Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pearls & flowers at Mo's!

Happy Thursday! Whooohoooo! Y'know what that means, right? It means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Our very own talented - and now, quite famous South African TV star - Paola, is our hostess again this week! And she's come up with another fun challenge theme: Pearls & Flowers. Seriously, it was like sweet, sweet music to my ears when I heard this week's theme! LOL!

I used a cutie patootie Mo Manning image named Nelly!! You can find her, along with hundreds of other fabulous images, at Mo's DP2 online store! I'd been admiring some of your "Nelly" cards these past weeks and thought I lacked the patience to color all of those leaves and petals. Well, d'ya know what I discovered? I was RIGHT!! I DON'T have the patience to color each and every petal and leaf! LOL! But...I powered through...and I'm actually quite pleased with the results! Phewwww! I have to admit, slowing down and coloring such teensy little items was uber relaxing...and  very enjoyable! Who knew?! hehehe!! Here's a little artsy view...


I broke out my Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities...the circle and scalloped circle...and just got busy layering these scrumptious October Afternoon DPs and SU Certainly Celery cardstock. Then I used some string pearls to weave in and out of my nestie, added some individual pearls, attached some gorgeous roses from Wild Orchid Crafts...stuck on a couple of little bows...and voila!!! Cute, huh? I've decided to enter this little cutie into Wild Orchid's Challenge # 24 as well.


Now...pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous paper creations made by my incredibly talented DT sisters....then make your own fabby project using at least one Mo Manning image and some pearls and flowers. Be sure you enter your masterpiece into this week's challenge...just link to the little Blue Frog thingie. And, who knows? You may just win a free Mo Manning digi image!! YAY!!

Thanks so much, my darlins'. I always love it when you come to visit...and I especially love it when you take the time to leave me comments...in fact, it truly makes my day!! Hugs to you all. Until next time...

41 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous work Pat, truly beautiful.Your colouring is amazing.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Pat, pearls and flowers everyone's dream task I think.
Hugs Cheryl

Karen's Fun Blog said...

So very, very pretty! : )

Danielle said...

Wow, what a beautiful card.

Hugs,
Danielle

Dena said...

STUNNING Pat! Wow! You outdid yourself on this very pretty card. LOVE that image and need to remember the name.
Hugs, Dena

Sheila said...

A card full of gorgeousness sweetie, loving the green/peach colour combo on this one.
Hugs GF.
Sheila xx

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Patty Pat! Your exquisite coloring and the number of layers on this card make it so stunning!!! I love the October Afternoon line and using the Spellbinder's Grands is a fabulous idea! This card is just plain gorgeous!
Hugs,
Barb

heidy said...

Hi Pat,this is fabolous,love the colours Green and Orange work so well together!
Hugs Heidy

Rene said...

Oh gosh Pat! Green and peach perfection! Isn't she just darling?!? Love the scalloped card too...just gorgeous!
Rene :D

Dorcas said...

THis is super gorgeous, Pat! You always have such creative juices at work, love all your different designs. Coloring is superb.
Coloring leaves..yes....I tell you when I can color in a mO image in less than 2 hours I will be celebrating!

Christina C. said...

WOW...this is breathtaking!!!! Such a gorgeous easel card and the image is absolutely precious!
Your coloring skills are phenomenal.

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty shape card. Love the wrap around pearl chain and the touch of flowers. Very cute colored image :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

fairysparkle said...

Ohh me likey very much and its a bit different too ,love the colourway you have chosen love Fairysparkle.x

Card Crazy said...

Pat, she's just precious. Your papers and flowers are perfect and that image is too cute for words! Love your coloring talent!
Sue S.

Debbie said...

Well, I am glad you kept on going with ALL the flowers, because your persistence paid off. this came our gorgeous, and I must agree sometimes, I don't have the patience either. I also what to say, that I didn't think I need the grand nesties, but After seeing your magnificent creation...well, looks like I'll be shopping this weekend.

Hugs
Debbie

Pen to Paper said...

WOW!!!! Pat!!! This card is so beautiful. I love all the different detailing. Absolutely gorgeous!!

Hugs,

Jackie

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Pat, love the colours and sweet image
Clairexx

Tracy said...

Trust me Pat, it was worth all the time and effort you took for those flowers and leaves! Gorgeous! The design of this card is just so pretty. Really love this one! Hugs!

grandmabonnie said...

I am super impressed, this is so gorgeous...too pretty! It would be on my mantle.

Shanna Shands said...

Love your cards! This is amzaing.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Pat,
WOw, what a stunning card! Love those great spring colors and that image is adorable. Gosh how I've missed all these beauties!
Hugs,
Leslie

Norma said...

Wowzer, Pat. A gorgeous card featuring an adorable Mo’s image. I love how you bring it to life with your fabulous colouring. Wonderful colour combo. I’m liking orange or peach more and more these days—it’s sort of a new pink…LOL. Love love love the way you’ve woven that string of pearls in and out of the lacy holes. I’m going to use that on one of my cards one day. TSF.
Hugs,
Norma

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Pat, love your DP's - such lovely colours. Carol x

Dawn B. said...

Well Nellie never looked so good. LOVE these round cards. They look terrific made into a creation. I need to get mine out and use them..:) Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

She is just adorable!

Candy said...

Most beautiful, Pat!!
Hugs, Candy

cathylynn said...

Good Grief Pat this card is so darn BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow the fabulous layers and details and that stamp is sooooooo yummy! Love those pearls intertwined too. You are one very very talented lady!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sandy said...

Can I copy what Cathy just said? You just keep cranking em out dear friend. Pat, I am just shaking my head in disbelief - how can anyone be this talented. You don't have just one style - you a a zillion styles and you are like the Energizer bunny!!!!!! I love all your cards Pat and I cannot wait until I copy this beauty. I am soooo glad you do not have one of those things on your blog saying you will take me to prison if I copy you. Now that is a good friend. Your coloring is awesome. I just sighed the sigh heard round the world.
Love YOU! Sandy

Tracy V. said...

This is so pretty Pat. I love the circles you used and the coloring is gorgeous. I especially love how you did her hair! Tooooo cute! You have a great holiday weekend...hope you are traveling somewhere fun!
Hugs,
Tracy Valure

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, beautifully coloured and love the design!
Helen x

Peggie said...

Sweet, sweet card. Love the pearls intertwined in the diecut.

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, loving the colours, gorgeous work, big hugs love pops x x x

Kelly Neis said...

I just love this card, it is gorgeous. Really cute and so sweet.

Elaine L. said...

Pat, I love this card! The pearls woven through the scallops are a great touch! I may have to use that idea!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful image, beautifully coloured and I love the shape, the pretty flowers and all the pearls! Hugs, Lesley

Cheryl said...

This is just so beautiful - from the colors you used to the way you intertwined the pearls with the scallops in the paper. That's an idea I'm going to remember!
Cheryl

Maria said...

WOW Pat! So loving this beauty and how you've woven the pearls around the die! Absolutely stunning colouring and the combo of layers just perfection. Hugs, Maria

carrie-lee said...

wow fabby card hun, its adorable xxx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

This card caught my eye over at the WOC blog. Simply stunning; the color combo is so fresh, the image is beautifully colored, so many details (very clever & pretty how you woven the pearl string around the die). Well done!

Boxofcolours said...

OMG Pat, simply stunning, wow, I love this!! By the way, how are you getting on with your pencils?? ~ Jane

Else Irene Meling said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us as WOC ♥