Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School!!

Heigh ho, heigh ho...it's back to school they go!! That's right...it's that time of year when parents are sending their little ones off to school...some for the first time ever!! Here's a pic of all five of our grandkids...from left to right: Ava, Brody, Mia, Sophia, & Emma! Quite a motley crew, eh?!

They start school early in Phoenix, AZ (which is where they all live!)...so they've already experienced their first day back to school!! Unlike our sweet and talented DT sistah, Debbie, who is getting her "baby boy" ready to go off to college! Deb also works at a school...so her summer vacay is coming to a close soon as well!

So...this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog, our hostess with the mostess, Debbie, has chosen our Challenge Theme...which is...wait for it....

Back to School!!

How fun is that? Plus...Mo has soooo many adorable "Back to School" images to choose from...including this little darlin'...


She's from Mo's "To School" collection...available at Mo's Digi Store HERE along with three other cuties heading off to school!! I used Tangerine Tango cardstock from Stampin Up (because orange is granddaughter Ava's fave color!)...and some new DPs from Kaiser Kraft's "Class of '87 Collection".


I actually cut a hole in the cardstock and DPs (using Nestabilities "Labels 18") and mounted my colored image from behind. Then I raised the orange "frame" with foam dimensionals for a somewhat different effect.


Here's a list of the Copics I used to color this little sweetheart...
E21, 00, 000, 0000: Skin
R20: Cheeks
E55, 53, 51, 50, & Y21: Hair
B97, 95, 93, 91: Skirt & shoes
YR04, 02, 01, 00, 000: Sweater & anklets
R85, 83, 81, RV10, 000: Backpack (because Ava has a pink backpack!)
C2, 0, 0: Ground
B0000: shadow

Here's a peek at the inside...


And, of course...


Oh...the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps...and the flowers & ribbon are from my stash!

OK...time to pop on over to Mo's Challenge Blog and take a look at what Debbie & the rest of our talented DT have created for inspsiration!! Then you'll want to start working on your own "Back to School" project!! Remember, you must use at least one Mo Manning image to qualify for this week's random drawing for a free Mo Manning digi of your choice!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your very sweet comments that truly make my day!! Have fun crafting, my lovelies! I'll see you again soon! Hugs....

20 comments:

Nicola said...

Stunning card Pat, love that image (too cute!), and all those gorgeous details, especially the sentiment inside!
Love Nicola xxx

Erika said...

I love this image and just perfect for going back to school with. Great colour combo and love the school papers too.
Big crafty hugs,
Erika.

Christina C. said...

OMG, Pat, this is sooooo adorable. Mo really has some of the cutest images and you do such an excellent job coloring and showcasing those cuties!!!!

Carla S. said...

Your card is just fabulous, Pat! I love the bright colors and terrific papers! Your coloring and design are fantastic! Wonderful photo of the grandkids, too!

Debbie said...

This is STUNNING my sweet and talented friend. I love the colors and I LOVE the frame...So so pretty.... and yes, my baby boy is already gone he is now officially in college I moved him in on Sunday... I was good, didn't cry till I got home...

Hugs
Debbie

Dorcas said...

Ooh Pat I'm lovin this orange!! What a pretty BTS project, if Ava loves prange as much as me she's gonna be over the moon!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this is fabulous! Love the way you framed the image and the little accents really set it off. ~jeni :)

♥Gry said...

Wonderful work! Loving the coloring (orange) and the design - perfect papers too. ♥

Hugs, Gry

Cathy said...

Pat, so funny we picked the same darling image!!! so funny that they don't look anything alike. Love your orange and all decked out and mine is pretty plain jane. may be a reflection of who we are LOL. If you are anywhere near the earthquakes or hurricanes stay safe I need to have your beautiful work and your wonderful comments on my blog to look forward to GF!!!

Marianne said...

Oh Pat, as a teacher, I love this card. These Designpapers!! I haven't seen them overhere. But I can tell you I will search the internet for it. My class will love this. And this adorable image. I must hop over to the shop (again haha) to buy these schoolkids.
Your colorcombination is stunning as always. Peach is not my color, but so as you used it, I love it.
Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Marianne

Sandy said...

You have the cutest grand kids Pat and that is one adorable card - absolutely adorable.
Sandy

Betsy said...

Love that image, and love those papers! The colors are great! Happy Back to School!

Dawn Knapp said...

Another amazing card Pat!! Your coloring is just wonderful. I'm so jealous of your talent... I wanna be like Pat when I grow up! ;)

Linda said...

Love the peach pink and blue colors. I love your coloring style too. Those grandchildren look like they can fill a house with mischief and laughter. That is the best kind of house!

Janette said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, what a brilliant Back to School card.xx

Elaine L. said...

Pat, This is so eye-catching! Orange is one of my favorite colors, and that frame is perfect! Love all the colors and embellishments you've used on this!

The Wired Angel said...

This is so darling, Pat.. Love your coloring, color combo, everything! Hugs, Peggy x

Jenée said...

Totally delightful, charming card! The image you picked reminds me of my 7 years old granddaughter -- full of spunk and ready for new experiences! (PS, school started for my GA grandkids 1 August -- making me glad I'm no longer teaching *grin*)

Iulia said...

Youu have a beautiful family there Pat; let me tell you, the girls are a perfect copy of their Granny. You must be the proudest Granny in all Virginia!
Your Mo little girl is definitely one of the cutes little sweethears around and would make the day of any little girl. The colors are perfect, really enjoyable card!
Hugs, Iulia

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome pics of your grands, Pat! What delightful children.
Now this is just so stinkin' cute! Love the way you achieve the dimension on the card and the embossed areas are perfection. The flower really matches as does the ribbon. Fabulous embellies are the cherry on top for this wonderful creation!
Hugs,
Barb