Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A card for Cole...

Hello my blogging friends. This is a bit of a sad post, I'm afraid. Cole, a 16 year-old young man and friend of Cheryl Alger's son, recently suffered a tragic injury leaving him paralyzed. Cheryl is a friend and a very talented artist ...you may know her as Sassy Cheryl...of Sassy Cheryl's Digis! So...Cheryl has sent out a request to all of us in the cardmaking and blogging community asking us to make cards for Cole to help brighten his days. You can read a bit more about Cole on Cheryl's blog HERE.

So...I dug through my images and stamps...and here's what I came up with...


These little guys are from Whipper Snapper stamps...and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up. They were colored with Copics...and the DPs and Baker's Twine are from my stash. Oh...and those green pearl thingies are actually Kiwi colored "Liquid Pearls.


Here's a peek at the inside...I left a little space for a personal note to Cole...


I'm sending this over to Cheryl tomorrow so she can deliver it to Cole. Please keep Cole and his family and friends in your prayers. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit to my little corner of blogland. Hugs...

9 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

This card is not only cute, but it's such a thoughtful card of you making it to brighten up others :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Your card is delightful sweetie! I'm sure this would help brighten Cole's thoughts a bit. What happened is so tragic. But I think there's always hope.
\Love the color palette, so warm and sweet!
Hugs, Iulia

Boxofcolours said...

Oh you are such a sweetie. This card is fab and I'm sure Cole with appreciate the thought and attention that's gone in to it!
Jane

Cathy said...

Pat, this is sooo perfect. love the image you used !!! This will definitely bring a smile to his face :)

Sandy said...

Such sad news this card is darling. I really like what you did with the inside.
Sandy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this card is so sweet! Beautiful coloring on those cuties. ~jeni :)

Danielle said...

Pat, I love this image, too cute.
Very thouhtful, I am sure it will bring a smile on Cole's face. LOve all the paper layering,gorgeous colors.
Hug.s

Christina C. said...

What a great boy's card, Pat! Cole will treasure this for sure!
Beautiful design and fabulous coloring of this sweet image!

julieprice3 said...

Such a cute image,very sweet card
Hugs Julie P