Sunday, May 8, 2011

Artistic Goddess!

Hi friends...and happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!! Even if you don't actually celebrate Mother's Day where you are...celebrate anyway!! As you may know, I'm trying to master coloring with pencils...some days I do better than others! LOL! Anyway...here's a card I've been working on using my Prismacolor pencils. This little image is called "Artistic Goddess"...she's available - along with a whole bunch of other fun "Simply Sassy" stamps - at Funky Kits. I will admit...this card is a huge departure for me! Instead of soft & pretty, vintage, or clean & simple...I went with funky and a little crazy!


This card was made completely for fun...so please be kind, I'm still new at the colored pencil thing! Anyway, I thought I'd enter it in this fortnight's challenge over at the Sugar Bowl. If you haven't been there for a visit...you definitely should! The Sweeties have created some really gorgeous cards using some of the fun Sugar Nellie stamps available at Funky Kits...plus, a little birdie told me that next weekend there will be a new set of Simply Sassy stamps released! Woooohooo!!

That's it for me...thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments! They really make me smile! Have a beautiful day. Until next time....

18 comments:

paola said...

OOHH! I'm first! i think you did a fabulous job coloring with your pencils Pat and that hair is to die for doll, i love that you used these funky bright colors too, stunning!
smiles
Paola

Dorcas said...

Oh Pat! You're an artist no matter which medium you use. Your coloring is awesome!! Really good. And that sentiment is perfect!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Alberto said...

OMG! love this very artistic card! the image is super cute and colored like an artist!

hugs, Alberto

Marianne said...

This is stunning! No matter with what you coloring, it is always so beautiful. You're an artist. I like the sentiment that goes with this card.
Hugs Marianne

cathylynn said...

Pat this card is GREAT!! I love the girl artist and your use of the bright colors. Hey I think you already mastered your use of colored pencils because you did a magnificient job. Your sentiment is great too! Heck I love the whole card!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Debbie said...

Pat, I'd say you already mastered the pencils, and I love the bright colors you used. You just Rocked this this little Artistic beauty!!!

Hugs
Debbie

and Happy Mother's Day

heidy said...

Oh Pat,this is gorgeous,you did used the pencils so well,and love the sentiment
Funny Fab card!!
Hugs Heidy

charlene said...

Pat this is just adorable and I have to agree I think you did a great job with the pencils.
Happy Mother's Day to you !
Hugs♥

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, your colouring is gorgeous excellent job. Happy Mothers Day.
Hugs Cheryl

Sandy said...

What a fun card Pat - Love the design you have used - incredible! Your coloring is stunning.
Sandy

Candy said...

OH I love the colours you have used, Pat!
GREAT card!!
Your colouring is wonderful too :o)
Hugs, Candy

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, biggest of hugs ♥ pops x x x

Molecraft said...

Hi Pat, your colouring is fabulous and love the funky colours!
Helen x

Iulia said...

Oh...this is a completely different side of Pat I knew but still so very beautiful! Your card looks AMAZING! No idea why you are not so confident- your Prisma coloring is awesome! I must try this too one of these days.
Love the message of your card and the gorgeous bright colors. Everything works so well together. Great work!
Hugs and have a happy week hun!
Iulia

Maria said...

Woohoo for Funky and a little crazy! OMG you are 'da bomb' with the pencils woman!! Ooooooh that hair is fantasticuliciously amazing, the layout groovy and that sentiment is sheer perfection!!! WOW, Wow, wow is all I can say. Hugs, Maria

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie :) so great to see you playing with the sugar bowl sketch again!

Erika said...

Beautiful and colourful Pat, thanks for taking part. x

Fahry yusuf said...

Thanks for your recommendations on this blog. visite site Just one thing I would choose to say is always that purchasing electronic devices items on the Internet is nothing new. Visit Your URL In truth, in the past decade alone, the market for online consumer electronics has grown noticeably.Visit Website Today, you can find practically any kind of electronic system and product on the Internet, which include cameras and camcorders to computer components and gaming consoles. visit web