Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tilda's first day of school...

Can it possibly be the fourth Tuesday of the month ALREADY?!! I believe it IS!! And that means...another fun challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog! That's right...and our very own talented DT sistah, Maria, has challenged us to create a paper project using this fun photograph as our inspiration...


So, this is how it works...you just look at this fun photo. What jumps out at you? Pink and green? Purses? Leather? Bows? Hmmm...so many fun options...there's no right or wrong...just let the spirit move you, so to speak!! I will admit, I was stumped briefly...then my sweet hubby said, "those are preppy colors." (Now for those of you who don't know what "preppy" means...it's a reference to a style commonly seen in prep schools and colleges in the late '60's and early '70's...like boat shoes, argyle sweaters, pink and green, loafers without socks...etc.) So...with my hubby's help, here's what I came up with....


I chose to go with pink and green...and bows...and clearly, this adorable little Tilda is ready for her first day at prep school!! hehehe! OK...I know...it's a stretch! But I really love this little Tilda...she was one of my very FIRST Tildas! I love her short hair...so, so cute!! Her name is "Tilda with pencils"... and you can find her...along with about kabillion other delightfully adorable Tilda & Edwin stamps at Diana's Magnolia-licious online store, my store for all things Magnolia!!


I used Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, and Wild Wasabi cardstock from Stampin' Up. DPs and pearls are from my stash. That luscious ribbon is from Stampin' Up too...it's also Wild Wasabi! I used a Marianne's Creatables die for those cute little leaves....love these! The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps...and the corner embellishment and yummilicious roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts! Here's a peek at the inside...

Now, my crafty friends, you know what comes next, right? It's time for you to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Maria and the rest of my amazingly talented Design Teamies have created for inspiration. Then...you'll want to join in the fun by making and entering your own creation into this month's Magnolia-licious Inspiration Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Who knows...that lucky person could be YOU!!!

And...that's it for me!! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for leaving such sweet comments. They truly make my day! Maggie hugs...until next time....

29 comments:

paola said...

WOW! for all that you were scrambling around not sure of what you were gonna do for this challenge, you sure made fabulous happen! your coloring is devine and i just love the corners and the big ass bow, an absolute masterpiece
smiles
Paola

Boxofcolours said...

Oh Pat, this is AWESOME! Pink and green are my favourite colours and a Tilda with pencils has to be the best!!!
How do you tie such neat bows - I'm very impressed.

Hugs
Jane

Deeeeee said...

Cute card...but if her first day of school was anything like mine...she should have been holding a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of brandy in the other! Nonetheless - pretty awesome!

Dorcas said...

Pat you are AMAZING! You know I feel about Tilda...but this is soooo pretty! I love the non traditional back to school colors. You rock, girlfriend!

Tracy V. said...

She is seriously adorable!!!! I love this tilda and I don't have her in my collection just yet! Soon though! I think you did a fabby job on the inspiration, and yes they are preppy colors!!
Hugs,
Tracy V

Janiel/ janny said...

OH MY GOODNESS PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A TRULY STUNNING CUTE FUN CARD!!!! WOWWSERS!!!

It is so eye catching dear!!!
big hugs, Janiel

justme1972 said...

WOWOWOWOW -- this is one VERY incredibly cute card!!!!! LOVE the colors and coloring!

justme1972,
laura

Rene said...

Love it! This is so stunning and I just adore your colors...plus that textured background for Tilda is too pretty!
Rene ;D

Myrna said...

Pat, your hubby was right on about the "preppy" look! Perfect for this card! Love it!!

Card Crazy said...

Luv, luv, luv it! Pink and green - so pretty! This Tilda is new to me and She is adorable. Great card as usual Pat.
Sue S.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh honey, this is the prettiest little card. You know me, I love the soft colors and pink and green are rapidly becoming a fav! Love the Argyle paper and the stripped bow - beautifully set off with the embossed oval the darling Tilda. Gorgeous flower arrangements really finish this card off beautifully! Wow you really know how to pull a card together out of nothing!!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Erika said...

You've done it again, another stunner.
Hugs, Erika.

Jean said...

Pat, this card is so adorable.. I love the soft colors and you did fine with the bow and the book which could look like a bag!! anyway I LOVE this layout and coloring.. it is simply gorgeous..
Hugs, Jean

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flip-Flop Creations said...

Stunning Pat!! I just love everything about this sweet card. ~jeni :)

julieprice3 said...

Just Beautiful!
Love Tildas dress. Very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Grenouille Greetings said...

LOVE your adorable Tilda with her pretty papers, smashing bow and pretty colouring! Hugs, Lesley

Linda said...

Oh my word Pat this is amazing gorgeous splendid!!!!! I absolutely love it all inside and out!!!!! Excellent work!!!!!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very gorgeous! : )

cabio's craft corner said...

Love your attention to details on this card Pat. Beautiful texture and lovely coloring on Tilda :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Simply gorgrous! Love the colors and the embossed background! Also, that flower cluster looks fantastic!
Hugs, Iulia

Monique said...

That's so cute !

Hugs Monique

Cami said...

ADORABLE card, Pat! I love your take on this inspiration pic challenge! She is still a cutie and the perfect image for "back to school" all decked out in her pretty green and pink outfit! Love this!
Hugs, Cami

Sandy said...

Of all the cards I just looked out this is my very, very favorite!These colors together are so lush and soft and deep all at the same time. Your bow is perfect - absolutely wonderful card Pat. Hey I gotta get out of here - it's time to walk. Did you feel the quake? A lot of people did down here.
Sandy

Norma said...

Pat, I sure do love your card. And it's in one of my fave colour combo no less. Just love the soft colours and how everything blends beautifully together. A very adorable Tilda. I don't have her in my collection. Me think I should add her to it...LOL. Love the design and your huge bow.

Hugs,
Norma

Elle said...

THis is so pretty. I love all of the design elements that you have used. The colors are divine!

Linda Palmer said...

Absolutely love this card. Beautiful coloring, beautiful colors.

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love Tilda's dress.

Paula said...

Awesome! This card is just adorable. Love the colors, love the embellies and really love this Tilda image!! Oh and love how you colored her. Love it :)