Friday, July 1, 2011

Sugar Nellie Blog Hop!!

Happy July 1st, sweet friends!! I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself!! Today is the day we've all been waiting for...and I have to admit, I've been "not so patiently" waiting!!! New Sugar Nellie rubber stamps and digi images come out today!! Whooo hoooo!! And to celebrate, my friend Karen over at Sugar Nellie is hosting a fabulous Carnival of Color BLOG HOP!! And I'm beyond thrilled to be part of it...

Now...before I show you my card, I must warn you that I'm sort of celebrating Winter in July here in Richmond, VA, U.S.A!! (Kinda fun thinking about snow when it's 90+ degrees outside! LOL!) It's true...and for my very first Winter Holiday Card of 2011, I used this darling new Sugar Nellie image,  "Snowbuddies" which is available starting TODAY at Funky Kits! OK...ready? Here we go....


I had such fun coloring these little cuties...DPs are from Bo Bunny and I used the following Copic markers:

Skin: E21, 00, 000
Cheeks: R20
Umbrella: B97, 95, 93, 91, 41, 000
Scarf, socks, & mittens: BG10, 000, B41
Purples: RV99, 95, 93, 91, 10
Shoes: C7, 5, 3, 1
Snowman: C1, 00
Snowman's scarf & hat: R85, 83, 81, RV00
Snowman's nose: YR18, 15, 12, 09, 00
Snowman's cheeks: R01, 00

Here's a close up...so dang cute, huh?!!


I used several fun effects for this sweet little image...

Inkssentials Glossy Accents (for shoes & snowman's buttons and nose)
Liquid Applique for the fur trim (I used a heat tool to make it puffy!)
Polar White Flower Soft (for the snow)

Here's an extreme close-up of these gorgeous flowers which, of course, came from from Wild Orchids Crafts...I spritzed them with some Sheer Shimmer Spritz...trust me, in real life they look delish!!


This card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"...and is cut into a Gatefold design. I haven't made one of these in a while...I'd forgotten how much fun they are! That gorgeous metal filagree corner is also from Wild Orchid Crafts! Oh...can you see the fun snowflakes? They're made with a Martha Stewart punch and decorated with Stardust Stickles and blue diamonds (er, just kidding...I mean "blue rhinestones"!)


And here's a peek at the inside...pretty simple...if you look closely, you may be able to notice that I embossed the sides with a "snow" embossing folder. The snowflake die is from Spellbinders, and the rhinestone snowflakes are from my stash. Oh...and the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.


Now...in case you were wondering, there is a method to my madness (and this long post)! While you're reading this, I'm filling my shopping cart over at Funky Kits. No worries, tho...I promise to leave some of the fun new stamps for you!

And, last but not least...the "artsy view"...


Thanks so much for hanging in there for this long (but extremely entertaining) post...you've been a real trooper!! Now...it's time to hop on over to the very, very talented Jane's blog...which is your next stop in today's fun Sugar Nellie Blog Hop...

OK...now that I've made my purchases...you can pop on over to Funky Kits and fill up your own shopping cart!! Have fun shopping...I know I did!! hehehe! Thanks so much for stopping by... and be sure to come back tomorrow when I'll have another fun card using one of the new Sugar Nellie images!! Remember to put on your scarf and mittens! brrrrrr! Warm hugs...until next time...

80 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Soooooooooo pretty sweetie!!!

Gayle said...

OMG Pat....sooooooo CUTE!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh my goodness, this is soooo cute, adorable and beautiful, I love it!!!!

Astrid said...

Oh my, this one is soooooo cute, love the image, beautiful details and colouring !!

hugs Astrid

Denise and Louise said...

Totally gorgeous card - these christmas images are just lovely.
Hugs
Denise xx

lis-m said...

oh My.. this has melted my heart.. so cute ..love it to bits ..
Hugs xx

Cecilia Reyes said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the snow, the glossy, the shimmerz, the papers, the cut outs... is really beautiful!!!

