Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sassy Cheryl has me "In Stitches"!!

Hey sassy friends!! It's Tuesday...and you know what that means, right?! Yep...it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Once again my talented DT sistah, Jeni, is our hostess!! And has Jeni ever thrown ME for a loop with this week's challenge! You'll know what I mean in a sec! Jeni's "theme" this week is...

Stitching...Real or Faux

Y'know what I wish? I wish I had taken Home Ec. in high school instead of Spanish...because then this challenge would be a breeze for me! But, guess what? I can't work a sewing machine...but I can order food in a Mexican restaurant!! LOL!! Someday, I swear, I will learn to work my new sewing machine! But...not quite yet! I'm keeping it safely sealed in the box! For this little card, though, I decided to do my stitching by hand! hehehe!! And here's what I came up with...


Now...I know that most of you have already gone on vacation! I won't get to go for another several weeks yet...but then my sweet hubby and I are going to Carribbean!! Whoohoooo!! Beach!! Which is why I chose this darling little Sassy Cheryl "beach" image called A Crabby Surprise, available at Sassy Cheryl's Digis.


Here's a list of the Copics I used to color this darlin' little image...

E21, 00, 000: Skin
R20: Cheeks
E55, 53, 51, 50: Hair
R08, 05, 02, 01: Reds
B97, 95, 93, 91: Blues
YR21, Y23, 21, E000: Yellows
BG72, 10, 000: Water

I used Not Quite Navy cardstock from SU...and Nestabilities dies...a little Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky...and some "Sand" Ultrasoft Flower Soft for the ...you guessed it, sand! I added some raffia and a little flower that I sprayed w/water and scrunched. I kinda like the finished product. Pretty clean and simple...with just a wee bit of crooked hand stitching! (Hey, Jeni didn't say the stitching had to be straight! LOL!)

Alright...now it's time to pop on over to Sassy Chery's Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous work by Jeni and the rest of Sassy Chery's DT! Then you'll want to pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find them at Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE) and get busy!! Remember to use stitching somewhere on your card - real or faux!! And...remember to link your finished card to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit at Sassy Cheryl's...whoohoo! Let the shopping begin...oops, I mean...let the crafting begin! hehe!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comments!! Have a great week!!