Wednesday, March 17, 2010

arrgghh, matey!



Hello everyone...I know it's St. Paddy's Day...but I just couldn't wait to ink up my husband's favorite Maggie: Pirate Tilda! I thought I'd try Suzanne Dean's distress technique w/Copics. Well...let me just say this...more practice w/this technique is definitely warranted!! That said, I thought Tilda turned out "not bad" for my first try w/distressing! Then I found this wonderful designer paper (by Me & My Big Ideas)...so I threw this card together. I am definitely going to color another pirate Tilda tonight so that I can practice. Copics used: E13, 11, 00, R22, R20 (face); R20 & C1 (skull flag); R20, B95, & B91 (dress & bandana); E29, 27, & 31 (hair); E47, 25, 53, & 41 (flagpole & shoes), and W3 to grunge up the corners a bit. I used a skull & crossbones paper punch by Martha Stewart for inside the card. Sentiment on front was computer generated. Thanks so much for stopping by...and, as always, thank you for your comments. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling card! And I think you did a great job coloring everything. It's such a fun card!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Dee said...

Very nice!

Patti.Jo said...

Pirate Tilda is so cute! Great job on her and your card design! What fun!!!

Bengelmama said...

wowww soooo beautiful.

Nadine

Cordine said...

Great card!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful coloring and great DP for the perfect stamps Pat! Such a cute card and pink is my favorite color :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

raindropecho said...

Oh WOW! This Jolly Roger Tilda is so cute in these colors!!

- Ann

Nancy said...

Your card and Tilda are adorable you did a great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Pam S. said...

how cute to do her in pink! adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Lauren said...

So cute! Love all the pink!

Lauren

Candy said...

Awwww what a cute card! Love your pink skull and cross bones paper - what could be better than this??
Tilda is gorgeous :o) Love the layout, ribbon, buttons and other DP as well. FUN card indeed!
Hugs, Candy

Kerry said...

Absolutely adorable - Pirate Tilda is as cute as can be! Love the pink pirate! Thanks for sharing! Kerry P.