Fiona said...

gorgeous card Pat, beautiful stamp and I lurve the papers!!

Fi
x

Julye said...

Oh would love those temperatures but guess if we had them all the time it would be boring. Yourt card is fab and now I have another on my wish list, at this rate it will be long enough to reach to winter, fab card and so cute too, love all your snow flakes.

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the image and your colours are fab, hugs pops x

~ Ali ~ said...

Pat this is fabulous....adorable image and the papers are delish sweetie. Love it

Ali x

Juls said...

this is so so gorgeous!!! Love your colouring, the added snow and the way you have added fur to thier hats!! HUgs Juls

cabio's craft corner said...

Love all these cute textures on this card Pat. Love the delightful and pretty Christmas theme :o)
hugs,
Cabio

Sonia said...

Stunning Pat love the colours you have used, such a pretty card. I will have to invest in this one when i get my head around making some Christmas cards lol..
Hugs Sonia xx

lisbeth said...

this stamps are so cute:), Love your work

Sue said...

So pretty and beautifully coloured.
Sue x

Debs said...

ooh i love it..havn't done a gate fold in ages either..thanks for the inspiration..your card is beautiful :0)..hugs Debs x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a awesome card
i love the snow effect
the image is realy cute
have a great weekend hunni
hugs angelique

Elaine said...

Fabulous Pat!
You always make the most delicious cards, perfectly coloured and beautifully embellished.
See you tomorrow!

Love Elaine xxx

Karen said...

A fabulous card!! I love it!! And of course that image is just amazing too! :0)xx

weewiccababe said...

such a pretty card Pat, love all the wee details
Debz
x

Amanda R said...

Sooo cute! Love the flower soft for the snow, brilliant!

Wenche said...

A wonderful Christmas card!! It really gives me the Christmas feeling :) Great image ♥
Hugs, Wenche :0)

Lorraine said...

This card is really inspirational, I love the colours you have used. All the Christmas images are gorgeous

Chrissy said...

Suvh a gorgeous card, love the image, and fabulous colouring.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Shazza said...

absolutely beautiful card x

Jane said...

Oh my this is stunning xx

Erika said...

Pat such a cute card, love all your snow and as always beautifully finished inside aswell as out. Fab.
Erika.

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow this is amazing! :) Beautiful card.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Marion said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card inside and out. Love this adorable image, I love snow men and snow people. Terrific colourway and delicious papers.
hugs
Marion

Welmoed said...

Your colouring is great again!
Love your 'fun effects'!
Love your 'snowbuddies'!
Love your card!!!!

I leave my scarf and mittens near the computer...hugs...
and untill tomorrow!

Welmoed

Paula said...

Love the dark flowers & all the coolness you packed into the background so the pink of yoru colouring really stands out. The way that purple coat is picked out by the little rose is lovely & I love the inside.
Thanks for all your hard work too.
Paula (PEP)

Lou Mac said...

Ohhh! Look at the snowmans rosey cheeks - come ON! This has made me melt! I love the navy blue details and the construction of the card! So cute!!

Thanks for sharing, xo Lou.

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Awesome winter scene card! Love your coloring - and the snowy details look fantastic!

Thanks for the blog hop!! happy weekend!

Hugs, Hege

Casper said...

Frosty, fresh and cool. with a little girlie for a great mix!

What a great colour combo!
Wintery wishes in such a cute image,great combo within the stamp, love all the elements that make up this stamp!
Fab both inside and out!

Happy blog Hopping!

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Astrid said...

This is a gorgeous card with a funny image.
The inside is beautiful as well. wow.
Hugs Astrid

Sew Sweet said...

Hi Pat, wow what a wonderful surprise you had waiting for us in your tent!
I really like your choice in bo bunny DP, the inside is just as stunning as the outside, thank you for such a fab hop
have a great weekend
emma x

Suzi said...

