Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Look at me...I'm "sassy"

Hi friends...oooohhh...I'm soooo excited!! Guess what? Sassy Cheryl (of the famed "Sassy Cheryl's Digis") has invited me to join her amazingly talented Design Team...and, of course, I nearly tripped over my tongue saying "YES, YES, YESSSSSSSS!!" So there ya have it...I'm "Sassy"!  (My sweet hubby has always said I was sassy...but that's different!! LOL!) And I'm so honored to be joining the ranks of some of the most talented designers in blogdom! Plus...I soooo love Cheryl's whimsical images!! I know...I'm babbling...on to my first Sassy Cheryl DT project!!

This week's hostess is the very talented, Jeni!! She's chosen a really fun theme for all of us...

"Not your usual fold"

Cool, huh?!! Soooo...here's what I came up with...hope you like it...


I just learned how to make a "Criss Cross" fold card...(Tutorial HERE) so I thought it would be a perfect way to showcase this darling little Sassy Cheryl image called "A Mother's Day Heart (girl)" available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis. Here's a close-up...


Now, I swear, I am NOT an orange person...but I sure seem to be gravitating towards orange DPs lately! LOL!! These DPs are from KI Memories' Princess Collection...and I have to admit, I quite like the pink and orange together!! Actually, the cardstock isn't pink, it's Melon Mambo (from Stampin' Up)...but I thought it played so well off of the orange!! I also added a little Certainly Celery CS (also from SU). I used Oval nestabilities (plain and scalloped) as well as a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the "dotted swiss" design on the inside.


Martha Stewart helped me out with some of her edge and corner punches...and the sentiment came from Stamping Bella. Flowers are a combo of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts...and the green ric-rac is from my stash.

Copics used to color this cutie patootie are:
E21, 00, 000: Skin
R20: Cheeks
E25, 23, 21, YR20: Hair
YR04, 02, 01, 00, 000: Dress & Hairbows
R85, 83, 81, RV10, 00, 000: Heart
C7, 5, 3, 1, 00: Shoes
G24, 21, 20: Grass

And here's one last photo...the "artsy fartsy" view...


So...I'll bet you can guess what comes next! Yep, it's time to pop on over to Sassy Chery's Challenge Blog HERE to check out all of the gorgeous work by my new DT sistahs!! (I do love the way that sounds!! hehe!) And then, pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find them at Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE) and get busy creating your own paper masterpiece with a "unique" fold!!

Have fun, sweet friends...and thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Until next time...

25 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

What a beautiful card Pat. Congratulations on the new DT, can't wait to see what you create ~ Jane

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a stunning card Pat! The coloring is just GORGEOUS!
You're funny! LOVE the 'artsy fartsy' view. hee hee!
So thrilled to have you on the Sassy DT! Your work is amazing! You can roll up your tongue now. :):

Dawn said...

Bwahahaha...is that what that view is called!

Totally loving this criss-cross AND those colors! Fab coloring too! Glad to have you aboard!!!

PepPop said...

Congratulations Pat!!

Gorgeous card and love the zingy colours. Jaqui x

Danielle said...

Awesome Pat... and Congratulations,on your DT.
This little image is darling, I love criss-cross cards, so pretty and original. Your choice of papers is perfect for this cute image, and I justlove those colors, having also worked with them just lately!!!
Gorgeous lacy edges.
Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

Sharon Caudle said...

Well first...a huge CONGRATS to you girlfriend!!! You will be an amazing addition that the DT! I adore Sassy Cheryl images so I can't wait to see all your gorgeous creations! I must say you've started off with a real bang here! Your card is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the colors and papers you've used and the fold looks awesome! Stunning coloring as always!! hugs, Sharon

charlene said...

Congrats to you Pat ! Love you card and all the pretties on it and the papers are perfect for such a cute little gal !
Hugs

Ann English said...

So excited (and a bit intimidated) that you are on the team. I have admired your work for sometime now. This card is yet another masterpiece! Love it!

Debra G Smith said...

Pat..first off congratulations. Second I love your card. You are so very creative and inspirational.
Hugs..Debra

jkreucher said...

Hi Pat! Welcome to the Sassy Sistahs!!
this is just precious.. I am not an orange person either.. but combining it with the pinks really softens it! Love your fun fold and the delicate lace border... and of course your stunning coloring!
hugs
Judy

Marianne said...

Just back from holiday and I saw that I missed some beautiful cards.
It's to much to leave a comment on each of the cards. But I say they are one by one stunning.
I especially like your criscroscards and so thanks for the tutorial.
You colored this image again very beautiful. You're a great inspiration for a lot of people.
Hugs Marianne

Dorcas said...

Adorable card, Pat! ANd I'm so glad you got on the Sassy team. I know you've loved Cheryls images for a long time. You'll be a real asset to the fab team of ladies! A big congratulations!!

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Yes, you are Sassy, Welcome to the team Pat!! Orange is a great Summer color, maybe that's why you are gravitating towards it. Love your fold. Thanks for the tutorial link. Your card is gorgeous!!! Looking forward to many more. ~jeni :)

Iulia said...

Hi Pat! Congrats sweetie on your new DT position! You're an asset to their team, as to any other in blogland. You know I love your work and the way you present it surely adds something more special to it:)
Just got back from my vacay and I just had to pop in and visit my closest friends:)
Orange person or not, this is one adorable card and those images are really cute. Beautiful combination of colors, never thought of it; your coloring never ceases to amaze me:) Great work once more!
Hugs, Iulia

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, congratulations on your new DT post, no wonder your creations are fabulous every single time!!!!! I love the bright pink & orange on this one.
Hugs Cheryl

Debbie said...

Hey Sweetie... I am so excited for you... Congratulations on your new DT position. You must be so excited...
love what you are doing with your criss cross cards...OMG...now I have to do another one..

Have a great day girlfriend..TTYL
Hugs
Debbie

Sandy said...

One big congratulations - I know how much you love card making. Another wonderful Pat Frank creation and thanks for the tutorial! Thanks for skyping me last night - I enjoyed our visit.
Sandy

paperpedaler said...

Congrats on being invited to the talented team of sassy girls. Your work is certainly worth the place of honor.

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous make! Very pretty. Kim

Candy said...

Pat,

CONGRATULATIONS!! Cheryl is a wonderful gal.
Beautiful card - love the orange and pink together!
Big Hugs, Candy

Kelly Neis said...

Congratulations, they are lucky to have your talent. Have fun on your new DT position.

Cathy said...

Yippee Pat!! So glad to have you on the DT GF!!! You are just Sassy enough to really belong with the rest of us LOL. Your card is beautiful, Sorry I didn't get to play this week but I will be back soon.

Stamping Seasons said...

Hey Pat. Welcome to the team.. if this first card is to go by then I'm going to have to step up my game... its beautiful. You are an amazing addition to our Sassy DT.
Hugs
Tracy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin your cross-over cards, Pat. Beautiful colour work, beautiful papers! Hugs, Lesley

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Pat. I like the fold and color combo with this cute Sassy image!