingie...and, who knows...you may be the lucky winner of this week's free Mo Manning digi image! Such fun, huh?!!

Oh...and one more tiny tidbit of info...be sure to read this week's DP2 blog post for an exciting announcement and details about how you can become a Guest Designer for Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Have a great week friends! Now...go forth and CREATE!! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Until next time...

30 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great card Pat, very cute, I think you followed the rules ( but what do I know ) lol ! Hugs Cheryl

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhh, Pat, this is a delightful card!! Adore those cute little boots on the inside of the card as well!
Such a precious image, colored magnificently!

CraftyC said...

This is adorable Pat, and I love the raindrops!
Clairex

Country Mouse said...

Stunning card! I just love that image!! I struggle with monochramatic (LOL!). Thanks for sharing.

Debra G Smith said...

Pat..this is the most adorable card.
I love it!!! Your coloring the paper rain drop bling..I could go on and on. Awesome!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very nice! The crystal raindrops are a nice touch! and the boots inside! I like it and entered the challenge, too! Just "happened" to have something I made sometime back! Blessings, Sharon

heidy said...

Wow Pat,what a gorgeous card,the inside is a pretty as the outside!
Just Love IT!!!
Hugs Heidy

Annacarin said...

I love your card Pat! Your colouring are fantastic and the image are so sweet!
Have a nice day, Annacarin

Kathy Bradley said...

Wonderful card, Pat!! You did an amazing job - you've brought Mo's image to life! I've never done a monochromatic card and had to see what the DT did before entering. Thanks for sharing!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! Super cute image and I love the lace!
hugs, Marlies

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card Pat,she looks sweet in blues, I used this image a few weeks back in zingy colours, looks super in any colour way. thanks for the inspiration.janex

Sandy said...

Good morning Patricia! I can't believe it, I actually woke up and remember this is your posting day! Your card reminds me of the movie Birdcage where Nathen Lane is trying to look like a conservative. He has on the dark suit - conservative shirt and tie, but it is discovered that he has on (I think) YELLOW socks. And he says something like "well you have to have a splash of color!". Besides, your splashes make the card you. Boy I sure do like the way you did your ribbon. Are those boots made for walking or are they for stomping? I want them!! Very nice card Pat and I love the inside. You do nothing but get better and better. That Rain paper is perfect - what an eye you have.
Love you loads -- Sandy

Debbie said...

Yeah, it's Thursday, a creation from my dear friend Pat. Love this card, perfect choice of papers, and perfect coloring as always. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the teams creations and hope I get to play along

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Rules, Smules who needs them especially when your creation is just so cute.

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is precious. I love that paper. The two were meant to be together. I love the soft blue you colored. Great job..

cathylynn said...

Hi Pat, What a perfect card you made and so fitting because I swear all it does is rain. I love all your punch work and that stamp is so darn adorable. Great inside and out!! Hey I love your mono colors too!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Marianne said...

What an adorable card this is. Love this sweet little girl. And stunning how you make the rain on this card.
Hugs Marianne

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card, love the colour and perfectly embellished!
Helen x

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
I have no idea if this is right for your challenge or not.
I DO KNOW it is a GREAT CARD!!!
Love this sweet little Mo image and the way you have coloured her and used your special paper. I used to have it a very long time ago.The inside is delightful as well.
I LOVE IT.
Hugs, Candy

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie! And so cool with the rain bling!!

Erika said...

Hi Pat love this image, so cute and the rain paper too. I think you've nailed monochromatic on the head and I love the little wellies in the middle.
Happy crafting, hugs, Erika. x

Boxofcolours said...

This is a great card Pat & you're so good decorating the inside too!! ~ Jane

Dorcas said...

Hi pat! This is so stinkin cute! Love the raincoat its just colored so beautifully and the scruched ribbon is pretty cool too ;-) Awesome card, girlfriend!

Ellie said...

What a darling card! Love that image, your coloring is just amazing and I love the raindrops!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colour choice and the design, big hugs love pops x x x

Ribbon Girl said...

Great card Pat - lovely image, and I really like the pair of red wellies on the inside of the card - super cute! Mary G x

Iulia said...

Hi Pat sweetie!
I got here eventually although I peaked a couple of days ago- I always do that then come back:)
I love this sweet monochrome (well, sort of, but still monochrome:)) card of yours and those rhinestones raindrops are to die for. You have such an eye for these lovely details... and the rain paper...get out of here... wher on Earth did it come from lol.
Your coloring is amazing- love the yellow boots and the inside boots are so funny. Great sentiment and a supercute ribbon arrangement too!
How sweet!
Hugs sweetie and have a happy Sunday!
Iulia

Sheila said...

You little tinker!, this is awesome GF, what was you going on about I LOVE IT!!, you ROCK!!, I love your ribbon treatment too Pat, it's gorgeous!.
Hugs sistah.
Sheila xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Just stunning my dear! Your image just glows!!! Love the ribbon treatment at the bottom and of course your raindrops really make the card! Yellow rubber boots - is there any other color???
Hugs,
Barb

Fisherlnzq said...

Wow Pat,what a gorgeous card,the inside is a pretty as the outside! Just Love IT!!! Hugs Heidy

Fahry yusuf said...

visite site Thank you for this article. Visit Website I'd also like to convey that it can become hard if you are in school and merely starting out to create a long credit history. Visit Your URL There are many college students who are simply just trying to make it through and have a protracted or favourable credit history is often a difficult thing to have. visit web