Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good-bye, Daisy....

Hello again, my Bloggin' Buddies...
Can you believe it...we're already into August!! The weeks seem to be flying by, don't they?? Before I know it, we'll be gearing up for the winter holidays! Oooh...wait...not yet! First I have to go on vacation!! So it's not quite time for Christmas! But it IS time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Our hostess this week is our very own delightfully talented DT sistah, Miz Debbie. She'd like for us to make...

an easel card with an animal or bird "somewhere" on the card.

Easy peasy, right?! Especially since Mo has so many images that perfectly fit this challenge! Well...I had no trouble choosing my image for this week's challenge...I chose Bronte's Kisses available HERE at Mo's Digital Pencil. Not only do you get this adorable little Bella & Bronte image, as a bonus you also get 3 perfect sentiments!! Kinda like 4 for the price of one!! I always love a bargain! LOL!!


Sad story...our neighbors' beloved Springer Spaniel, Daisy, passed away a few weeks ago. Daisy was so well loved by all of us in the nrighborhood...especially by our two furbaby boys (Toy Poodles), Fiyero & Cooper. So I thought I'd make a clean and simple little card to give Daisy's "mom and dad". The sentiment (which came with the image) seemed so perfect. Here's a close-up...


I'm not quite sure what's happening to me...another card with ORANGE!!! Yikes!! Well...I kinda thought the blue and orange seemed to work...even though I'm really more of a PINK person than orange!! hehehe!! The blue DPs are from the Enchanted Collection by Imaginisce, and the orange DP is from KI Memories, Princess Collection (I got this from my local craft store). Ribbons and pearls came from my stash...and the gorgeous flowers are from, you guessed it, Wild Orchid Crafts!!

Copic Sketch Markers used to color Bella & Bronte...
E21, 00, 000: Skin
R20: Cheeks
E25, 23, 21, YR21 & 20: Hair
B95, 93, 91, 000: Shorts
YR04, 02, 01, 000: Shirt
R85, 83, 81, RV10, 000: Boots & Collar
C3, 1, 0, 00: Bronte
G21 & 20: Grass
Stampin' Up Bashful Blue Stamp Pad: Sky


So...that's it for me! But be sure to stop by Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at all of the amaaaaazing creations by my very talented DT sistahs! Then pull out your own crafting supplies and choose one (or more if you like) of Mo Manning's images available HERE and HERE...and get started on your very own easel card with an animal or bird. Remember to link your project to Mo's Challenge Blog and you may just have your name chosen by the Random.Org thingie to win a FREE Mo Manning Digital Image of YOUR choice!!!! Whoohoo!! And there are even more new images available...and believe me when I tell ya, they are "must haves"!!

Thanks so much visiting! Have a fantabulous week. Until next time....

21 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh this is an adorable one. This image is so sweet and you colored it so amazing.
Love easelcards. I go try to find some time to make one to.
Hugs Marianne

Joey said...

Pat this is absolutely beautiful, I am sure your neighbours will be really touched, lovely colour combo. Joey x

Boxofcolours said...

Pat, this is simply adorable. TFS Jane

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card for Daisy's parents and how thoughtful of you. Love the layout and guess you are enjoying the "orange" these days. anyway, some people don't realize that our four legged friends are a part of our family and don't get the lose we feel when they sadly pass. So I know your neighbors will love this.

Hugs
Debbie

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A gorgeous card and sentiment Pat. A sad occasion but I'm sure they'll cherish your card x

Danielle said...

Pat this is adorable, perfect image but such a sad story. I do believe dogs go to heaven, to me they are unconditional love on earth. Love your color combo, your coloring is divine, I just love the sky background.
Hugs.

PepPop said...

Beautiful card Pat. That's such a shame about your neighbours' dog. I'm sure they will appreciate the sentiment on your card. Jaqui x

Dena said...

Oh gosh, it just makes me want to cry for those people losing their dog! Your card will surely pick them up!!! How sweet of you!
LOVE the orange and blue together, it looks wonderful!!!
Hugs, Dena

Dorcas said...

What a thoughtful card for your neighbor, Pat. They'll love it cos its absolutely GORGEOUS. (must be the orange *wink*)
Beautiful!

Debra G Smith said...

Pat..that was so thoughtful of you. They will love this card and the fact you understood their loss. I think it's just adorable. Love it!!
Hugs..

Carla S. said...

Pat, your easel card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color combo and sweet image! Such pretty details!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh, you've broken my heart! What a wonderful card for your neighbors, Pat!! They're going to love it! Spectacular coloring and that's the sweetest image ever with the perfect sentiment!! Have a fabulous weekend, chickie poo!!
hugs, Sharon

Cathy said...

Ah Pat, this is perfect for your neighbor's. We feel a terrible loss when we lose our beloved four legged family members. You are so sweet to make this for them. The sentiment makes a perfect easel base. Love your colors, coloring and your embellishments are always perfect.

Iulia said...

This is as sweet as it can get, Pat honey! I really must learn how to make the hairs the way you do. Your coloring is always an inspiration to me and I really mean it. You've chosen great colors once again; I simply love this cute lil card!
Have a happy weekend, darlin'!
Hugs, Iulia

Sandy said...

Such a pretty card Pat and I love these soft pretty colors. I am gonna have to start going to your blog before I get my subscription. I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short!! Today is you big last day. Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishments with the clinic this year and I know the rest of your life will be as exciting!
Love,
Sandy

Sheila said...

Pat you are such a wonderful thoughtful friend, your neighbours will adore this card, and I'm sure it will bring them much comfort.
This is such a cute Mo image I'm going to have to add it to my ever growing list of must haves :).
hugs my friend.
Sheila xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

And a lovely card for your poor neighbours! I'm sure they will treasure it! Hugs, Lesley

paperpedaler said...

Have enjoyed browsing your blog and taking in all the inspiration. Have included a link on my blog to yours thanking you for the inspiration.

Linda said...

Blue and orange do go together marvelously. This card is so pretty. It is sure to bring a bright spot to your neighbors.

NGCARDS said...

This is adorable hun xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is fabulous, love the image and your work is just stunning as always, big hugs love pops x x x