Saturday, July 9, 2011

Patriots Remembered...

Happy weekend!! I'm beyond excited to be hanging in my craftroom!! And I've finally gotten around to coloring one of the cutest images from Sassy Cheryl's Digis. I love, love, LOVE so many of Cheryl's images because they have such a wonderful "vintage" feel to them...and, as I get older, I feel as though I'M becoming more and more "vintage" myself. LOL!! So...this card is going to our only grandson, Brody, and his dad (my eldest son, Andy), to wish them a happy belated 4th of July! Andy served in the U.S. Navy more than 10 years ago, during the Kosovo Crisis...so I thought it was a perfect card to honor him and all of the other young men and women in the military.


This darling little image is called "Patriots Remembered" and is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's online store. If you haven't visited Cheryl's store, you really MUST. So many adorable images...and because they're digis...instant gratification! hehehehe!!
 

The DPs are from Bo Bunny's Liberty Collection...and the cardstock is from Stampin' Up, Real Red and Night of Navy. The ribbon is Real Red too, also from SU. I used a scalloped Nestabilities die so I could enter this cutie into this week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #71.


I kept this card pretty simple...colored with Copics...and just a few stars cut with Sizzix dies and a few rhinestone stars as embellies. The inside is simple too...no sentiment, just space for a personal note.


That's it for me, kids. I'm off to do more coloring!! Whoohoo!! Have a great weekend! Until next time...

18 comments:

Pops x said...

Such a gorgeous creation sweetie, fab design and colours, hugs Pops x

Christina C. said...

You talked me into it, Pat....I will check it out because I adore this sweet image. You showcased this to perfection. Gorgeous card!

Sharon Keanly said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous Pat. Just love all the details.

heidy said...

Gorgeous as always Pat,great to honor your son and grandson this way
Hugs Heidy

paola said...

Fab girlfriend, as per your usual style of fabulous your coloring is amazing and i love those stars, wish i could find a die that i liked for my stars. TFS, good luck with the challenge
smiles
Paola

Iulia said...

Hi Pat! This is one fabulous card, you proud Mum and Grandma:) Love the design and the great patriotic colors and papers. Just great in every respect. That digi is perfectly chosen too.
Happy Sunday sweetie!
Iulia

Debbie said...

The vintage papers are GORGEOUS!!! as are your perfectly placed stars. This is just a perfect card for you son and grandson. I am sure they will love it.

Hugs
Debbie

Cheryl said...

Lovely card Pat, Hugs Cheryl

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love the bow, it's gorgeous, and the colours, image,stars, all perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Pat, my fellow 'Richmonder' this is a STUNNING card! I too love the vintage feel and look of the card. Love the flag paper in the background, it's just perfect. What a lucky bunch of boys to receive this card. And that red, polka dot ribbon. Love it. You know how I LOVE my polka dots.
Thanks for playing in the challenge this week Pat!!!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Pat and I love your colour combo
Clairexx

Cheryl said...

oh this is one stunning card hun just love that image and the papers and layout are just perfect hugs cheryl xxx

Cynthia said...

This is really a great vintage card, Pat! Great colors and dp.

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
I musst of missed this great image at Sassy Cheryl's!
Love your card!
Fabulous papers.
Beautiful colouring as always.
Hugs, Candy

Stamping Seasons said...

Love the detail on your card, everything just pops out when you look at it.
Thanks for taking the time entering and sharing with us at Sassy Cheryls challenge.
Hugs
Tracy

Ann English said...

Oh, Pat, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is perfect, your embellishments are perfect, the inside is just as beautiful as the inside.

I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

Molecraft said...

A very patriotic card pat, I bet they loved it! Fabulous papers!
Helen x

Jesse Metcalf said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous Pat. Just love all the details.