Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vintage...with distressing, & lace...oh my!

And a hearty hello to all of you, sweet friends!! Didja have a great week? DH and I had the best 4-day weekend together...just hanging out and living "la vida loca!" We went out to dinner, barbecue'd, saw a movie, went to Barnes & Noble...and I was even able to get a little crafting done!! Good thing too, since it's time for another fabby challenge at Mo's DP2...it's our 90th!!!

This week, our very own clever and talented DT sister, Cathy, has given us quite a fun challenge! She wants us to make a card or paper project using the theme:

Vintage...with distressing, & lace...

Whoo hooo...one of my fave themes!! My biggest challenge was to decide which of Mo's adorable images to choose! So I did a little shopping at Mo's Online Store and here's what I came up with...


She's called Flower Girl! Isn't she so dang adorable??? And such a little "princessa" in her peach and green outfit...and check out those green shoes!!


I colored this little cutie with Copics...and used Always Artichoke cardstock & seam binding (Stampin' Up); Webster's Pages DPs; and lace, flowers, and corner embellishment from Wild Orchid Crafts. I distressed the page edges with my Zutter's Distrezz-it-all and then added distress ink (Vintage Photo) to everything that wasn't nailed down. I even tried to add some to the gold filagree corner...baaad idea! I ended it up with ink all over my hands! So I went to plan  B and "distressed" the gold with some Copic marker! Voila...vintage! Here's a peek at the inside...the "happiness" sentiment is from Stampin' Up (2006).


And finally...


OK...let's all hop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the delightful creations by my very talented Design Teamies! Then...pull out your papers and lace...and make your own little creation for this week's challenge! Remember, you must use at least one Mo Manning image...no problem, right?! And you must follow this week's theme!! Oh, I almost forgot...one lucky participant (chosen at random) will win a FREE Mo Manning Digital Image!!!! Yikes...I wanna be YOU!! hehehehe!!

Thanks so much, my lovelies, for stopping by to visit! Have a beautiful week...sending lots of huggggggggs!
until next time....

18 comments:

Nicola said...

Wow Pat this is stunning work! Great distressing and that image is adorable. Beautiful papers create a fab vintage look and love all the finishing touches inside and out!
Love Nicola xxx

Cheryl said...

Pat this is the most adorable card, your flower girl image is coloured to perfection. I really love this vintage look, but I am just not there myself yet, can't seem to get the right look. Oh well we live and learn. I will keep practicing until the next time it comes around. Whoops I've done it again ( rambled on) no surprises there hey! Love & Hugs Cheryl

Tine said...

Stunning card, Pat. Fits the theme just perfectly.
Tine :)

Christina C. said...

OMG, Pat, love this wonderful card!
The papers are awesome,your coloring is amazing and the whole layout, brilliant!!!!

Debra G Smith said...

All I can say is...GORRRGEAUS!!! I love vintage and this is fabulous!!
I love it!!
Hugs..Debra

Dena said...

What stunning papers for a vintage theme! This is tooooo pretty!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn B. said...

Pat she is beautiful. I would have never thought to use her for a vintage card. Sounds like your weekend was fabulous. Did you say you actually did the C word? lol.

Dorcas said...

Oooooooh this is LOVELY Pat! Perfect image choice for an old fashioned card. MO is great for that. The trouble is choosing one!
I love all the flowers and antique-ness here. Wonderful job. :-)

Susie said...

I love her little green slippers (shoes)! And I like the distressing you did. It almost looked as if you had burned the edges a little. The inside is also finished off nicely. Beautiful paper - vintage in itself. A sweet "princessa" wrapped in flowery goodness.

She looks somewhat like the flower girl at our son's wedding. A story for another time. *smiling*

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Pat!
How gorgeous is that card!! You've colored her to perfection, and the vintage look is so perfect! So stunning! I also want to say thank you, because you always leave such lovely comments on my blog, and I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'm so happy to be a GD with you for the month of July!
hugs and THANK YOU!
Marilyn

Tracy said...

Pat, you have used one of the most beautiful colors combinations out there and created a truly stunning work of art. Perfect papers, a beautifully colored image, and the perfect selection of embellishments. Thanks for sharing this bit of beauty with us!

Pops x said...

Such a gorgeous creation sweetie, fab design and colours, hugs Pops x

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
She is just beautifully colored and your card is so gorgeous! You have a wonderful eye for layout and design!

Betsy said...

Wow! A truly beautiful card! Love the colors you've used, that sweet image, and the distressing! Perfect in every way!

cathylynn said...

Hey Pat this is an awesome creation!!! Oh boy I really love the papers and your coloring of this delightful image is stunning. Beautiful inside and out! Fabulous work as always!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elaine L. said...

This card is just gorgeous, Pat! What a wonderful addition this would make to a bride's memory book.

Iulia said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! What else could I add? This is one of my all time favorite cards! Love everything about it - I really must use more some of those Webster's Pages. Kind of forgot about them lately. They are simply gorgeous; your coloring , everything rocks:)
Hugs sweetie and enjoy your weekend!
Iulia

Debbie said...

Oh Pat what a beautiful card. The peach colors are devine, and the beautiful green ribbon over the lace is the perfect accent for the vintage challenge. I have this image and have yet to color her in. But now that I've seen this beauty, I am itching to play with her.

Hugs
Debbie
Debbie