Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Red, White, & Blue...

Guess what? It's the second Tuesday of July! I can't believe we're 1/2 way through the year already! Like many of you, I've already started thinking about Winter Holiday cards!! But, for this fun color challenge, our very clever and talented Design Teamie, Linda, has chosen...

 Red,         , and blue 
(note...the middle word is "white"...you just can't see it! LOL!)

Now, I'd been wanting to make a "Thank You" card for our friends in Tennessee for putting up with DH and me for a full weekend a few weeks ago! (You may recall, that was the the trip when my hubby dumped me into the lake while he was trying to park a Sea Doo...with me hanging on the back end! LOL!!) Hmmmm...I thought, nautical theme might be fun! So, here's what I came up with...


Oh yea...this could be me trying to climb up the dock ladder...but I looked like a drowned rat...Tilda looks much fresher!! hehehe!! I made a fun gatefold card...and used  "Tilda on Rope Ladder" and that fun "Sea Banner" from the Magnolia Bon Voyage collection. DPs are from DCWV's "Nantucket" collection...and the buttons and charm are from my stash.


Cardstock is Night of Navy and Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up)...and I colored all images with Copics.


I used this cute little "Edwin with Binoculars"  and "Hawser" rope image for the inside...leaving plenty of space to include a handwritten note. Here's one last little view...


Now you'll want to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Linda and the rest of the amazingly talented Design Team have created for inspiration. Then...be sure to join in the fun by making and entering your own Magnolia red, white, & blue creation into this month's Color Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random) wins a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Who knows...you may just be that lucky person!!

That's it for me!! Oooohhh...wait...one more thing...I'm entering this cutie into 7 Kids College Fund Challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for always leaving such kind comments. They truly make my day! Maggie hugs...until next time....

20 comments:

Maria said...

Wow Pat! I so love it!! Fabulous layout and your colouring is perfect!! I can so picture you hanging from the Sea Doo ~ hehe. Our hubbies have a wicked sense of humour ~ lol. Hugs, Maria

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous gate fold card Pat. Very lovely use of these stamps. Love the awesome DP and the wonderful embellishment you picked!! Sweet job!
Hugs,
Cabio

Debbie said...

Pat, you just amaze me, this is just gorgeous. Love the story that goes with it as well..sounds like you had a blast in Tennessee.

Hugs
Debbie

Dena said...

Pat, another amazing card girlie! Wow! Your coloring is perfect and I just love your style!!!!
Your friends will adore the card as would anyone receiving this!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Christina C. said...

What an amazing creation....you are sooooooooo talented!!!!!!!!!!!
What a treat visiting your blog!

Kelly Neis said...

Your card is so darn cute. I love the surprise opening to the inside where Edwin awaits.

Angela said...

I love this Pat! These gate cards are wonderful - you can add so many details to these kinds of cards and you have done a beautiful job with your's! Awesome coloring on all your images! Love your papers and fun buttons. How perfect that ship wheel charm is! So many gorgeous details to look at! <3 hugs, Angela

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs pops x

Suzi said...

Ooh!! Loving this to bits. Fantastic gatefold card, the inside is as beautiful as the front. Gorgeous creation Pat.
Hugs
Suzi x

Barb Hardeman said...

I love it! I absolutely love it! Love the gatefold, love the images and love the brads! The finishing inside is fabulous - perfect for the theme! FANtastic!!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Card Crazy said...

Darling little sailor girl! Love the DP and the colors. She's a real sweetie.
Sue S.

Chris said...

It is so lovely, Pat! I love how you finished the interior as well. The front is just perfect, too! It's a wonderful card!

XO,
Chris Christensen

julieprice3 said...

Your card is just Gorgeous Pat! Beautiful use of colour,love your layout, just perfect!
Hugs Julie P

Only By His Grace said...

Fabulous card Pat. I love all the elements.The DP's, the pretty ribbon and button and the cute little charm. your coloring is gorgeous.
Hugs Maz

Candy said...

Pat,
Your work on this card is fabulous!
Your images are coloured so beautifully!!
LOVE the design paper - just perfect :o)
Hugs, Candy

Molecraft said...

Another fabulous creation Pat, love the nautical theme and great design!
Helen x

Elle said...

OMG what a perfect card for the challenge!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Iulia said...

Gorgeous in every detail! Great coloring and shape- perfectly chosen papers and the inside is just so sweet!
Hugs, Iulia

embroidered clothing said...

There are no any words to say about your gorgeous card. It is really superb and too much sweet. I like all elements.