Thursday, June 16, 2011

If one tag card is good...two must be better!

That's right...I couldn't make up my mind so, instead of making just one tag card, I opted to make a second one!! They're fun to make...and the tag can be used as a bookmark!! hehehe!!

So...welcome to Thursday...and, of course, that means another fun challenge at Mo's! Lisa is our talented hostess this week...and for our theme, she has chosen:

"Make a tag and use your fave embellishment!!"

I never quite know what I'm supposed to do with tags, so I made a couple of "tag" cards! What'cha think?


I used one of my fave Mo Manning images...Sophie! She is just as sweet as can be...and, except for the straight hair and the fact that she's hugging her dolly, this little Sopie would be the spittin' image of our curly-haired Sophie who virtually NEVER plays with dolls!! LOL! Here's a look at the tag outside of it's handy dandy little pocket!


This card is pretty clean & simple. And, once again I say to you, "it feels naked!!" No flowers...no charms...no bling!! I do sort of love that bow tho! My papers and that yummilicious ribbon are from Stampin' Up...the green is Certainly Celery...the white is Whisper White. I also used one of my MS punches for that swirly green edging...and 2 cuttlebug embossing folders. The sentiment is from LOTV. OK...here's a peek at card number 2!


Isn't Super Duper Girl just the cutest? I kinda like the red, white, and blue color scheme...and I threw in a little yellow for an extra pop of color!! The DPs are new from Bo Bunny, the sentiment is from my stash..


My fave embellie? Hmmmmm...maybe ribbon and yummy bows...or maybe fancy rhinestones...oh...it's just no use...I have too many fave embellies to choose just one!  hehehe! Here's a peek at the inside...pretty basic, really...but it sort of works. Especially with yet one more tag on the inside!!  LOL!


So, that's what I've been up to!! Now it's your turn to make your own "tag" with some of your fave embellies! Remember to use a Mo Manning image and follow this week's theme to be eligible for a free Mo Manning digi image. Before you go, though, please take a few moments to check out the gorgeous artwork by my Design Teamies at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog. Absolutely beautiful!!! Oh...and please remember to leave these talented ladies a little love! Thanks so much for stopping by...until next time....

27 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! Pat those bows are gorgeous. Love the tags, great images and gorgeous colouring.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Martinas Welt said...

Your two cards are just stunning! I do not miss a thing on them, as you said they look naked...oh no! And I love your bows!! Wow! Two really beautiful card creations!!!
Martina

QualityPoint said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heidy said...

Beautiful bows,Pat love those cards!
Hugs Heidy

Gina said...

Wow, both cards are just stunning! Great use of tags, I never know what to do with all mine either!

Christina C. said...

WOW....WOW...your cards are SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Love your tags...thanks for the inspiration!

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness Pat you made TWO cards!! I love them both. Totally envious of your coloring, its exquisite! Really fabulous cards!

charlene said...

Pat these are just adorable love super duper girl !
Hugs

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Wonderful cards! I love them both! You are so creative! I read your blog every morning and love what you do!

Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Debbie said...

OMG Pat, if I ever used one of these gorgeous tags as a bookmark, I would never read, I would be admiring your beautiful art work. love the idea of tucking it in like that. Actually looks like she is peeking out at us.

Hugs
Debbie

CraftyC said...

WOw, these are both adorable cards Pat, so beautifully coloured and the tags are gorgeous
Clairexx

Debra G Smith said...

Pat..WOW!! and WOW!! I love them both. These are gorgeous. You always do such an awesome job on your cards.
Hugs..

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous work in gorgeous colours, hugs pops x

Dawn B. said...

Pat Pat Pat...these are both fantastic. Your coloring is beautiful. I love this card style too. Great job..

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!! You just keep on amazing me, time after time. These are both gorgeous, Pat! I can't pick a favorite, but gosh I sure do love super duper girl! :) Happy almost Friday! :)
hugs, Sharon

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Both tag cards are wonderful.
I love plain and simple :o)
Think my favourite this time though is Super Duper Girl. Love the colours you coloured her and your great paper!!
Hugs, Candy

Nicola said...

Pat, these two creations are incredible! They both have a totally different feel to them but both equally beautiful. Love how u decorate inside to be as beautiful as outside and the images are coloured to perfection!
Love Nicola xxx

Kimberly said...

WOW what awesome cards. I'm glad i popped over from mo mannings blog...you are one talented crafter...your coloring is fabulous...i'm your newest follower and would love you to come and see my cards...a far cry from yours but i'm still learning...TFS!
www.justwordz.ca

Iulia said...

Hi Pat! Oh, you actually made two cards! Difefrent but gorgeous both of them! You should get copyright on thee two cause the idea of tucking them like this in a pocket is fabulous! love the embossed panels in the first one. I kind of forgot about embossing lately. Looks so elegant! No need for embellies! Looks great!
The second one is more bold and seems to me for the patriotic kind:) Great colors and wow, didn't realize there was an inside for these too:) Terrific work!
Hugs sweetie and have a great week-end!
Iulia

Monique said...

They are both lovely Pat !

Hugs Monique

Molecraft said...

Two fab cards Pat, great tags and love the bows!
Helen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your Sassy sweetie in your last post in her fabby colour combo and I love these two secret tag makes too! Fabulous colourwork, perfect choice of papers. My fave is the first one simply because of all that white and texture! Hugs, Lesley

Pamela Bagdonas said...

That was a wonderful idea, as I try to stay away from tags. Joined your email list. Super neat double up ideas. Great cards.

cabio's craft corner said...

Love your super cute idea on stamping the images on a tag and tucked them into the cards. Very sweet cards and gorgeous coloring job Pat :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cynthia said...

Both tag cards are adorable, Pat! Lovely design idea. I may have to CASE as some point. :)

Barb Hardeman said...

These are fabulous, Pat! I always enjoy my visit to your blog to see what exceptional creations you've been working on. You just never seem to lose your edge! Love every detail, even without the flowers and pearls...hugs...Barb

Sandy said...

These tag cards are so cute I know I have to steal this idea - my favorite one is the very first one. Outstanding work Pat -
Love
Sandy