Saturday, August 13, 2011

A fun Sassy card!!

Happy Saturday!! I'm so tickled that you've stopped by for a visit!! Thanks so much!!

Well...I've been "retired" for a week and have already sort of been offered a part-time job! We'll see if it pans out! hehehe!! In the meantime, I've been enjoying my new found freedom from work!! I've had lunch with some of my colleagues...and dinner with some other colleagues - both involved adult beverages! And I'm going for yet another "get together" with some more colleagues next week...that one will be a "happy hour"...I keep thinking, I should retire more often! LOL!!

Oh...plus, just yesterday, I had lunch with Charyl Alger...that's right, the very talented "Sassy" Cheryl ...of Sassy Cheryl's Digis!! She's a total hoot...and let me tell ya, she's a little ball of energy! Such a fun time. I'm so delighted that we live in the same town! Maybe some of her "artsy" talent will rub off on me!! Well...I can hope, right?!!

OK...on to my card...I decided that I wanted to make some thank you cards...so this is the first of several!!


This little cutie came from Sassy Cheryl's Digis...named Dance Partners. I had such fun with this image...just makes me smile!! I used some new DPs from My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Collection. Very pastel ... peachy pinks and greens.


I used Stampin' Up cardstock (Blushing Bride & Sage Shadow). Here's a peek at the inside (there's a little pocket in the top... perfect for a gift card!) ...


Pearls are MS and the ribbon is from SU (Very Vanilla)...and those gorgeous roses are from (of course) Wild Orchid Crafts! ...


I thought I'd enter this little card into the following challenges...

CLP (sketch)
Challenge #29 @ Wild Orchid Crafts

Wish me luck! That's it for me...am off to color! I love Saturdays!! Hugs to you all...until next time...

22 comments:

Jenée said...

Congratulations on the "retirement." Sounds like you are already enjoying it. This card is super (you don't need any of the artsy to rub off -- you've got plenty of your own!!). Super card; fantastic colors; great work!

Christina C. said...

I am always in awe when I visit your blog.....your cards are all such stunning works of art!!!!
Hey, one more year and I'm retiring....can't wait!!!!
But, then again, maybe I will work just two days a week....we'll see!

Barb said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! So many details and fun things to look at. Your coloring is perfection! I'm never disappointed when I visit you and always inspired! Hugs!

Boxofcolours said...

Oh Pat this is so beautiful, both the colouring and layouts - you've done a fab job.

Congrats on the retirement.

Hugs
Jane
♥♥♥♥

Dorcas said...

Oh how awesome that you and Cheryl live in the same town! Sounds like fun. :-)
THis card is gorgeous, love all the girly details. Really pretty. :-)

Barb in Texas said...

Hi Pat,
This is such a dee-lightful card, cute and yet eloquent at the same time. Luv your attention to detail.
Thanks much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Ü
Hugs,
Barb

Kelly Neis said...

I like your retirement routine, sounds fun. Your card is really cute and the inside is pretty, I like the way you turned the square for writing.

* Üla * said...

Hello Pat, your card is super cute, I love the colors you used for this sweet card! Your details are very soft too.
Enjoy your weekend,
hugs Ula

cathylynn said...

What a sweet card! Yummy colors with delightful layers and details. Yee Ha you're retired! Good for you Pat. Hope you enjoy every single day doing what you love to do best. Gee I'm looking forward to a bunch more cards. Have fun!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Cricket said...

This is adorable. Love the peach.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous beautiful card Pat, the colour are gorgeous.Love all the details, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Pat, your card rocks!
Luv all the pinks going on and those embellies too... awesome image and coloring... soooo pretty!

Candy said...

Oh Pat!
You aren't going to go back to work are you, really? LOL
Your card is simply Gorgeous!!
Hugs, Candy

Hanna said...

Oh my, Pat, this is so LOVELY! I'm in awe. Your talent is beyond words. This card is so, so beautiful, can't tell you how much I love it. The colours are simply divine, and your design is fabulous. Love everything about it.

hugs,
Hanna

Debbie said...

Sounds like you're having a blast and it's only your first week. Well YOU GO GIRL!!! I am so happy for you... now about your card..love the peachy colors...a color i don't think i've used in quite some time...and I love that image how cute..think I have to go check it out...

It's pouring here so I think I'll just color away..
Hugs
Debbie

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Pat - I love all the layers. You are so good Pat - wonderful card Pat - I love her!
Sandy

loriete said...

Fantastic card! So cute and funny! And I love that flower bouquet! Thanks for sharing it at WOC!

Hugs,
Loreta

Barb Hardeman said...

This truly must be how you feel after retiring! Dance like no one is watching and craft up a storm. So glad to hear that you're getting lots of retirement celebrating done too!
Your coloring is fabulous on this card - but then when isn't it? Delightful design elements and beautifully finished off on the inside!
Hugs,
Barb

Cathy said...

Pat, I am so jealous of you retiring and having lunch with Sassy Boss Lady...Your card is gorgimous!!! Don't you be going to work, enjoy your time, (unless you have to) I personally am counting the days myself. You need all your crafting time :)

Loreal Blondi said...

This little cutie to Dancer makes me feel joyful and I really like your coloring. Love the Bow too with Roses.
Many smiles and see you soon here again :) (now when I found the way)

Randi WS said...

Hi Pat!
Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love that stamp, and how you've colored her up! This card really brings a huge smile on my face!! ;)
Thanks for joining us at CLP challenge blog for August!

Lots of love,
Randi WS

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card, such a cute image!


Thanks for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces in August, hope to see you again!

Hugs Tanja