Monday, June 27, 2011

Shabby chic...

Hi friends...this is going to be the quickest post in history!! My sweet hubby is downstairs waiting for the sous chef (that would be me) to help with dinner! Now, for those of you who know me, you'll find that ever so humorous...since I don't cook...let me rephrase that...I don't enjoy cooking!! LOL!! I do enjoy crafting, tho...and here's a little card I put together for a couple of challenges...

Lili of the Valley (following Donalda's fun sketch)
and
Wild Orchids Crafts (theme: shabby chic friendship)

...so here's my entry...only one photo since the sunlight was quickly fading...


I painted the metal filagree corner (from WOC) with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Crackle Paint...then sponged on a bit of Creamy Caramel ink (Stampin' Up). I actually got this fabulous "painted metal corner" idea from Dena over at LOTV...I've used it a couple of times and quite like the effect. Thanks Dena...you rock! DPs are from English Rose Collection (Kaiser Craft)...CS is Very Vanilla and River Rock (from SU). These gorgeous flowers are from WOC, of course...and the rest of the fun embellies came from my stash. The image...well, it's LOTV...colored with Copics! I love, love, love LOTV images...and, once I'm a fulltime stay at home crafter, (in just 4 weeks...hooray!), I'll be making lots and lots of cards just for fun! YAY!!

OK...that's it for me. Thanks for stopping by...and for your kind comments. Hugs...until next time....

23 comments:

Dorcas said...

Oh its gorgeous, Pat!! I love the painted corner effect too. Can't wait to try that. Really lovely!

Dena said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning! What else can I say!!? I LOVE IT!
Hugs, Dena

Danielle said...

Hi Pat, this is tooo pretty. I love the image , teapot, cupcake and all... Gorgeous coloring. Such a lovely background, wonderfulpastel rich colors, beautiful papers. Love the little spool of thread and pretty flowers and pearls. Love it all!!
Hugs.

Cheryl said...

Oh Pat , this one is a stunner, love it lots & lots. I love those LOTV images too, I have put in an order with them (I wish they would hurry up) I'm not very patient when it comes to things I have ordered. I just can't wait to play with them. TFS your gorgeous creations, you're a champion.
Hugs Cheryl

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the colours and the fabulous image also the details you have added, really gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Martinas Welt said...

Wow...what a fantastic card! Lovely colouring and soo beautiful embellies! Love your card!
Martina

Michelle said...

It must be a nurse thing, I don't enjoy cooking at all either. After nearly 20 years my husband has taken over that duty.... thank goodness!

Michelle said...

I meant to add that your card is beautiful!

Iulia said...

This is one of those cards which couldn't get better than this. It's just perfect! The colors (gorgeous color combo- "à la Pat", as I call it:)), the embellies (I love to have as many as I can fit in, you know that:)), the beautifully colored image, everything looks fabulous!
You definitely rocked the challenge with this one! Love it!
Oh,I was just wondering: did the poor hubby go to sleep with an empty stomach eventually?:))
Hugs,

coops said...

stunning card pat, so beautiful.i love the adorable image and your colours and details are really pretty :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Pat, gorgeous image and colours.
luv
Debby

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Great style, love the card it's wonderful, bye mascha

Sandy said...

I got here as early as I could but could I be the first to post? NOOOOOO
Of all your cards I think this is my favorite. This is definitely my alter ego - such a dainty little thing serving tea and crumpets in my very prim and proper English home. I do adore this card Pat - LOVE that lace. I am no kidding you Pat - this is who I think I am in my heart.
Love you bunches and bunches!
Sandy

Bev said...

Pat this is just soooo pretty! Love the soft colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week x

Lena Katrine said...

A great creation in lovely colours! Thanks for playing along at LOTV's Sketch Challenge this time, hope to see you again at our next challenge!
Hugs, Lena

Barb said...

Oh, Pat, this is so sweet! I love pink and green and tea sets, so this really tugged at my heart! So lovely! Hugs!

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, Pat, this is just too adorable....OMG...absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!! lOVE this stunningly sweet image and the muted tones of this fabulous card! It's a masterpiece for sure.

Molecraft said...

Stunning Pat, love the colours and fabulous details!
Helen x

Marianne said...

How beautiful this one is. Such a pretty colorcombo and I love al your embellisments. This little threatspool, your pearls, that beautiful corner. And, before I forget to tell you, a marvelous colored image.
Hugs Marianne

milli said...

What a gorgeus card! Love all the details!

Candy said...

Totally AWESOME!!
Love everything about your beautiful card.
Hugs, Candy

Catherine said...

Fantastic card!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Judging by how prolific you have been in recent weeks I just know that once you become a fulltime stay at home crafter, I won't ever have a chance of catching up! I can't keep up with you as it is, Pat. This, btw, is stunning! Beautiful design, beautiful colour work and I just love your embellishment! Hugs, Lesley