Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A lifetime of happiness...

Hi friends...I hope you've had a great couple of weeks! I can hardly believe it's the 4th Tuesday of May already! I have no idea where the month has gone! I do know this, tho...it's time for another fabulous challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Whoohoooo!! So...our very sweet and talented Design Teamie, Norma, is our hostess again...and she's chosen a photo of this simple, yet elegant dining room (at least I think it's a dining room...although I don't see any craft supplies...and I know some people keep their crafting goodies in the dining room! hehehe!) But, I digress...here's the photo that Norma has chosen to help inspire us all....


Gorgeous, huh? So...here's what I came up with for this month's Inspiration Challenge...


Our daughter, Jenna, called last week to share some exciting news...she's engaged to be married! We're so happy for her and her fiance, Adam. So I thought I'd make a little "Best Wishes" card to help them celebrate! Here's a close-up of Tilda & Edwin...this time I'm imagining that Edwin is hugging Tilda (unlike the last time I used this adorable stamp...when I commented that it looked like Edwin was trying to choke poor Tilda! LOL!!)


They're so dang cute, aren't they? I colored Tilda & Edwin with Copics & Prismacolor pencils: E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); E29, 25, 23, 50 (hair); G99, 94, 82, 40 & BG93 (greens); BV13, 11, 02, 02, 00, 000, 0000 (lavenders); W1 & 0 (shadow); and C2, 1, 0 (ground). Here's a side view...


Cardstock is from Stampin' Up (Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, & Mellow Moss); Always Artichoke seam binding (SU); DPs & pearl embellie are from my stash; the scrummy flowers, lace, and metal corner embellishment are all from Wild Orchids Crafts. And of course the Tilda & Edwin image is called Brother and Sister and is available from Magnolia-licious, my fave store for all things Magnolia!! Here's a peek at the inside...you'll notice I used another fun Magnolia love border stamp (I can't, for the life of me, remember what it's called...but I do know I got it from Diana's store). It's a fabby little somethin' that can be used to "jazz up" the corner of any card or envelope. Clever, right?

And, of course, the standard "artsy" angle for your viewing pleasure... (I know, I know...I won't quit my day job for a career in photography! hehehe!)


I had such fun making this card! I've never been a "purple person"...but I kinda like the purple with the greens and ivory...with a little distressing. Whatcha think?

OK...now pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my exceptionally talented DT sistahs!! You won't be disappointed, I promise!! Then get your crafting goodies out and start on your own paper project. Remember...Diana Crick, owner of Magnolia-licious, has generously donated a $25.00 gift voucher for one lucky challenge participant (selected at random). Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to. Now...go...have fun!! Until next time, sweet friends....

29 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wonderful news,hope they are very happy together.
gorgeous card,super colouring,colours and design.
janex

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat , love your engagement card it's soooo beautiful, and your colouring is perfection. Hugs Cheryl

cabio's craft corner said...

Wonderful colored image and lovely distressing. Lots of lovely layers and the metal corner is classy :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Debbie said...

I am so excited for your CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and what a perfect perfect card you made for them. Those colors are so rich and lush and those flowers, what can I say about them.. They are just the right touch.

Hugs
Debbie

Marlies said...

Congratulations with your daughters engagement! You made a gorgeous card for them!
hugs, Marlies

Tracy V. said...

Love this Pat. The colors look beautiful together!! Congrats to your daughter!!

Tracy

Dena said...

Stunning Pat! This will make her day!!!! Love the choice of embellies you used and the gorgeous papers!
Hugs, Dena

Dorcas said...

OK, well lets say that they're hugging this time since its an engagement card (a big COnGRATS by the way) and then when its their 5th or 6th anniversary you can say he's choking her. LOL
As always Pat you amaze me with your skill. Gorgeous card!!

Sharon Caudle said...

oooooo....so beautiful!!!!! Love the papers and colors and your coloring always blows me away!!! Gorgeous creation Ms Pat!!! So sorry I've been a stranger! Just need more time away from work! LOL! Have a wondeful day!
hugs, Sharon

Angela said...

