Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's black & white & read (red) all over?

A newspaper!! bwahahaha!! Well, let me tell ya, that joke was really, really funny when I was a kid! hehehe!

Ok...so, get this...I was oh sooooo proud of myself for getting my DT project done early. My celebration was short-lived, tho, when I realized I wasn't early at all! It's a fact...here we are, second Tuesday of the month already!! Time flies when you're having fun! And I've been having lotsa fun lately....especially since I cut my hours at work back to 32 hrs/week  (instead of 40). Now I have an extra day each week to craft! Wooohoooo!

So...this week's challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog is hosted by our own sweet and very, very, VERY talented DT sistah, Norma! And it's a fun one!!

Black & White PLUS one other color!!

Well...I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to ink up my adorable and oft neglected Ladybug Tilda, currently on re-order at Magnolia-licious...Diana Crick's online store for the best collection of Magnolia Stamps in all of North America...including those cutie patootie Mini Maggies! My third color (in case you hadn't figure it out already)...is RED!! So...tell me...what'cha think?


I have to admit, I'm quite tickled with how this card turned out! Pretty much everything came from Stampin' Up! Cardstock (Real Red, Very Vanilla, & Black) and DPs, ribbon (I love this wide ribbon...and just ordered a bunch more in a variety of colors!!), brads, and sentiment. Here's a (sort of) side view....



And a fun "artsy fartsy" angle...


I used Copic Sketch markers (E21, 00, 000, R20, 22, 24, 27, and several of the C colors) and Prismacolor pencils for a bit more depth. I can't, for the life of me, remember what colors I used for Tilda's hair...sorry! It was prob my "go to" hair colors (E53, 51, 50 with a little E15 and YR20). Here are a couple of pics of the inside...you may recognize DreamyTilda (currently available at Magnolia-licious as a Mini Maggie!).



I love the cute - and functional - pocket!


So, there you go! Your next step is to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog to check out the drop-dead-gorgeous collection of artwork by my talented Design Teamies! Please be sure to leave some love for your ever so talented Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog DT. Then put on your thinking caps and start working on your very own Black & White & one other color masterpiece!! Remember to enter your project into this month's color challenge by linking to the Inlinkz Blue Frog thingie! Then sit back, cross your fingers and toes, and maybe even hold your breath for a couple of seconds! And who knows? You may be the lucky winner (chosen at random) of a fabby $25.00 gift certificate for your very own private Magnolia-licious Shopping Spreeeeee!

That's it for me...time for bed!! Thanks so much for stopping by for a quick visit. And thanks for your kind comments on my paper pretties! Sending warm Spring hugs your way...until next time....

27 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card Pat,inside and out,love the colour scheme,the paper dp and wonderfully coloured Tilda.janex

Chrissy said...

I was going to say a sun burnt zebra....which was sooo funny when I was a kid,as we used to think we had tricked our POP...anyway back to the present..Your card is fabulous.I adore that stripe wide ribbon,I have it in pink [ I'm saving it] Tilda is beautifully coloured. and the design...fantastic.Love the big polka dots on the inside too.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
What a winner you have come up with tonight!!
So beautifully coloured :o) Both Tilda's just shine!!
Love your design and the inside is wonderful.
Fabby papers and embellishments!
Big hugs, Candy

Cheryl said...

oh this is one stunning card love the backing paper and the inside is,gorgeous too hugs cherylx

Molecraft said...

Stunning card Pat, love the colours, layout, everything! I remember that joke too, it's still amusing even now!
Helen x

cabio's craft corner said...

This is such a fun card. The newsprint background DP is awesome. The. Inside pocket card is just as adorable :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria said...

Picking up my jaw now! This is simply put STUNNING! Papers, bow and brad embellies are perfect! Gorgeous colouring and let me say that I am in love with this layout with the inside pocket and the lace border trim ~ all of it inside and out. Always a pleasure to visit your blog cause I'm both inspired by your 'pretties' PLUS your posts always always always have me giggling and/or smiling. Hugs, Maria

Only By His Grace said...

You are so funny Pat. I told my hubby that joke and of course he knew it. How clever to use the newspaper print on your card...heehee
I love it. I love the super big striped bow and the square of dotted paper. your coloring of course is beautiful. I love the inside of your card too. Fabulous job.
Hugs Maz

Carol said...

