Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My trip to Leesburg...


Hello everyone...OMG...I had such a great time with Suzanne Dean yesterday at my Copics lesson. I have been using Copics for just a couple of months and have watched all of her videos on You-Tube...but believe me, I learned so much in those short few hours I spent with her. She is such a sweet lady...so gracious and supportive!! My biggest challenge has always been shading...and I have to say, eventhough I colored a few images while I was there, I am most proud of the blue ball I colored!! Seriously...it's the best ball I EVER colored in my life!!! I know...not a big deal for most people, but for me - who spent a lifetime wanting to be artistic - it's HUGE! So, of course, I had to scan and post the blue ball here so that you could all delight in my accomplishment!! hehehe! Now I can't wait to sign up for Suzanne's online Copic classes. Am off to finish my Edwin card so I can start coloring some Easter images! (Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute!) Have a beautiful Tuesday! Pat

7 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

That's a beauty of a ball Pat--lol! You did a fabulous job and I was thrilled to meet you & so happy you could come! I hope you learned a lot & look forward to seeing all your future projects!

hugz,
Suzanne

SUMTOY said...

I love the ball. I know the feeling, the first class I took with Mariann Walker made me feel the same way...such talent.

Barb Hardeman said...

Your ball is absolutely wonderful. You have the shading and hightlights perfect...

Pam said...

Fantastic job on your ball! the shading made me feel it might roll right off the page! I think there is a very talented artist in there waiting to be unleashed.
Hugs to you Pat,
Pam

Nancy said...

Pat your did a great job with the shading on your ball! It looks so real! I have been taking Suzanne's online classes and I am loving them! I feel that I have learned so much! Keep up the great work!
Hugs,
Nancy

A Cards Delight said...

Pat, You did an awesome job with the ball, the shading is perfect! I, also had the pleasure of attending Suzannes lesson in her home! Suzanne is one of the most gracious persons I ever met! The Youtubes she did from the good of her heart and the love of teaching! She is a very beautiful person and wish everyone could see how sweet of a person she is! Good luck to you! Hugz, Colleen

Nancy said...

The best ball EVER! I am so envious of your Copics class. I keep watching the videos and even with an art history degree can't get the hang of it. Not to the degree of your work - WOW - I've been clicking back and back and back...you must have attacked the learning curve at full speed!