Monday, July 11, 2011

Sherbet Pips...

Hi y'all...it's me again! I've had the best time this weekend...and I'm just dying to share this new little image with you!! Actually, there's a whole set of these little cuties from Sugar Nellie...they're called Sherbet Pips and you can get them at Funky Kits. Here's a pic of all five of these sweethearts! (I can show you now because I've already purchased all of them! Bwahahaha!! <-- that's my evil laugh!!)


So...I made this fun tent card using Honey Pip...


Now, I will tell you that I have never, ever made a tent card...but Dena has a great tutorial for a tent card HERE. I just changed the dimensions a bit...since I generally make 5.5" x 5.5" cards...so where Dena says to cut your cards to 6", I just cut to 5.5"...and for the little "tent" piece, I used 5.5" x 4"...everything else was the same...easy peasy!!


I used Blushing Bride cardstock (from Stampin' Up) as my base...and the DPs came from the 50% off table at Barnes & Noble, believe it or not!! They're from K & Company! I just thought the colors were yummy...and my sweet hubby picked up not one but TWO 12" x 12" pads for me...because they were on sale!! That's right...he feeds my crafting addiction too! hehehe!


I colored this little "Pip" with Copics...

Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000
Cheeks: R20
Hair & shoes: E29, 25, 23, 53, 51, 50
Dress & anklets: R02, 02, 00, RV10, 00, 000
T-shirt & leggings: BG72, 70, 10, 000, 0000, G24, 21, 20

Here's a close up of the gorgeous flowers and metal filagree corner (I love these!) from Wild Orchid Crafts. I also added a pearl flourish from ZVA Creative...some pearls from my stash...and finished it with a bow made from seam binding (Pear Pizazz from SU). Ooooh...I almost forgot...the sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.


So...I've decided to enter this little cutie into Challenge #27 at Wild Orchid Challenges which is to make a "Tent" card! Thanks WOC for giving us the link to Dena's tutorial!! And...that's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to...until next time....

18 comments:

Dena said...

I LOVE your evil laugh. I laughed out loud at that one!!!
What a majorly CUTE card Pat! You are so great with the details!! I can't wait for my little Pip to make its way to my home, I am waiting very patiently (not)! haha! Thanks for the inspiration!
P.S. Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Your card is just lovely!
Beautiful colours and details :o)
Hugs, Candy

paola said...

LMBO at the evil laugh bit, you are so funny, i love this little darling and as for all the pearly details,and flowers, well you sure know how to make a girl green, another stunning card with fabulous details, i must be your biggest fan, you rock!!!
smiles
Paola

Danielle said...

Hi Pat

What a lovely cute card. Love your coloring and layout.

hugs,
danielle

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

This is such a great card, love the image and design. Bye mascha

Suzi said...

This is adorable Pat, love those pips, so very cute, your card has wonderful detailing and amazing colouring skills.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pops x said...

HI sweetie, this is gorgeous i love the colours that you have chosen, the stamp is adorable i think these are my all time fave from sugar nellie, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this week, hugs Pops x x

Monique said...

That's so lovely Pat !

Hugs Monique

cathylynn said...

Another fabulous creation Pat!!! WOW what a cute stamp. Gee I hope I'm not feeling another addiction. HEHE!! Anyway this card is sooooo gorgeous and I'll have to give that tent card a try. Thanks so much for sharing and you are a definite inspiration!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

elsi said...

Beautiful tentcard! I just love the colors you have used :) Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Debbie said...

Dr. Evil... Oh I mean Pat... this is just to freaking cute..OMG...Your little Pip is just adorable, she is colored to perfection, and as for your tent card one of the things on my to do list so off I go to try and get one done...

Hugs
Debbie

Mina said...

wow Pat as stunningly gorgeous as always...amazing colouring
Mina xxx

Barb said...

Pat, your tent card turned out perfectly!! This is gorgeous in all the details! And those images are too cute to resist! Amazing coloring! Hugs!

Sarah said...

This is crazy gorgeous! omg your colouring is amazing!!

Shannin said...

Pat, this card is so very precious. The image is adorable, the colors are beautiful. Great job coloring her. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Hugs
Shannin

Molecraft said...

What a fab tent card, adorable image and yes, very yummy colours!
Helen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning, stunning recent makes. I'm so enjoying admiring them all. This one in particular really caught my eye. Superb colourwork and beautiful colour choices! Hugs, Lesley

Iulia said...

Hi dear sweet Pat! I eventually got here and would better grab a coffee (if only I ever drank some of that...lol) because I see you've been quite prolific these past weeks. Plus, there's so much to admire. Don't you worry, I've been here to peek on them all but now I found the time to drop a not too:) It's harder with these non- native speakers like me ; it takes time to find their words...lol
This one is one of those type of cards I want to make one of these days; so something similar on Dena's blog too.
Your coloring never ceases to amaze me, not even after all this time! This is such a swwt image and those colors a la Pat are just fantastic!!! Great choice of papers, glad to hear your hubby feeds your crafting needs:); it's great when they at least understand them let alone do something about too...he he. You're so lucky!
Luv ya sweets!
Iulia