Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summertime...and the livin' is easy!

Do you remember that song? It's an oldie...(from the 50's or 60's) and I can't recall who sang it. But I remember hearing it in my youth...a long, long time ago!! Well...guess what? Our very sweet and insanely talented DT sistah and this week's "Hostess with the Mostest", Sheila, has come up with a fabulous...and fun theme for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge...Yep...this week's challenge theme is...

Here Comes Summer!!

Yikes...isn't that fabulous? The possibilities are endless!! Well...here's what I came up with...using one of my very fave Mo Manning sweethearts, Strawberry Girl...available for your immediate purchase and downloadage (that's a word I just made up...cool, huh?) HERE at Mo's Digital Pencil Too!


Seriously, could this little girl be ANY cuter?! This reminds me...have you ever had the opportunity to pick strawberries and eat them as soon as you picked 'em? Soooo deliciously sweet and juicy, right? And that little extra dirt stuck to them when freshly picked made them all the more flavorful, right? Well, I wouldn't know because my mother wouldn't let us kids eat any fruit until is was properly washed and sanitized! LOL!! It's true...I lived such a sheltered childhood...but I have to admit, I never got sick from eating dirty fruit! (At least not that I know of, anyway! LOLOLOL!) Well...so much for fresh-picked strawberries...but I tell ya, they still remind me of Summer!!


Aren't these DPs the most delicious?! Strawberries without the dirt! I think even my mom would approve! They came from Making Memories "English Garden" collection. The Real Red & Bordering Blue cardstock is from SU. Love these colors together!! The rubies came from my great great grandmother (just kidding...they're red rhinestones!)...the ribbon is from my stash...and that sentiment is from some fun new stamps I just got from LOTV!! I colored this cutie with Copics & prismacolor pencils. I'm liking pencils more and more. And when used with Copics, they add some fabulous richness and depth!


I used Nestabilities and my MS punches for the inside. Don'tcha just love this strawberry charm? It's the perfect little embellie! Well, I think so anyway! And, last, but by no means least...the "artsy fartsy" pic....


I'm not sure if you can see or not...but this little darlin' has red polish on her fingernails & toenails! That's a little tribute to our 4 gorgeous granddaughters (Emma, Sophie, Ava, Mia) who love getting manis & pedies...and have since they were 2 or 3 years old...funny!!

So...that's enough rambling from me! Now be a sweetheart and pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the fabby summer inspiration by my amazingly fun and talented Design Teamies!! And then...well you know what comes next...GET BUSY CRAFTIN'!!

Remember...we'll be scouting for next month's Guest Designer for one more week...so, if you're interested in having some fun with Mo's DT, please add GD to your name when you enter this week's challenge!!

Have a wonderful, strawberry nibbling week, my friends. Big, thankful hugs to all of you...until next time....

24 comments:

Christina C. said...

What a delightful card, inside and out! Love this adorable image and the design of your card. Magnificent, as always!

tilly said...

a stunning card with this fab DP and colours, I love it
Tilly

Danielle said...

OH!!!! Pat, how totally delicious! I love red and strawberries! this cutie is totally awesome. Your card is so very sweet, love the paper and all the bows with polka dots. Sweet summer card.
Love everything about it!!!
Hugs.

Dorcas said...

Beautiful card, Pat! Its strawberry season here in NC right now and yup, nothing like hot strawberries straight from the field.Which reminds me I need to go picking ONE last time...lol
I just love all the charms you manage to bag. Must go charm shopping!
Really gorgeous card, Pat!

Cynthia said...

This is SO adorable, Pat. Your coloring of this sweet image is great. Lovely design inside AND out!

Pops x said...

Stunning sweetie hugs pops x x x

Sandy said...

She is so sweet - as always your design work is impeccable and your coloring fantastic!!!! The inside is gorgeous too!
XO Sandy

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is so gorgeous, Pat, beautifully colored and decorated -fantastic! Some of your comments just cracked me up - you are too funny. I just had to tell you how much I love your work! Thanks for sharing!

angelwhispers said...

My word what a beauty!!! Just adore the image and what fabulous papers and detail!! Just to die for!! Chanelle xxx

Penni said...

What a stunning card. Love the layout and cute image. The colours are fantastic too.

Hugs
Penni
X

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card Pat, she is the cutest, I don't often use red, but you nailed it.
Hugs Cheryl

Grenouille Greetings said...

I have had house guests and have been a naughty commentator then blogger went down but I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on your recent makes. Every one of them is beautiful! I loved your Ladybug Tilda - gorgeous ribbon treatment! And your Mo image cards are delightful!
Hugs Lesley

Pascale said...

Hi Pat this is so pretty. I love the red, white and blue and the inside is as beautiful as the outside. I love the hightlights and shading in the colouring. Thanks for your beautiful gift which arrived this week.
Hugs Pascale :0) xxx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, biggest of hugs love pops x x x

Debbie said...

Love this!!! Your coloring as always is just magnificent, and the papers you chose are just perfect for this adorable image.

Hugs
Debbie

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the colours and such a sweet image! I used to pick strawberries and eat them all the time and never made me ill lol!
Helen x

Cheryl said...

I really love the colors you used. I'm awed by the way you color hair. I'm taking note -
Cheryl

Flutterby Trina said...

Stunning card! xx

Ann English said...

Oh, so cute! Love the DP and the image, well, it's Mo's so LOVE it!

Barb Hardeman said...

Luscious and delicious! I can just smell that sweet strawberry fragrance from your beautifully colored berries! Absolutely gorgeous card and your finishing touches inside and out are a delight!
Hugs,
Barb

Iulia said...

Hi Pat! Your card is simply adorable! Now, isn't this little girl here simply the cutest? I just looked forward for an oportunity to make a card with this adorable creature. You have colored her so beautifully and the blue white and red work so nicely together! Love the papers you have chosen and these Martha Stewart punches you have used make your card so elegant and sweet. Definitely a card to cherish- love it!
Hugs sweetie and enjoy the beutiful Sunday!
Iulia

mimibricole said...

your card is so, sooooo beautiful!
this stamp is absolutely one of the cuttest I've ever seen, and your card makes it look even cuter!
I love both outside and also inside of your card!

It reminds me strawwberries I was used to eat at this period of the year with my mom... Mmmmm

Sandy said...

Sometimes I think I am going absolutely bonkers!! I thought I had posted on this sweet thing. My mind is all amuck! Isn't that song from Porgy and Bess -- I know I can sing it - "so hush pretty baby - don't you cry" Is that the song? Your paper is beautiful and I love those cute little bows. Pat you are so dog gone talented. Your designs are incredible and I have so many plans to copy you cause you like to share!! Isn't that what friends are for. Love this precious card.
XO
Sandy

Fahry yusuf said...

visite site We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Visit Your URL Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. Visit Website You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you. visit web