Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's a tuffet?

Well...I'm not entirely sure...but I think Little Miss Muffet, here, is sitting on one...eating curds and whey. Hey...wait a minute...curds and whey?! Are you kidding me?! What language were they using when they wrote that nursery rhyme anyway?! Here's what I think...I think this cutie was sitting on an ottoman eating some oatmeal...and a spider came down...probably because the Housework Fairy hadn't visited in a while...

Soooooo...enough silliness...what? No way! One can never have too much silliness in life!! But...I digress...it's Thursday and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2!! Lisa is our "Hostess with the Mostest" again this week...and she's decided that we should all make some kind of paper project (card, 3D project, etc.) inspired by a book or a story...so here's what I came up with....


Now, I'm pretty sure that a Nursery Rhyme is just a teeny, tiny story with words that rhyme...so, in my mind, it fits this week's theme! hehehehe!! Here are a couple of side views...



I used Very Vanilla  and Chocolate Chip cardstock from Stampin' Up...and some delightful DPs from Prima's "Jack & Jill" collection. The Very Vanilla seam binding is also from SU; pearls came from my stash. Those gorgeous flowers and that beautiful 14 karat gold filagree corner (just checking to see if you were paying attention! LOL!!) came from one of my fave online stores, Wild Orchids Crafts! here's a peek at the inside...the "milk 'n sugar" charm came from the Charm Barn.

 

It's been a while since I made a pocket card...so I thought it would be fun to add a pocket and a tag...I used one of my Marianne Designs "Creatables" tag dies. And...here's a close-up of the sentiment (from Stampin' Up)...which is just a wee bit whimsical!


So, there ya go, my lovelies! Now it's your turn. Put on your thinking caps and come up with a card or paper project inspired by a book or a story. Be sure to use a Mo Manning image...check out Mo's online store...there are so many fun images that will work! Then enter your paper "masterpiece" into this week's challenge at Mo's DP2. And guess what else? One lucky participant, selected at random, will win a free Mo Manning digi image!! How cool is that?! But before you start crafting...be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 and take a peek at what my clever DT sisters have created for this week's inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what kind of trouble I've been up to...and thanks for your sweet comments on my cards. Sending hugs your way...until next time.... 

21 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colouring Pat, just beautiful. Love your card the papers and details are wonderful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Cindi said...

Beautiful card! Great papers and colors. I like your modern day interpretation of the nursery rhyme :) So true lol.

cathylynn said...

Wow Pat another beauty!!! Your coloring is awesome and I love all your special details. Gosh the inside is as lovely as the outside. You are quite the artist!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Dorcas said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card, Pat! Another image "I must get" next time. Which I WOULD if Mo would stop pumping out even more cuties!
Beautiful coloring and you always make the insides so pretty too.
14 carat oh i believe it, how else would they be so bendable? LOL

CraftyC said...

This is totally gorgeous Pat, love everything about it!
Clairexx

Christina C. said...

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card and your coloring is beautiful. Love all the embellishments and punches you used.

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card...inside and out!

Linda said...

Wow and Wow Pat this is gorgeous!!!!! The outside and inside of the card!!!! What a fantastic job!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Barb said...

Oh Pat, your card is fantastic!
Thanks for sharing,
Barb Ü

tilly said...

this is beautiful both inside and out, cute image and fab papers
Tilly

Cheryl said...

Your little miss muffet is adorable Pat, and your colouring is just amazing! I really was paying attention I want to get some of those gold corners from WOC they are beautiful. Love reading your posts, always a laugh.
Hugs Cheryl (whoops done it again rambled on ) oh on still going......

Barb said...

Beautiful coloring, Pat, and the card is so much fun! Lovely choice of papers and embellies.. love those flowers! Hugs!

Sandy said...

To say you are a major talent would be the understatement of the year!!!!
You knock my socks off all the time - at least I can say " I knew you when"
Much love
Sandy

Ellie said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your coloring and the inside is so pretty too!

Candy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Pat!!
Awesome colouring.
Great design papers.
Hugs, Candy

Tracy said...

This is just beautiful Pat! I love the colors you've used. They're some of my favorites. The card design is wonderful and I love the addition of the tag pocket on the inside. Just love it!

Molecraft said...

Another gorgeous card Pat and I have to say your version of the rhyme sounds better lol!
Helen x

Sue said...

Pat, this is absolutely stunning color work. Beautiful design, inside and out. So many lovely details to look at and enjoy.

Sue Drees

Iulia said...

Hey darlin'! Well I must admit I was here before but somehow got stuck at the first paragraph and realized I needed a dictionary:))I still do but since it's midnight here (there are 7 hours between us, I checked that:) please be indulgent! Your card is delicious; gorgeous image (never seen it before) and so beautifully colored! Love the colors and that 14 karat filigree is the perfect addition. perfect inside just beautiful!
Gotta go to sleep now sweetie; talk soon!
Hugs

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is adorable. Your coloring is fabulous. You put so much work into your cards. Love it all.