Monday, March 22, 2010

Tilda in polka-dots...



Happy Monday, everyone. I woke up to a thunderstorm this morning. The puppies went outside, took one look at the rain, and turned right around and came back inside! Not to worry, though...the storm moved through Richmond pretty quickly...and now the sun is trying to peek out...so the pups were able to go outside after all! Needless to say, I decided it was a perfect day to hang out in my craft room! Here's sweet little Tilda in pink & lavender polka-dots. The truth is, I had no intention of covering Tilda's pinafore with polka-dots...but, when I removed the cap from one of my Copic markers, I splashed a small spot of ink right on the pinafore! So...I improvised...and Tilda got herself some polka-dots!! (LOL). Oh...and then I decided to add some Inkssentials Glossy Accents to her shoes, ribbons, and polka-dots (to make them really stand out!) Designer paper came from K & Company...and here are the Copics I used:

Face: E11, 00, 000, R20
Hair: E25, 99, 33, YR21
Dress & socks: RV25, 23, 21
Pinafore: V17, 12, & 000 (I used V17 & RV 25 for the dots)
Shoes: C9, 7, 5, 3, 1

Thanks so much for stopping by...and thanks for your comments! Have a beautiful evening! (I'm already planning my next 3 cards!) Pat

15 comments:

angel4031 said...

Gorgoeus xx

Kerry said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the polka-dot pinafore! Good thinking! Delightful card. Thanks for sharing. Kerry Peasland

Summerthyme Studio said...

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY cute! Love all the stripes!

Vicki

Barb Hardeman said...

You'd never know that her pretty polk a dotted pinafore started out as a booboo! Very quick thinking on that one. Your card is just adorable.

Maureen said...

Aw, so sweet! I love that you do the inside as nicely as the front... I am a slacker when it comes to inside cards. Yours is so nice!

Lisette said...

Love the dots! Your card is very sweet.

Julie Case said...

Loved your polka dot story! Sometimes those markers do like to "blurb" on our work! Your card is really beautiful! Sweet Tilda is one of my favorite images.
Gorgeous work!!
Julie

Leonie said...

Great save!! you would never know it was a mistake..looks great!!!
Love the colours you have used as well!
Hugs
Leonie

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! Love her polka dot dress, darling colors too. Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Pat, you are getting more and more creative each time when I come visit. Did you notice it yourself that you are using different types of embellis and exploring them more and more. Cute charm on this one :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Pat your card is adorable love all the layers. Love Tilda's dress! Great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Pam said...

Your card turned out just beautifully. I love the polka dots. too cute!
~Pam L.

Robin said...

Too cute!!! Love the colors!!

Angelwood said...

Oh this is just too sweet! Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Lori said...

Ooooh I love polka dots! Very sweet, Pat : )
Love and hugs ~ Lori