Thursday, June 2, 2011

For the "Glad Grad"!!

Hi friends...I can't believe it's Thursday already. And it's JUNE! Yikes!! This year is flying by! Now...as you well know, Thursday means another fun challenge at Mo's...and June means fireflies and GRADUATIONS!! So, since I had no reason to make a card with fireflies, I decided to make a card for my husband's nephew, Chris, who just graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication. PLUS...he already has a job in his chosen field! Whoohooo!! Chris is just the sweetest guy...and actually looks a bit like Mo's "Glad Grad"! ...except for the funky sneakers!! LOL!! You can find "Glad Grad" HERE at Mo's DP2 Online Store.


Now....our hostess for this week's challenge at Mo's is our very own sweet and immensely talented design teamie, Dawn...and she's chosen this clever little sketch for us to play with....

Fun, huh?!

Sooooo...off to my local craft store I trotted (well, actually I drove!) to find some graduation DPs. No luck...but I did find this fun paper from K & Company called "Americana"...and I decided that it would be kinda perfect for a boy card!!


I tell ya, I'm still going through withdrawal...no bling...no flowers...no lace...arrggh!!!  LOL!! Well...at least I got to play with my Copic Sketch markers and Prismacolor pencils!! And then I decided to use "Wonky Rectangle" Nestabilies to "funky" things up at least a little bit!! I quite like the results! I tossed in a few red brads...and  made a little "Celebrate" medal with Just Rite stamps and my Stampin' Up circle and scallop circle punches...added a little jute...and secured a little corner thingie and...voila! Clean and simple (although some would say it's a bit "naked") graduation card! I fancied up the inside just a bit too...


I used a fun stamp from Stampin' Up (the collection is called "Word Play")...and added a couple of fun graduation brads.


Then, on the top half of the card, I embossed some Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up)...using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Goochie Script"...and added a little pocket for a gift card or check. Here's a close up of the embossing...


And finally, get ready for it...the "artsy view"...


I know...lots of pics...but my sweet hubby got me a new camera so I could take better quality photos of my cards! He's such a sweetheart!! And I've been practicing my photography! hehehe!! I know...I need more practice, right?! LOL!

Now my lovelies, you will definitely want to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a look at the amazing creations by my uber-talented DT sisters!! Then pull out your own crafting supplies and make your own special somethin' somethin' to enter into this week's fun "sketch" challenge!

Remember...to be eligible to win the free Mo digi image of your choice, you MUST use at least one Mo Manning image!

OK, darlins...
On your mark...get set...GO!! And have a fabulous week crafting!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what insanity I've been up to! hehehe! And thanks, in advance, for all your sweet comments. Sending hugs your way...until next time....

 

13 comments:

Dorcas said...

You did a great job on this Pat! I love the twine in the eyelets behind the image and I think the award embellie in place of flowers is perfect!
I was a little nervous when I realized I didn't use the flower in the sketch and used buttons instead but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. lol
Awesome coloring!

Debra G Smith said...

Pat..what an awesome guy granduation card!! I do think the paper is perfect for this and your nestie die worked great. Coloring is fab as always. Great job!!

Cathy said...

Pat, this is awesome as always. Love the different dp's used, makes it a really masculine card. Perfect in every way!!!

Debbie said...

OMG!!! This is just over the top, you out did yourself with this beauty, I love the papers and how you did all the extras like the embossing really make this card stand out. CONGRATULATIONS to Chris on not only graduating but for finding a job within his field.

Hugs
Debbie

P.s. Thanks for reminding me I have to make one for my own son... Love this so much, i Think I'll see is Michaels has that paper

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, loving the colours, gorgeous work, big hugs love pops x x x

I am sorry i forgot to reply to your message, slap my wrists, they are quickcutz photo corners, retired, i will have a looksie and see if i can find you one x x x

Molecraft said...

What a fab graduation image and love the layout!
Helen x

Molecraft said...

What a fab graduation image and love the layout!
Helen x

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Your card is just wonderful - boy cards are definitely more difficult to make than girly cards! The papers you used were perfect and your coloring is great.

Michele said...

Such a wonderful card Pat!!! Hugs Michele x

Sandy said...

Love the design you have done with this Pat - wonderful design work - Love the paper and your coloring could not be better. Most of all your design work is spectacular - love the way you have done the eyelets with the twine. What a neat idea.
Love you
Sandy

Dawn B. said...

Pat...my daughter just graduated from college too.Luckily she also has a job. I am so thankful. Your nephew will love this. I REALLY like the paper you chose.. Super job.

Iulia said...

Gorgeous male card, Pat! Male cards are supposed to be a bit "naked", so don't you worry, I bet your husband's nephew wouldn't preferred a rose in the middle...lol. It's just perfect. Love this guy too, I mean Mo's stamp...lol. Love the colors and your beautiful coloring! Great inside too and perfect sentiment!
Hugs sweetie and have a happy week-end!
Iulia

Elaine L. said...

Pat, I love this card! The papers are so perfect, and I love the shape of the image panel!