Wow! Pat, how adorable is this card, love the design, papers, flowers and of course that oh so cute image. A beautiful creation. Happy 4th of July to you, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Christina C. said...

OMG....absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

Hege said...

What a fab christmas card, I love it. The snow effect was gorgeus! Hugs Hege.

D K Crafts said...

Gorgeous style of card. The image is really cute and the colours and detail are beautiful. Donna

Shannin said...

Such a beautiful card. Love all the beautiful details you put into it. A card to treasure who ever receives it. Have a great weekend.

Janiel/ janny said...

Pat, this is adorable!! I love the real fake snow!! LOL.........
hugs, Janiel

Julie said...

Gorgeous card!! julie x

annevctr said...

Love all the little details makes it really special. Hugs Vicky x

Anonymous said...

I love card! I look a lot like a winter scarf I had actually..

*Vicki* said...

Wow Pat, this is really darling hun!! I ADORE the coloring on your image and your beautiful gate fold design!! :) TFS!!!

Jayne Hayward said...

Adore the beautifully coloured image and how you have added the fur effect. Lovely choice of colour used too.

Jayne xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Beautiful card Pat. Just puts you right in the mood for making some Christmas cards. Lainy xx

ourmoi said...

Pat, you are very entertaining! I loved reading your post and your card is stunning!

Randi WS said...

Wow Pat,
your card is so cuuute! I *love love love* your snow and your coloring!
Thanks for sharing

Warm hugs,
Randi WS ;)

Autumn said...

absolutely fabulous inside and out!! Great job pat, this is wonderful!
xxAutumn

sandiblu said...

stunning card Pat. Love the colours and the way you have used different mediums !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

sandiblu said...

stunning card Pat. Love the colours and the way you have used different mediums !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

marion said...

Simply adorable ! Hugs, Marion

LaJanette said...

Loving it! Super awesome card! Love all about it; all that snow, and fluff! Plus your coloring is super!

Janette

Jane said...

This is gorgeous....love the snowman!x

Frea said...

Love this sweet card, great model with the circle in the middle and the image is very sweet. Hugs ,Frea

Carol said...

Stunning work as always Pat! Full of inspiration now after this hop hehe. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Heike said...

Wow, what a wonderful card, love it.

Hugs
Heike

Craftyanny said...

cute as a button
Anne x

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning card! Susan xx

Aunty Sue said...

bless what a cute card and stamp

Kaia said...

Wow, how cute....
Beautiful image and coloring.
Hugs, Kaia

Vee said...

Wow!! This is just gorgeous. Love the image and all the texture.
xx Vee

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW Pat this is delightful, love the image and all those little extra's to make it shine.
Hugs Cheryl

Wendalyn said...

Your card is absolutely adorable..

Karyn S said...

very sweet. I love the flower soft and snow flakes!

alethea said...

This is a beautiful card!! You have done a fab job with your colouring!! HUgs xx

JLJ Designs said...

So cute! I love the snow.

Jen

Sherri said...

Beautiful card both inside AND outside! You have done a stunning job!

Dorothy E said...

So cute!!!!!

Bizzi Hands said...

An appsolutely beautiful card.!
TFS
Sally

angie babe said...

love it, makes me want to start my crimbo cards! lol
love angie xx

Kim. said...

Aww this is so cute, love the style of card with the adorable image and the flower soft and liquid appliqué looks great.
Kim xXx

Sandy said...

Pat this card is gorgeous - wonderful - beautiful! Never have I seen more beautiful coloring - NEVER!!! Have fun with your grand babies - sure wish I could see all the love when you arrive at the airport. Enjoy, I know you will!!!!!
Love you loads - sandy

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, this, with a beautiful stamp.

Hugs AStrid.

Anita said...

Beautiful, inside and outside. Sweet image and I love the applique for the fur trim.

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

amazing card n coloring! need to get me one of those Liquid Applique pens :) Cool!

Mau xx said...

This is adorable and such icy frosty colours ...Love it xx Mau