So gorgeous Pat! Your coloring is stunning on this sweet couple! I love the pretty papers and embellies you used. Wonderful colors too! :) Congrats to your daughter on getting engaged. An exciting time for sure! hugs, Angela

Bernadet said...

congrats to your daughter Pat!!
and your card, oooh my, it's so great!!!!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Congratulations on your daughter's engagement.
What wonderful news!
Your card is a perfect one for the young couple.
Your colouring is beautiful :o)
Great design - love all the papers and that corner - WOW.
Your inside is just as lovely with the 'Loving Border' from the 'You Are So Special' Collection.
Hugs, Candy

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Pat, adorable image and beautiful colours! Congratulations on your daughter's engagement!
Helen x

Norma said...

Pat, such a gorgeous card. I love it! Love this adorable image of Tilda an Edwin and your colouring is always beautiful. Just love the way you blend your colours. Lovely DP's and love your layout. Love the dried lavender. The inside of your card is just as beautiful.
hugs,
Norma

The Crystal Elephant said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is very good xx

Pops x said...

Oh sweetie your card is so very beautiful!

Gorgeous colours and details!

Biggest of hugs love Pops x xx

Kiki said...

Wow, Pat, your coloring is soooooooo amazing!!! Simply fantastic! And I really love all the details you've added to your card!

Hugs, Kiki

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie!
Big congrats first of all to your daughter and your soon to be son in law! Wish them a lifetime of happiness too! Oh, I remember how I felt back then too with him being so overwhelmed and me waiting impatiently for him to come up with the proposal...lol. Sheer lotery, that's for sure:)
Back to your card now! This is the perfect stamp on this occasion- never seemed to me that she was chocked but now that you mention...lol! You seemed to have included every shade and nuance from Norma's photoo and I just love this elegant warm colors.Great interpretation!
Also love the lace trim and the way you tucked the sentiment beneath the image. Really clever! Last but not least, those papers and your coloring are gorgeousness!!! Perfect choice of everything to make a perfect card!
Hugs to you hun and all the best for the happy couple!
Iulia

Meesh said...

I love this sweet card! Your coloring is fabulous as well as the colors you used. Great job!!

Nancy-on the Illinois/Wisconsin line said...

LOVE.......LOVE......LOVE your card! Your coloring is totally wonderful!.and........your choice of papers is also wonderful! Did I say "I LOVE your card!!!" WOW....I am impressed.

Nancy

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Love your interpretation of the color scheme and I LOVE this stamp. Adorable Adorable Adorable!
Hugs,
Leslie

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oh wow! what a sweet card! and perfect for this challenge too!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is really adorable!! I love your take on the inspiration and the colors!! Beautifully done!! :)

Chris said...

What a wonderful combination for your coloration, Pat. I love that you used the pencils with the markers. It really created a very soft effect! I so love your work. This is also one of my favorite stamps. You did a gorgeous job! Thanks for the inspiration!

XO,
Chris Christensen

cathylynn said...

Congratulations Pat on your daughter's engagement! Good reason to produce another magnificient card and you sure did with this one. I too love that stamp and you colored it to perfection. Great layout and details and those colors are marvelous together. I love it all!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sandy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful - very soft - very sweet - excellent design work and use of lace and ribbon. And to think - it was just yesterday that you colored that blue ball!!!!!!
Love you
Sandy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat!
Gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the color choice. The flowers look awesome. Love the lace border with the ribbon. super DP's. Lovely coloring of Tilda and Edwin. Wonderful inside as well.
Congrats to your daughter.
Hugs Maz

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, first of all Congratulations ! and what a lovely card for a happy couple. How fun it is to try something out of our comfort zone and end up with such a delightful result. this stamp is among my very very favourites. just after Tilda blowing bubble. Sooo I am delighted. Your image is wonderfully colored, with shades that create such a "unity". Love your bouquet. Totally ADORABLE.

Hugs. & have a lovely weekend.
D.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Tilda and Edwin look absolutely divine in this setting Pat. Gorgeous colourwork and gorgeous colours and papers - inside and out! Hugs, Lesley