Friday, March 26, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...






Happy Friday everyone! Well, I didn't quite finish a card yesterday...but I almost finished 2 books! Too bad almost doesn't count! Today I woke up to a rainy day here in Richmond, VA...a little chilly, too, compared to our last few days of temps in the mid-70s. But it's the perrrrfect day to stay inside and ...oh, I don't know, CRAFT maybe?!! So here's the little lady I just finished. It's the first time I've inked this stamp and I am pretty pleased with the finished product. I used a variety of scraps of paper and ribbon, some Prima roses, some stickles on the raindrops and the scroll at the bottom right, a couple of pearls, and I glazed Tilda's boots, her pocket, and umbrella top with Inkssentials Glossy Accents to make them shiny. The sentiment is an old stamp from Stampin-Up...but I thought it would be a cute touch!

I hope you enjoy this card...it was such fun to make! As always, thank you so much for stopping by and for any comments you might like to leave. Have a beautiful weekend! Pat

20 comments:

Anita Newcister said...

Ooooh, isn't she cute - like the shine on the umbrella/boots too!

Pen to Paper said...

Hi Pat, your card is so adorable and very fitting for rainy days like yesterday!!! I love your color scheme and i love how everything is so shiny :)

XOXO

Jackie

Kathy said...

GOrgeous card Pat!! I just love the colors that you haveused and I love this Tilda! Visiting all these blogs I am thinking I have to reuse all my adorable Tilda's!
:)Kathy

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, my! Didn't you just do a gorgeous job on this card! Beautifully colored, love the shiny boods and umbrella. Your dp, flowers and flourishes are fabulous. Very sweet card...

Anary said...

I am in love with your color choices!
Great card!
anary

Myrna said...

She's a cutie! Love your gloss on her boots, pocket, etc. Great job on your card.

Aletha J. Williams said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you made things look wet.

Aletha

Leonie said...

O so pretty! one of my favourite ranges of basic grey paper too...thanks for sharing!
hugs
leonie

Milianna said...

very beautiful card... i love what you do

hugs Annabelle

Christine Riley said...

This is so sweet! I love the papers and the shine on Tilda's boots. Too cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

Summerthyme Studio said...

Beautiful! Love the shine on the 'brelly and boots

Vicki

cabio's craft corner said...

She is so sweet and love her shiny boots. Cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous inside and out! Love how you have colored Tilda in the pink and green and the flowers are beautiful! Beautiful card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Bengelmama said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte. Ich liebe diese Tilda mit dem Regenschirm.

Nadine

sandy said...

She is soooo cute - and the pink and green combinations are so pretty together

sandy

Peggie said...

Very, very pretty.

Kathy said...

What a gorgeous soft looking card! She is so cute with her umbrella and boots. Great job coloring too! Pat, your work is exceptional.
Kathy Gerace

Robin said...

OH this is super cute!!! I love the green and pink.

Gina L said...

Love the green and pink together. I like to use Glossy Accents on this image, too. It really makes it look like she is in the rain! Great card. Gina L

Pam said...

You should add your card to the April Home Page Card Album...it is great!