Thursday, May 19, 2011

Color me DISTRESSED!!

Remember last week when I was s'posed to make a card using a "monochromatic" theme? I added yellow boots...I couldn'tg resist! What can I say? Rule following is sometimes a challenge for me! LOL! So this week, for Mo's DP2 Challenge #83, our very own uber-talented DT sister, Paola, has chosen "Distressing" as our theme! Well...for some reason, I decided to use some DP scraps...and came up with this fun monochromatic card! (This one was created with you in mind, Sheila! hehehe!) Whatcha think?


So, as you can see, I colored this fun Mo Manning image in grey tone Copic sketch markers. Her name is Checking FB and I gotta confess, coloring her skin GREY really freaked me out! In fact...the total lack of color was soooo DISTRESSING for me!! I'm not kidding! LOL! Anyway...here's my "artsy" view


So...you know the drill, right? Pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out my very, very talented Design Teamies' projects. I promise you, you'll be blown away!! Then get busy with your own "Distressing" project using at least one Mo Manning image! Be sure to enter your little masterpiece into this week's challenge (use that little blue frog thingie!) and you may be next week's lucky winner of a fabby Mo Manning digi image! Thanks so much sweet friends, for stopping by and for your beautiful comments. Until next time...

19 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, you nailed the monochromatic theme 2nd time around. I would have freaked out coloring grey skin as well, unless it "Herman Monster" or something oh wait he has green skin...Oh Well,

Just to let you know, I loved the yellow boots anyway, it popped the card. Gorgeous as always girlfriend..

Hugs
Debbie

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable. I love the designer paper and ribbon together. You talked me into Chinese take out last night. :)

Sheila said...

Now Pat what a daft question to ask me What do I think you ask well let me tell you sistah I think you ROCK!!!.
This is awesome as ever my lovely friend.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Wow! I love this!! : )

Danielle said...

Toooo cute Pat. So very "girl", I love all about it: the papers are so well chose, the magnificient bow. What about this cup charm? so so so pretty too. utterly feminine! Way to start a day.
Gorgeous card.
Hugs.

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous, Pat!!!! You really did an awesome job on this card...very artsy!

Molecraft said...

Fabulous monochrome card Pat, love it!
Helen x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! Lovely papers, great image and lovely ribbon!
hugs, Marlies

Marianne said...

You are an artist and a great designer. The way you work out a challenge. But I love how you combinate everything. Paperpaper as background, an iamge with a female typing, and then a sentiment: Have you heard? With female doesn't recognize this scene?
Hugs Marianne

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is absolutley gorgeous, perfect in every way, big hugs love Pops x x x

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the teacup charm.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely black, white and grey colour combo. Fabulous image and love that big bold stripey ribbon! Hugs, Lesley

Iulia said...

Oh, I just love it, my dear! I really started to enjoy these monochromatic cards and you did an amazing job here! Love the newspaper background ( you know, I actually started reading about how to destroy insects there...lol:)) and I might "borrow" the idea for a future card:)
This is a change in your style and I truly love it. It can be a perfect gift for a friend on any ordinary day just to cheer her/him up. This is such a funny image and your monochromatic coloring is just perfect, as if a black and white picture. Love the striped bow too.
Hugs sweetie and enjoy your weekend!
Hugz, Iulia

Sandy said...

Really neat layout Pat - I love paper with printing on it. Love the way you have done your bow too. Beautiful card!
XO
Sandy

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this is wonderful! I love all the embellishments, and the sentiment on the front is perfect with this image.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cool distressing Pat. Lovely light touch using the grey scheme on this image and the card is very pretty :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cathy said...

Pat, this is awesome, love the coloring and elements, so perfect for a distressed look.

Ellie said...

Your card turned out beautiful Pat. The gray looks just amazing! And what a great sketch!!

Mina said...

I know exactly what you mean about colouring the skin grey I have tried to do it to lol...your monochromatic card is amazing Pat, I love it and the text paper is a great idea
Mina xxx