Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring...






What a beautiful weekend we've had here in Richmond, VA! Perfect Spring weather!! Mid-70s and sunny...trees are starting to bud! We opened up all the windows in the house. It was absolutely spectacular! We've had a pretty crazy winter...with far more snow than we've had in the 5 years we've been here...so I'm especially excited about Spring this year! I did have a little time to craft this weekend...I made my first ever easel card...it was soooooooooo much fun. I will definitely make more!! I'm still struggling w/my photo-taking abilities. Hopefully you'll be able to see how beautiful the Spring colors are. I'm also posting a cute little card w/a Sarah Kay image. I'm still learning shading...I'm getting better, though. I am so excited, I get to meet Suzanne Dean a week from tomorrow...and I expect to learn much during that 3-hour Copics lesson! Then I can check out her online classes. I'm kind of enjoying my semi-retirement!! I wonder how I ever had time to work!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my little treasures!

Copics used on the Magnolia card were:
E11, 00, 000, & R20 - Face
V17, 15, 12, 0000 - dress & socks
G24, 21, & 20, Y000 & 02 - wrapping paper on box (to make yellow-green)
E35, 31, & Y23 (hair)
E35, 34, & 31 (cardboard box top)

I used Stampin-Up Amethyst & Celery cardstock...and designer paper & embellishments from my stash.

Hope you enjoy...and thanks sooooo much for stopping by and for your comments! Pat

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Pat what a beautiful card! This Tilda is perfect for a birthday card and you have colored her perfectly! Awesome job!
Hugs,
nancy

Maureen said...

AW how cute! A really lovely pair of cards...

Suzanne J Dean said...

These are both adorable Pat--so cute and great embellishments & layouts with both! See ya on the 29th!

hugz,
Suzanne

Only by His Grace said...

Wow Pat! your cards are lovely.
Great job with the copics.
hugs marion

Myrna said...

Great job on your coloring and card design.

Barb Hardeman said...

You did a wonderful job on both of these cards. Beautiful weather, beatuiful cards...hugs...Barb

Candy said...

Both of your cards are delightful! Great colouring job. Love the DP you have used on your Tilda card - I have some of it too and love it. Great job of matching cardstock, ribbon and such a pretty flower! Love the doily as well.
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

These are beautiful cards Pat. Love the cute little details and the springy coloring is very delightful!
Hugs,
Cabio

Karen W said...

Pat, love your card. The colors are so soft.

Karen

Pam said...

All of the special details are gorgeous!
~Pam

Peggie said...

What beautiful cards. One is just prettier than the other.

Kris said...

Oh my gosh Pat, these are wonderful. You are a truly gifted crafter.

Gina L said...

Absolutely precious cards. Love the images and I really like the details you add, like the little pearls. Gina L

Kerry said...

Wonderful cards! Love the color, love all the details. I really enjoy looking at your cards. Thanks for sharing. Kerry P.