The old ones are always the best..lol This card is gorgeous Pat, need to get my thinking cap on for this one. Carol x

Debbie said...

You always go that extra mile when creating a card, from the newspaper print in the background, to the GORGEOUS bow, down to that adorable Tilda in the inside...You Go Girl!!! and I didn't have to wait until Thursday,... even better... this is just so adorable. Have a great day!!!!
Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat , no wonder you are tickled over this card, she's a real beauty! I must say I love reading your posts they always make me smile, with your wonderful sense of humour. I hope I have enough time to enter this challenge it's a good one, and my very first order from Diana arrived yesterday so now I have some new Tilda's to play with Yay. Have a great day. Hugs Cheryl

Angela said...

LOL -love the "artsy fartsy" angle shot! Beautiful card Pat! You can't go wrong with black white and red! Love love this Tilda and still have yet to color her myself but you have done an amazing job. Love the look of the newspaper background and that ribbon is awesome! I have to get some of that! Great job!! big hugs, Angela

Debra G Smith said...

Love it...Love it...Where do I start. Let's see the bow is just too cute, the coloring on the images are awesome, and the paper you used is fabulous. So very creative how you put it all together. LOVE IT!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh I ADORE this card, Pat!!!! The papers are FABULOUS and of course Tilda is stunning with your amazing coloring skills! Love the ribbon and brads too. Oh heck...I love it all!!!!! LOL!
hugs, Sharon

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, stunning creation, love the colours on that fab image, gorgeous, hugs ♥ Pops x x x

Marianne said...

First of all: What a beautiful colorcombination is this. Awaysome coloring and a gorgeous paperchoise.
Hugs Marianne

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Very pretty! Love everything about it!!!!

Sandy said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Pat - love the wide ribbon - your coloring can not be beat - would love to watch you (on something other than skype). Amazing card - wonderful!!
XO
Sandy

Norma said...

Pat, your card is perfection itself! Love your choice of other colour. The way you’ve coloured this Ladybug Tilda is truly awesome. You’re right that it’s a forgotten stamp as I don’t think I’ve used mine yet either.. LOL..shame on me!
It was a wowzer of a card when I’ve only seen the front of the card. Now that I’ve seen the inside too, it’s just more remarkable. Luv luv luvvvvv…your card!!!.

Hugs,
Norma

Love the cute 'Hey, You' sentiment.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card! I absolutely love it! I love the colouring you've done on this cute stamp - and the bow is precious!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

I love this card.....everything about it is just perfect! : )

Ribbon Girl said...

Stunning card Pat, love the heart brad in centre of wide stripe - fab! Your centre pages with spots perfectly compliments the newstype front - it really is a fabulous card! When I was young (as my family say, when dinasaurs still roamed !!) I also thought that joke was funny! Enjoy your reduced work hours - loads of fun is better than one days pay! Mary G x

Iulia said...

Hi, Pat!
How I love reading your posts! They are always so funny; I guess life is never dull around you:)
You know what, I knew a similar joke but theanswer was a sunburnt zebra or pinguin, never thought of a newspaper..lol
Now on to your card: you have chosen a great stamp- perfect for these colors and I love so much the way you colored her. The newspaper background showcases perfectly this cutie here and that huge bow is to die for. Loev the coordinating brads and the inside looks awesome. Yes, a truly fabulous card! Love it!
Have a great week sweetie! It was a pleasure for me to come by!
Hugs, Iulia

angelwhispers said...

My this is just gorgeous the image is just perfect with these gorgeous papers and the ribbon just perfect!! Chanelle xxx

Card Crazy said...

Oh, I Do LOVE this card! Not only is it my fave color combo, it's just wonderful! The striped ribbon, the background print paper - now I know for sure what's black and white and (read) all over! TFS
Sue S.

Barb Hardeman said...

My favorite all time color combo is red/white/black! You've done a stunning job on this one! Love that 'functional pocket' on the inside and what a cute ribbon stamp! A stunning card...hugs...Barb

Fahry yusuf said...

Thanks for the thoughts you have provided here. In addition, I believe there are several factors which really keep your automobile insurance premium straight down. visit web One is, to think about buying vehicles that are within the good set of car insurance corporations. Visit Website Cars that happen to be expensive tend to be more at risk of being snatched. Visit Your URL Aside from that insurance policies are also based on the value of your car, so the more pricey it is, then the higher your premium you have to pay. visite site